Thomas Gravesen aka Mad Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should supporters beat any player with a stick? You've been to enough matches to know that a tackle,a pass that sets up the assist,can be game changers.What I hate is a player who can't be bothered,and we've had our fair share of those over the years,but it's something you could never accuse Gravesen of....or maybe you will?

He always gave his all, cant deny that at all. Just lacked quality imo. His tacking was poor and shooting from all over the pitch anoyed the hell out of me.

Reminds me a bit of Besic in that fake chest pumping hard man foreigner type.

Was only good for 6 moths, so over-rated.

Terrible for 4 years, with equally crap come-over hair.

Shooting form the corner flag, and wacking the ball at the opposition player as "tackling".

11 goals and 4 assist in 149 games!!!!
"Gravesen worthy of class of 1970

By Martin Smith
5:57PM GMT 14 Jan 2001

THESE are lean times for Everton. So lean, in fact, that they paraded, pre-match, some of the team who won the League title 31 years ago to show the younger element among their support that it was not always thus.
So men in their fifties and early sixties, with receding hairlines, thickening waistbands and names like West, Labone, Kendall, Kenyon, Brown, Whittle and Husband, were greeted with great warmth, and not a little disbelief.
The trouble with nostalgia, though, is that the present keeps intruding. Only once in the eight seasons of the Premiership have Everton finished in the top half; this season looks no different.
That team of 1969-70 beat Spurs twice in three days over Easter; they could probably have kept on their overcoats and beaten both teams, one after the other, on Saturday. Indeed they would have given a good game to a composite of absentees from the present line-ups.
The one player who stamped himself on Saturday's game looked as if he had come straight out of the midfield containing Ball, Kendall and Harvey. Some of the team of yesteryear had more hair than Thomas Gravesen, though it was not just a balding head that made him stand out. According to the OPTA statistics, Gravesen is the Everton player with the most shots, most tackles, most crosses, most fouls and most red and yellow cards.
Gravesen, born in Vejle, Denmark, seven years after Labone held aloft the Championship trophy in 1970, was as busy as the stats suggested, rising above the general anonymity. He actually wanted the ball, fought hard to win it, distributed it to people he thought would use it intelligently, and wasn't backward in going forward to shoot."

Well someone has the wrong stats,I'm not interested in them enough to check though.

"
  1. HOME»
  2. SPORT»
  3. FOOTBALL»
  4. TEAMS»
  5. EVERTON

Gravesen worthy of class of 1970

By Martin Smith
5:57PM GMT 14 Jan 2001

THESE are lean times for Everton. So lean, in fact, that they paraded, pre-match, some of the team who won the League title 31 years ago to show the younger element among their support that it was not always thus.
So men in their fifties and early sixties, with receding hairlines, thickening waistbands and names like West, Labone, Kendall, Kenyon, Brown, Whittle and Husband, were greeted with great warmth, and not a little disbelief.
The trouble with nostalgia, though, is that the present keeps intruding. Only once in the eight seasons of the Premiership have Everton finished in the top half; this season looks no different.
That team of 1969-70 beat Spurs twice in three days over Easter; they could probably have kept on their overcoats and beaten both teams, one after the other, on Saturday. Indeed they would have given a good game to a composite of absentees from the present line-ups.
The one player who stamped himself on Saturday's game looked as if he had come straight out of the midfield containing Ball, Kendall and Harvey. Some of the team of yesteryear had more hair than Thomas Gravesen, though it was not just a balding head that made him stand out. According to the OPTA statistics, Gravesen is the Everton player with the most shots, most tackles, most crosses, most fouls and most red and yellow cards.
Gravesen, born in Vejle, Denmark, seven years after Labone held aloft the Championship trophy in 1970, was as busy as the stats suggested, rising above the general anonymity. He actually wanted the ball, fought hard to win it, distributed it to people he thought would use it intelligently, and wasn't backward in going forward to shoot."

Well someone has the wrong stats,I'm not interested in them enough to check though.

He used to shoot from all over the pitch.

And only scored 11 goals, and created 4.

He ran around alot.

Carsley was miles better as a central midfielder.

Was only good for 6 moths, so over-rated.

Terrible for 4 years, with equally crap come-over hair.

Shooting form the corner flag, and wacking the ball at the opposition player as "tackling".

11 goals and 4 assist in 149 games!!!!
Comb over,are we talking about the same player?

Seasons can pivot on one game,after getting stuffed 1-4 by Arsenal,we went 1-0 down to Palace then...

Not much of a player was he.

The thing with him, was that you knew in the first five minutes what sort of game he was going to have.

If he gave the ball away a couple of times > crap all game.

If all his passes came off > great all game.

Mark 1 Grav, was one of my favourite all time Everton players.

When he signed he had bald man pensioner hair / egg in a nest head. He had about 2 good games I reckon; against Arsenal for the Rooney goal and when he scored that pen against Birmingham in 04/05. Bit of a liability and couldn't take a corner. To this day I still think Madrid meant to sign Carsley instead, must have got confused with the bald heads and both having a 6 on their back..."was he #16 or 26? Eenie meenie minie mo"

When he signed he had bald man pensioner hair / egg in a nest head. He had about 2 good games I reckon; against Arsenal for the Rooney goal and when he scored that pen against Birmingham in 04/05. Bit of a liability and couldn't take a corner. To this day I still think Madrid meant to sign Carsley instead, must have got confused with the bald heads and both having a 6 on their back..."was he #16 or 26? Eenie meenie minie mo"
So I must have dreamt the one he put on Lescotts head last minute at Bolton.

Legend has it AC Milan’s signing of Luther Blissett was a case of mistaken identity.

John Barnes was the intended target but their scouts mixed them up.

That would certainly explain one of the unlikeliest transfers ever.....Luther Blissett to AC Milan :Blink:

As for the confusion we had when Carsley and Mad Tommy were on the pitch, just be grateful Andy Johnson wasn’t playing in the same team :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.