Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he is it's wierd that at 19 hes not been playing yet.
I think most likely he's not at the level to play and will end up in lower leagues
In recent years the pathway for youngsters to the first team has been practically non existent that's why, also Cannon has always had tons of ability but wasn't much of a team player then the last 12 months or so he has improved loads in this area and has really stepped up a lot.

In recent years the pathway for youngsters to the first team has been practically non existent that's why, also Cannon has always had tons of ability but wasn't much of a team player then the last 12 months or so he has improved loads in this area and has really stepped up a lot.
Our pathway has never been great, but if a player is good enough they end up breaking through.

We never typically have multiple players from our youth going on to make an impact In the first team or even become premier league players.

Majority end up in lower leagues

If he is it's wierd that at 19 hes not been playing yet.
I think most likely he's not at the level to play and will end up in lower leagues
Players develop at different rates. I think nearly all will agree Zidane was a better player than Rooney or Owen. Zidane did not become a big name on the world stage until his mid twenties.

That being said the chances of this chap being half as good as one of the greatest natural talents the English game has produced is extremely remote

Players develop at different rates. I think nearly all will agree Zidane was a better player than Rooney or Owen. Zidane did not become a big name on the world stage until his mid twenties.

That being said the chances of this chap being half as good as one of the greatest natural talents the English game has produced is extremely remote
I agree players develop at different rates, but to be 19 and have not really played any senior football doesn't suggests hes unlikely to be a premier league player.

Looking at Zidane while he didn't become the world class talent we remember at 19, he was playing first team senior football on a regular basis

Gone on reports of folk who have.
And not one of those who’ve watched him play have ever suggested or even mentioned Rooney in the same sentence, a bit ridiculous really for anyone to suggest he could ever reach Rooney’s standards. Cannon is probably our most improved u21 player this season , he looks physically bigger and better in all areas. Lampard is unlikely to start him but I hope he gets a chance sometime. He’s really a work in progress, 20 next month , but I don’t believe he’s PL standard yet, there’s a huge gap between u21league and PL .

Mind you , I’m often wrong in second guessing our managers and playing youngsters, maybe they see more of them than me, so he’ll likely start soon now I’ve said that.

Our pathway has never been great, but if a player is good enough they end up breaking through.

We never typically have multiple players from our youth going on to make an impact In the first team or even become premier league players.

Majority end up in lower leagues
We have Davies and Gordon in the squad right now along with a bunch of younger players we have brought in.

We do bring players through, we just end up thinking they are crap.

And not one of those who’ve watched him play have ever suggested or even mentioned Rooney in the same sentence, a bit ridiculous really for anyone to suggest he could ever reach Rooney’s standards. Cannon is probably our most improved u21 player this season , he looks physically bigger and better in all areas. Lampard is unlikely to start him but I hope he gets a chance sometime. He’s really a work in progress, 20 next month , but I don’t believe he’s PL standard yet, there’s a huge gap between u21league and PL .

Mind you , I’m often wrong in second guessing our managers and playing youngsters, maybe they see more of them than me, so he’ll likely start soon now I’ve said that.

What are the alternatives, Maupay, Rondon, they have a great of difficulty when it comes to scoring.

We have Davies and Gordon in the squad right now along with a bunch of younger players we have brought in.

We do bring players through, we just end up thinking they are crap.
That's Davies & Gordon in the last 5-6 years ?
It's still only a handful even if you wanna include Barkley, Rodwell & Rooney and this then spans over a near 20 year period.

Both Davies & Gordon we would move.on if we got a fee for them

How many of our youth players don't make it and end up in lower leagues, likely 90%+

It's not just us, a lot of teams academy's don't produce talent that fills Thier first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.