Thomas Gravesen aka Mad Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

barneygumble

Player Valuation: £40m
I'm sure there was a game at The SOL when Moyes took him off after 20 odd mins was either that or he was getting sent off
It was Walter Smith, he went through someone after like 2 minutes, went after him again 2 minutes later and got a yellow. Then he went after someone else and amazingly never got sent off. We took him off shortly after.

The game was notorious for being allowed to play. The snow was so thick you could barely see the Yellow Ball, you definitely couldn’t see the other end of the pitch without squinting.

Was unbelievably dangerous around the ground. No idea how the game was allowed to take place.

dano26

Player Valuation: £150k
Liked Gravesen, determined, gave his all and really did have ability. Definitely someone I remember and will stick in my mind.

Only two real 'mad dogs' I've ever seen in my 40 years though.......Ferguson and Van Der Howe!!!!!!!!!!

mikeh72

Player Valuation: £70m
Barry was a more reliable and complete midfielder than Graveson, but McCarthy doesn`t get anywhere Carsley ( imo )
But what you have to remember is, in the 5 years leading up to McCarthy we suffered Heitinga, Neville, Rodwell and Segundo Castillo in an attempt to fill that anchor man position with no success. To have that solidity in there after so long felt like heaven, even though it was fleeting.

The Legend of Southall

Player Valuation: £1m
3-2 that game finished where Schmeichel scored at the end. I think Tommy did score a boss goal though that game. I'll find the link Ron
I was absolutely fuming about that. We had absolutely battered Villa that game, to the point that 5-1 should of been the scoreline. Then he popped up with virtually the last kick of the game, 3-2 and suddenly it looks like a close game. Certainly didn't help that thanks to clever MOTD editing, it certainly looked an even contest. And the pundits where only interested in giving Schmichael plaudits, instead of recognising how well we had played. I mean this was a good Villa side at that time.

I don't think I'm completely over any that yet, to be honest... :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks