2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he struggles at doing the things required of a top pro, like passing, scoring, dribbling, reading the game, tackling, awareness?? You’ve basically may as well pick Dan from the park who’ll do all the same and have no influence.

Building for the future with Tom Davies point and centre is like building you’re £5m mansion on sand. It’ll all end in a pile of tears and rubble
That is a very firm definitive view. I am not so certain.

A much better performance the other night.

But can he crack on?

Consistency and identifiable progress, seem to allude 'promising' young Blues.

I honestly hope he can do it, but all down to himself.

What if he struggles at doing the things required of a top pro, like passing, scoring, dribbling, reading the game, tackling, awareness?? You’ve basically may as well pick Dan from the park who’ll do all the same and have no influence.

Building for the future with Tom Davies point and centre is like building you’re £5m mansion on sand. It’ll all end in a pile of tears and rubble

We beg to differ then...

As I see Tom Davies developing into a top midfield player in 3/4 years time...

Let's hope it's with Everton...

Theres working hard by running around and wanting to win a ball then there’s running around and actually intercepting passes and winning back possession.

So yes bud, while I agree it is a fundamental of most teams there must be an outcome. I’m sure everyone of us would run our socks off for Everton, but we’d be utter aids at doing so

Your post was making it seem like you were saying asking to have players that work hard should be beneath us fam.

It's surprising really, as I'd love both of them in our team. I just think there's a lot of grass is always greener thinking re young players. It doesn't mean ours are brilliant, but you need to compare on a like for like basis.
Are either of them that much better than our own Jonjoe Kenny and Ademola Lookman (I know Kenny and Chilwell play opposite flanks) and they are both a bit older than our lads too.

Name me one midfielder 20 years old or younger playing in this country now who is good enough to start week in week out for us. I can't think of anybody. That's because players that age who are good enough to play such an important role in a top league are few and far between. They are usually at least 3/4 years older before they start having a proper impact.

But he is a good player to have in the squad, and hopefully he will develop into the player we all hope he can be. If not, then his place in the squad will be taken by another young up and coming player, but it's another couple of seasons at least before we need to be making that decision.

He's just played 90 minutes in a midfield 3 alongside 2 experienced established Internationals, against the best team in the league by a country mile. He didn't look out of place in that company and was arguably the pick of the midfielders on show on the day, certainly in a blue shirt anyway.

A much better performance the other night.

But can he crack on?

Consistency and identifiable progress, seem to allude 'promising' young Blues.

I honestly hope he can do it, but all down to himself.
If the manager plays him in his best position and keeps him there then we'll find out.

Name me one midfielder 20 years old or younger playing in this country now who is good enough to start week in week out for us. I can't think of anybody. That's because players that age who are good enough to play such an important role in a top league are few and far between. They are usually at least 3/4 years older before they start having a proper impact.

But he is a good player to have in the squad, and hopefully he will develop into the player we all hope he can be. If not, then his place in the squad will be taken by another young up and coming player, but it's another couple of seasons at least before we need to be making that decision.

He's just played 90 minutes in a midfield 3 alongside 2 experienced established Internationals, against the best team in the league by a country mile. He didn't look out of place in that company and was arguably the pick of the midfielders on show on the day, certainly in a blue shirt anyway.

Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Patrick Viera were all playing regularly at the age of 20 and having an impact on their.

Because they were good and could actually influence a game and make a mark. You don’t put someone in because there’s no other option

He optimisers what we stand; bang average

Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Patrick Viera were all playing regularly at the age of 20 and having an impact on their.

Because they were good and could actually influence a game and make a mark. You don’t put someone in because there’s no other option

You just picked 4 of the premier leagues greatest ever players to pit him against. Out of interest did you watch much french youth football or ac Milan reserves

Why are you comparing him to the likes of Viera?

There's a heck of a difference between someone performing at a level good enough to improve us, and Patrick Viera. A legitimately world class player who could have played in any team.

Some perspective please Chris. I'm afraid we have to pick players in our squad. We can't just sign world class players. That means progression over time.

You just picked 4 of the premier leagues greatest ever players to pit him against. Out of interest did you watch much french youth football or ac Milan reserves
Why are you comparing him to the likes of Viera?

There's a heck of a difference between someone performing at a level good enough to improve us, and Patrick Viera. A legitimately world class player who could have played in any team.

Some perspective please Chris.

The perspective boys is that he’s not good enough and at 20 these players were fundamental in their sides. At 20 they were not world class players, they still made mistakes and had lots to learn. But they had the technique to actually influence a game.

Tom does not. That’s just the cold hard facts

Status
Not open for further replies.