2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declan Rice
Good shout. But I would argue that he wasn't good enough (at the moment) to be a regular starter for us either and if you mentioned his name in the summer transfer thread there would be a lot more calling you down than agreeing with you.

I made a post yesterday that many of our fans covet young players at other clubs because we only see their good traits rather than their faults. I think this is a perfect example of that.

How long do you think he'd last on here with the likes of @nsno-chris and @orly ? Not very would be my guess:)

Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Patrick Viera were all playing regularly at the age of 20 and having an impact on their.

Because they were good and could actually influence a game and make a mark. You don’t put someone in because there’s no other option

He optimisers what we stand; bang average
I ask you to give me the names of current young midfielders and you give me 3 of the best the whole premier era. All world class. I think that proves my point that they are few and far between.

Highlighted bit totally wrong but that can be explained away by your (incorrect) interpretation of the Martinez / Koeman formation.

You've defeated yourself here with the low base comment - as I mentioned, the fact that Davies is even defended on here as being adequate shows just how low standards have dropped. If we do not replace him, how do we ever raise the base? And that's what all non-memers and non-plagued by sentiment evertonians are asking.

The handy thing about Davies (and not from an Everton-being-good point of view) is you only need to wait a week or less for him to reinforce the view as to how bad he is. If you've somehow forgotten this, watch largely any match for the last two years, or indeed a rerun of Wolves on the weekend.

But he rides a skateboard and is "one of us".

Yep.

There is a reason we look leaderless. We have some decent international players in this team but we decide to give the arm band to an uncapped 20 year old championship player.

There is a reason we look leaderless. We have some decent international players in this team but we decide to give the arm band to an uncapped 20 year old championship player.
International caps do not depict leadership ability. Who would you suggest we give it too?

What has Davies done to indicate leadership ability?
He's been one of our better performers over the past handful of games? I wasn't saying he deserved it. I was asking you, who does...who you would suggest... Think you need to change your jam rag. Far too sensitive.

He's been one of our better performers over the past handful of games? I wasn't saying he deserved it. I was asking you, who does...who you would suggest... Think you need to change your jam rag. Far too sensitive.

I’m sensitive because I want someone else as captain.. ok mate...
Past handful of games?? Against who exactly.. he had a decent 45 against city and that’s been it.
He’s done nothing for the last 18 months expect go backwards.

Sig, Coleman, Keane, you know established premier league players. And before you moan, yes them 3 havnt exactly set the world on fire this season but they have done more than Davies has.
Anyway I think the captains armband is the least of our worries.

Past handful of games?? Against who exactly.. he had a decent 45 against city and that’s been it.

Sig, Coleman, Keane, you know established premier league players. And before you moan, yes them 3 havnt exactly set the world on fire this season but they have done more than Davies has.

The three players mentioned above are possibly the three worst players we have in our side pal.

Coleman has been ousted by JJK, who lets be honest, isn't a premier league calibur player.
Keane is an abomination. Jagielka should be playing instead of him.
Sig is AWOL, slows every attack and is a genuine bad melt.

I wasn't advocating that Davies should be captain.

Real leaders don't need the armband, they still lead, we don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.