Thomas Gravesen aka Mad Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good player, always wanted the ball and never shied away from it or a tackle. Could've done with him in our team last season.

Yeah he came back on loan, not like I’m making it up lol

completely forgot about that.

i'm sure we've got a long list of players who came back for really forgettable seconds: my morning brain can't think of too many, tho'...Jeffers? Dunc & Pienaar I suppose are exceptions, they did fine second time round.

completely forgot about that.

i'm sure we've got a long list of players who came back for really forgettable seconds: my morning brain can't think of too many, tho'...Jeffers? Dunc & Pienaar I suppose are exceptions, they did fine second time round.

Unsworth, Stubbs, Fernandes (two loans)... think Jeffers was pretty terrible when he came back wasn't he?

I liked Gravesen - very well-rounded player. Probably the best player we had when we finished 4th in 2005, and he left half way through the season.

Very talented player but a huge phony, maybe the worst I've seen in a blue shirt, actually. Not interested one bit in a proper 50:50, but happy to go through the back of someone when he'd overrun it, just to get a cheer from the Street End. It was funny I guess but centre mid at Goodison Park should be more than that.
He was good, though - played with a lot of confidence once he's got settled in the league and was clearly the best midfielder before Mikel got going. Don't remember him doing a single thing when he came back second time.

He was pretty much there as cover for the second loan period. Came on for penalties against Fiorentina and scored it.

My favourite Gravesen story comes from the end of the 2003 season, either Smith was still in or Moyes had just got his feet under the desk. (Really wanna say Smith) Gravesen had been cack. Walking into the game some lad is with his mate who reads him the starting 11. On the mention of Gravesen the lad stops dead in his tracks and stares at the sky. ‘Gravesen?!’ was almost spit in a beastial growl and then delivered in a way normally reserved for finding your wife in bed with every person you thought was your friend.. ‘Gravesen?! Is he f’ing shaggin Smith or what?!’ The extreme melt down this bloke had was probably one of the most impassioned moments I’ve ever seen at the ground. Simply by being named in a starting 11.

He was pretty much there as cover for the second loan period. Came on for penalties against Fiorentina and scored it.

My favourite Gravesen story comes from the end of the 2003 season, either Smith was still in or Moyes had just got his feet under the desk. (Really wanna say Smith) Gravesen had been cack. Walking into the game some lad is with his mate who reads him the starting 11. On the mention of Gravesen the lad stops dead in his tracks and stares at the sky. ‘Gravesen?!’ was almost spit in a beastial growl and then delivered in a way normally reserved for finding your wife in bed with every person you thought was your friend.. ‘Gravesen?! Is he f’ing shaggin Smith or what?!’ The extreme melt down this bloke had was probably one of the most impassioned moments I’ve ever seen at the ground. Simply by being named in a starting 11.
Walter the cause of a few meltdowns like. Do you remember the game where we got beaten 3-0 by Charlton at home? Team was an absolute state - it was Christmas 2001. Was at the match with a friend who has the mildest, agreeable disposition you could meet and second half he just snapped and jumped to his feet screaming at Walter - make a sub or just do something, anything to try and address this absolute holy show in front of us all. Never seen anything like it before or since from my friend but the WS era was a trying time for us all [even Smith himself tbf].

Walter the cause of a few meltdowns like. Do you remember the game where we got beaten 3-0 by Charlton at home? Team was an absolute state - it was Christmas 2001. Was at the match with a friend who has the mildest, agreeable disposition you could meet and second half he just snapped and jumped to his feet screaming at Walter - make a sub or just do something, anything to try and address this absolute holy show in front of us all. Never seen anything like it before or since from my friend but the WS era was a trying time for us all [even Smith himself tbf].

The line-up against the RS at home in 2000/01, where like 7 or 8 defenders were in the starting line-up of a 5-4-1 formation; Gough, Weir, stubbs, Unsworth, Watson, Xavier, Naysmith and probs Peter Clarke for our sins. The guy loved a defender, but god could we not defend or create for that matter. Imagine how many goals Super Kev could've scored with the right service

I’m absolutely positive I was at that game but remember nothing of it because all of that period was just a dour disappointment. Also realised it would of been 2002 not 3. As bad as the Fat Sam days were, the Smith days made it look like Tika Taka.

Good player on his day but yet another case of a limited clogger 'hard man' being way overrated by the fans yet skillful players such as Lukaku and Arteta get hounded out.

Lukaku shouldn't be in the same paragraph, let alone sentance, as Arteta when skill is being discussed.

My dad brought me to my 1st Everton game against Spurs in Jan 2001..was 16 at the time and was beyond excited..my 2 gods at the time were Super Kev and Tommy Gravesen...at the Park End i scrammbled for autographs on my programme..got Super Kevs with a few more till that weirdo Stephen Hughes went through me for a short cut and my oul lad went after him calling him everything under the sun..really upset me his attitude till Tommy came along signed my programme and asked someone to take photos of him my dad and me. I told him I was over from Ireland at my 1st game..he gave me a hug and said I hope the luck of the Irish rubs off us today and had a couple more laughs with him..he made our day..he was a genuine gentleman who was the only player that day who went out of his way..never heard of Stephen Hughes after that good riddance. That meeting with Tommy is still my Everton highlight after 12 games..mind you it was my last game I was at that I eventually saw Everton win one!!! Must root out those photos for old time sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.