2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
`has made it at prem level'.

Dillusional nonsense. If he had started at any lower league club he would never have a played at prem level.

He will not make it at this level but may have a decent career in the championship.

MOM/brilliant last night. Could someone go through Citys last goal with me and explain how he is 80/20 to win a ball with de brune. But he gets completely outmuscled, turned and they go on and score?
"Has made it at prem level"..... well its not too difficult to explain, another manager sees fit to make him captain and 50% here make him motm.
80/20 ball... oh dear, add it all up and its you who are deluded.

He was poor as we put him back into a two with Sigurdson as a traditional N10 again.

Thought he was great last night and actually played more forward balls then anyone else all season

He does this EVERY time he plays which is why he should be a starter. So frustrating that because he gives the ball away a lot (because he is trying to attack) people say he is crap when he is one of the few players that tries things but is also quick, strong and clever with the ball.

Loved seeing him have a go at the ref a few times yesterday. More of that.

Tom needs a consistent run of games as does Kenny and maybe even DCL so we can once and for all see if they are good enough.

No manager has done this with those three, yet.

Held his own against the best midfield in the prem. not sure what more people want to be honest. If you honestly think Davies should be dictating against the likes of Fernandinho and the two Silva’s then you’re deluded.
I don't think anybody is of that opinion mate.

I've previously admitted that I question whether Tom Davies is what we require in the long term, but anyone criticising him for yesterday needs to lay off the booze.

You've got to give credit where credit is due, rather than following this simplistic, rigid view over players.
You're barking up the wrong tree mate. This is the internet.

You form your opinion quickly and stick to it throughout a players career.

Hiding when they are in a vein of form that proves your point and gloating loudly when it is the opposite.

There is no such thing as flexibility in the realm of opinions on Everton players.

I've previously admitted that I question whether Tom Davies is what we require in the long term, but anyone criticising him for yesterday needs to lay off the booze.

You've got to give credit where credit is due, rather than following this simplistic, rigid view over players.
Me too, but if he can keep up last nights showing and keep practising on his passing skill then he will deserve his place, i was really surprised by him looked a different player.

Me too, but if he can keep up last nights showing and keep practising on his passing skill then he will deserve his place, i was really surprised by him looked a different player.
I'd be incredibly disappointed if he were dropped for Watford as he has more than warranted a place in the starting XI after yesterday's performance.

He only began to fade late on because firstly he'd run his arse off all game and secondly Gylfi's introduction forced dampened how much he could play.

For all my concerns regarding the lads, which I admit there's been a few, I fully hope that he does continue to develop and thrive in the royal-blue shirt.

People who want one our players to fail, for whatever twisted reasons they have, need to take a good, hard look at themselves.

Tom plays very well as a midfield pivot; especially when playing against teams committed to attacking football as it exposes space in behind for those long counter passes, and drives up the field that he is fond of.

We have excellent technical ability in midfield; however, we are in desperate need of additional mobility.

He was poor as we put him back into a two with Sigurdson as a traditional N10 again.

Thought he was great last night and actually played more forward balls then anyone else all season

I think the formation does him and very few other much good. It's also not what Silva played at Watford so I am surprised he's persevered with it for so long.

If the formation shifts though Davies really needs to deliver on a consistent basis.

Held his own against the best midfield in the prem. not sure what more people want to be honest. If you honestly think Davies should be dictating against the likes of Fernandinho and the two Silva’s then you’re deluded.

I think the issue with Tom is not how he played last night but that he needs to put a consistent run together now.

I think the formation does him and very few other much good. It's also not what Silva played at Watford so I am surprised he's persevered with it for so long.

If the formation shifts though Davies really needs to deliver on a consistent basis.
I think the issue with Tom is not how he played last night but that he needs to put a consistent run together now.

Agree with you but how many 20 year olds are consistently performing in first teams in the Premier League? Especially in midfield. Look at Winks, took three years for him to establish himself properly and hes 23 now.

He does this EVERY time he plays which is why he should be a starter. So frustrating that because he gives the ball away a lot (because he is trying to attack) people say he is crap when he is one of the few players that tries things but is also quick, strong and clever with the ball.

Loved seeing him have a go at the ref a few times yesterday. More of that.

Tom needs a consistent run of games as does Kenny and maybe even DCL so we can once and for all see if they are good enough.

No manager has done this with those three, yet.

I agree mate in the case of all 3 of those lads,It was the same in the early days of Gravesen's career here, the guy was getting pelters for giving the ball away when trying to thread balls through to the forwards, once those round about him were up to speed he was our best midfielder.

Davies is learning all of the time, he's only 20 and he will learn from his mistakes, it doesn't help that the crowd is on his back from his first mistake, a little patience for both him and the manager will go a long way.

No Barkley would not. Firstly, Barkley very rarely played a genuine midfield role for a start.

You're having a total mare here. Your agenda is very poor. If you rate Stones so highly (as I do too), then why are you slating a 20 year old up against him for being dominated? Not that I agree that's what happenned because I have functioning eyes. But there would be no logic to your argument even if you were right.

Maybe if you accepted Stones and Lukaku etc are gone, we are now a poor side, and you recognised we are going to have to rebuild from a low base, then you would have some objectivity in your opinions.

Highlighted bit totally wrong but that can be explained away by your (incorrect) interpretation of the Martinez / Koeman formation.

You've defeated yourself here with the low base comment - as I mentioned, the fact that Davies is even defended on here as being adequate shows just how low standards have dropped. If we do not replace him, how do we ever raise the base? And that's what all non-memers and non-plagued by sentiment evertonians are asking.

The handy thing about Davies (and not from an Everton-being-good point of view) is you only need to wait a week or less for him to reinforce the view as to how bad he is. If you've somehow forgotten this, watch largely any match for the last two years, or indeed a rerun of Wolves on the weekend.

But he rides a skateboard and is "one of us".

Status
Not open for further replies.