Thomas Gravesen aka Mad Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, before he come to us he had long ish hair slicked back.

And at times it was growing back for us......he looked really old and not like a footballer.
Apologies just found his signing on photo and he did have a bit then,but happily didn't go the Ralph Coates route.

He is defo one of them players mate.

From what I remember, the lids loved him. Older chaps seemed to be more frustrated with him, and see through lots of the bs.
I've always been a sucker for someone who looks like he's up for it.From what you read about his behind the scenes behavior,it's a fair bet he scared a few decent performances out of some of the other players.

He really was a 22 carat nutcase, he used to give Bent loads in training, telling him how crap he was, one day Bent had enough, lost it completely, wanted to fight Tommy, Tommy said "why are you upset, Tommy 's mad everyone knows I'm mad, behave. Marcus just looked at him still fuming but let it go.

Another time when Radzinski came back playing for Fulham, in the tunnel waiting to go on the pitch, Tommy is in his face
booing him going " boo, boooo boo, that's all your going to get when you run out here" he wasn't far wrong either.

But Tommy was never a hard man, Carsley was a real hard man, on and off the field, playing football if you put the two of them together you'd be lucky to get a decent player out of the two of them, that's just my opinion

He really was a 22 carat nutcase, he used to give Bent loads in training, telling him how crap he was, one day Bent had enough, lost it completely, wanted to fight Tommy, Tommy said "why are you upset, Tommy 's mad everyone knows I'm mad, behave. Marcus just looked at him still fuming but let it go.

Another time when Radzinski came back playing for Fulham, in the tunnel waiting to go on the pitch, Tommy is in his face
booing him going " boo, boooo boo, that's all your going to get when you run out here" he wasn't far wrong either.

But Tommy was never a hard man, Carsley was a real hard man, on and off the field, playing football if you put the two of them together you'd be lucky to get a decent player out of the two of them, that's just my opinion
Don't think he ever purported to be a hard man,just something that the press latched onto after Tyson was photographed wearing a Denmark shirt with his number on it.He was just a larger than life character,who you could never accuse of being boring.The game has so few these days,players are all seemingly looking to create a brand.

Totally, is he not like the world champion for Call of Duty or one of those shoot em up games or something?

He is defo one of them players mate.

From what I remember, the lids loved him. Older chaps seemed to be more frustrated with him, and see through lots of the bs.

Apart from the odd game (I remember one against villa), I always thought he was massively overrated.

The Gwladys street lapped up his fist shaking, but from the TB it was clear he lacked football intelligence. Running round like a headless chicken.

As for the confusion we had when Carsley and Mad Tommy were on the pitch, just be grateful Andy Johnson wasn’t playing in the same team

Or Tim Howard (pre beard)
NB I'm sure there was an 'Everton slap-heads eleven' (or something similar) thread on here years ago. Just searched and can't find it. Anybody remember it?

Apart from the odd game (I remember one against villa), I always thought he was massively overrated.

The Gwladys street lapped up his fist shaking, but from the TB it was clear he lacked football intelligence. Running round like a headless chicken.

I quite liked him, but yeah I never thought he was anything special but he played for real so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.