Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, but Rooney was truly exceptional.

That notwithstanding, we have literally nothing to lose in giving him a go. We are currently toothless - and it is not lack of opportunities either.
It's a poor example because Rooney had the potential to be the best footballer in the world.

Tom cannon probably hasn't

I dunno about the match going crowds but on here he would be slated and written off within a couple of months if he had a few bad matches, or by some of the same fans would be lauded as a wunderkind if he scored a few goals and played ok. (Only to slate him even more harshly if he had the temerity to stop scoring for a few months)

Some people really need football to be able to shout loudly and confidently their opinions to make themselves feel like they are knowledgeable about at least one thing in their lives.

I wonder how often a youth player is thrown in the deep end when not thought ready and surprises their coaches. People get excited about the idea of dropping misfiring but more experienced players and throwing a youngster in but history does seem to suggest it's a pure hit and hope option with very small odds of succeeding, and a manager at this level should be better than that.

I mean I love it every time seeing a youngster come on or even start but looking at it clinically you would want the manager doing it only when they are actually sure they are ready.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Start him, at the very least the lad will work his socks off.
We know what we get or rather dont get out of Rondon, and its not good enough at this level.
Other clubs for years have took a gamble and started young players who were performing at lower age levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.