2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently stated on here that Tom Davies would never make it at PL level. At the game tonight I think I was proven wrong!

He has already made it at Premier League Level, so has DCL and any of the other lads we slate who play for us with any regularity.

Doesn't mean they are good PL players or anything, they are pretty standard run of the mill players who will get a job at a bunch of top flight clubs in their careers if they don't last here.

Played really well last night. Along with DCL and Kenny. Who knows, if some people actually get behind these kids they might get a bit of confidence and push on some more. Best i've seen Davies play for a good while and fair play to him. 20y/o local kid who get dogs abuse by some on here rolling up his sleeves and showing a lot of character in a team bereft of it.

Always said he plays better in a 3 like in koemans season, imo his biggest weakness is his positional sense and defensive workrate so when he plays in a two it's like he's not even there and we get sliced open.

Still nothing special like

I do agree, a 2 doesn't suit him. I think though, that in the correct position and in a team with a bit more confidence, he still has time on his sideto make a career here. He'll hopefully be a good solid player, probably won't be special but he can make it in this Division in my opinion.

Played really well last night. Along with DCL and Kenny. Who knows, if some people actually get behind these kids they might get a bit of confidence and push on some more. Best i've seen Davies play for a good while and fair play to him. 20y/o local kid who get dogs abuse by some on here rolling up his sleeves and showing a lot of character in a team bereft of it.

Get behind them!!! Wise up mate, the cry arses on here would much rather stick the boot in at every opportunity. If you're not as good as Messi by 21 you're dirt to them.

Loved his bit of footwork to get away from a couple of players before fernandinho clattered him - he should have been off with a couple of them tackles last night. Even the commentator on NBC was asking why the ref hasn’t booked him yet

`has made it at prem level'.

Dillusional nonsense. If he had started at any lower league club he would never have a played at prem level.

He will not make it at this level but may have a decent career in the championship.

MOM/brilliant last night. Could someone go through Citys last goal with me and explain how he is 80/20 to win a ball with de brune. But he gets completely outmuscled, turned and they go on and score?

`has made it at prem level'.

Dillusional nonsense. If he had started at any lower league club he would never have a played at prem level.

He will not make it at this level but may have a decent career in the championship.

MOM/brilliant last night. Could someone go through Citys last goal with me and explain how he is 80/20 to win a ball with de brune. But he gets completely outmuscled, turned and they go on and score?

He already plays in prem, for many games. This means he has made it in the prem.

Thats a fact, if you agree or not is not the issue. Its a fact he is playing in the prem for a mid level team.

Get behind them!!! Wise up mate, the cry arses on here would much rather stick the boot in at every opportunity. If you're not as good as Messi by 21 you're dirt to them.

I don't think they're reading GOT mate. Davies, Kenny and DCL all got the crowd off their feet at some point last night and were applauded for positive play.

If they show some fight and quality like they can we do get behind them. Who gives a stuff what some internet trolls on a fan forum say.

The thing for Davies now is consistency. Both within games and also game to game.

I have been one of the more supportive voices for him but I do understand why people are critical. He was poor against Wolves, good against Huddersfield and the game before against Lincoln was underwhelming.

He is getting to an age now as well as a level of PL games that he really needs to be playing consistently well most games. Of course this is a criticism of most of the team, but the same would be true of them.

In the 13 remaining games if he performs to the standard last night in at least 10 of them he will be beginning to make a point that he deserves to be in the side. However against Watford on Saturday if he goes missing the it rather defeats the object a little.

An excellent performance and it binned my earlier doubts about his ability to cope in the PL. This proves he has got what it takes and he fully deserved MOM by some margin. Delighted for him and lets hope he can play like this on a regular basis. He was good against Wolves but this was even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.