This season as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season of 'What Ifs' for me, yet again.

- What IF Mirallas stayed fit all season.
- What IF Moyes got backed in January.
- What IF Jelavic found similar form to last season.
- What IF Officials werent completely useless.
- What IF we had our fair share of luck to that of our rivals.

Be honest mate the officials in this league are consistently bad for every team and as for luck.....well you make your own..blaming bad luck and decisions is just deflecting blame i think...as for your other points..spot on.

If we get 5th the season as a whole will have been a good one. If not it will have been a disappointment.

No trophy yet again is the major failing. The league form has been very good, we've thrown away so many stupid points though. Both games against Norwich being a prime example.

Overall a season of disappointment.
The manager has put together the best squad we have had since the championship winning days,but doesn't have the confidence in it to get the maximum amount of points possible.
By now I think we should be chasing third position rather than fourth.
The number of silly points dropped this season has been disheartening.Ironically we have performed well against the perceived stronger teams.

The only big disappointment is the cup performances. As it stands, looking at the squads above us, we have no right to expect to finish above them as they are considerably larger and contain more quality. Sure, we could have won more games, but we've also picked up unlikely points and have barely put out a first team all season. If we do catch one of the sides above us, we've done brilliantly. 6th is a very decent finish and if europe was the reward I'm sure many would be more satisfied. 7th place would be an all-round disappointment, however.

I'm more optimistic about next season. Felli will go, but we have proved we can cope without him and as long as Moyes stays, the money will be spent wisely. We'll have a fit Mirallas for the first time and hopefully a little more strength in depth. We were a stronger bench away from challenging 4th right to the wire, imo.

Really????

Yep sloppy points dropped but also great points gained...
4 off spurs
3 off utd
4 off city

Yeah the cup game was bad no doubt but we'v been far from a let down this season on the whole.

Personally don't think yesterday can be used as an example of inability against a very good spurs side. Although yes there have been plenty of examples of that against inferior opposistion this season.

Points dropped in the last few minutes of games..
Norwich
Fulham
Newcastle
Spurs

And getting points against the teams you mention should not be beyond a team chasing Europe, especially at home. And yesterday's spurs was without 4 of their best players.

There is plenty to be positive about this season, but it is criminal the amount of points we have dropped from winning positions.

Yeah, I think this team is just about good enough for 3rd or 4th but we needed a perfect season and we haven't managed it. We need a 2005 where everyone performed at their best and everything turned up for us, and we were miles off that.

This team was good enough that I can count on one hand the games we deserved to lose but not good enough to convert the games we were better in into wins.

The games where we somehow managed to throw away a lead will, and have to a certain extent so far come back to haunt us.

As much as he's put together a strong first 11, I think your looking thru blue tinted glasses if you think we have the 3rd strongest squad in the PL.

Utd city Chelsea spurs and arsenal all have better squads than us. Liverpool's is now very simlar again.
Reality needed!

As much as he's put together a strong first 11, I think your looking thru blue tinted glasses if you think we have the 3rd strongest squad in the PL.

Utd city Chelsea spurs and arsenal all have better squads than us. Liverpool's is now very simlar again.
Reality needed!

Of course we don't. Our squad will finish about where it should, neither under or over achieving.

But our performances have been good enough, at times, that if we'd won every game we were on top of we'd be 2nd because all but one of the clubs with better squads have struggled to punch their weight this season. Of course no club wins every game they edge, but we've dropped enough silly points to think this could have been our year if only we'd been a little bit better or had a little better luck in injuries and decisions.

Hence, it's a missed opportunity. You'd imagine in the summer the other teams will improve and we won't.

And our fa cup draw was a gift.

Of course we don't. Our squad will finish about where it should, neither under or over achieving.

But our performances have been good enough, at times, that if we'd won every game we were on top of we'd be 2nd because all but one of the clubs with better squads have struggled to punch their weight this season. Of course no club wins every game they edge, but we've dropped enough silly points to think this could have been our year if only we'd been a little bit better or had a little better luck in injuries and decisions.

Hence, it's a missed opportunity. You'd imagine in the summer the other teams will improve and we won't.

And our fa cup draw was a gift.

We'll improve if we keep Moyes, we always do.
I don't see why its deemed acceptable for Spurs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United, and the RS to drop points against poor teams but not us.. It happens.
Yes your right, if we won every game we were in the ascendency we'd be better off.. but so would everyone else if they had the same wouldn't they? If deserving to win got you 3 points, we'd probably be about 6th.

We'll improve if we keep Moyes, we always do.
I don't see why its deemed acceptable for Spurs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, United, and the RS to drop points against poor teams but not us.. It happens.
Yes your right, if we won every game we were in the ascendency we'd be better off.. but so would everyone else if they had the same wouldn't they? If deserving to win got you 3 points, we'd probably be about 6th.

Sure, like I said we needed a perfect season and for everyone else to struggle. One of those things happened, the other didn't.

6th would be good when you look at what other teams around us have spent and done.

We desperately need to spend some money this summer though, or we'll have no chance of challenging for the top 4 properly.

Good summer this year, coupled with at least Europa league and we will build the club even further again, as long as Moyes as in charge, with or without a takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.