This season as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus Bramble

Best centre half to grace the Premier League
I've just been having a look at the points we've taken off other teams this season.

Villa - 4
Newcastle - 4
Swansea - 4
Southampton - 4
Wigan - 4
Man City - 4
Spurs - 4
Stoke - 4

Utd - 3
West Brom - 3
Reading - 3

Norwich - 1

Potential to take 4 points off:
QPR
The Shyte
Fulham
Arsenal

Potential to take 6 points off:
West Ham
Sunderland

At the start of the season, I know a few people on here, me included, were saying beating teams at home and drawing away would put us in a very strong position at the end of the season. We've done that against 8 teams, albeit not necessarily the 'right' way around, with the potential to do it against 4 more before the end of the season. This includes teams at both ends of the table.

Also, regardless of our other results, only Chelsea have the potential to take maximum points off us this season.

Looking at it as I have set out makes our season look relatively successful in terms of the league, but we need to turn more 4 points into 6 points. Games like Norwich both home and away, Fulham, and both Villa and Swansea at home need to be turned into wins next season. Not taking 6 points off any teams with the possibility of only doing it to 2 teams is not good enough for our ambitions for 4th.

this season will be viewed as "what might have been"

Too many sloppy points dropped and missing the very good chance of a cup final

Yesterday's result pretty much sums it up...inability to close out games, and that has cost us

Moyes has assembled an excellent team this season. Really very good.

But unfortunately he's incapable of winning a cup with it, even with the easiest of draws, so he might as well not have bothered.

this season will be viewed as "what might have been"

Too many sloppy points dropped and missing the very good chance of a cup final

Yesterday's result pretty much sums it up...inability to close out games, and that has cost us

Really????

Yep sloppy points dropped but also great points gained...
4 off spurs
3 off utd
4 off city

Yeah the cup game was bad no doubt but we'v been far from a let down this season on the whole.

Personally don't think yesterday can be used as an example of inability against a very good spurs side. Although yes there have been plenty of examples of that against inferior opposistion this season.

Season of 'What Ifs' for me, yet again.

- What IF Mirallas stayed fit all season.
- What IF Moyes got backed in January.
- What IF Jelavic found similar form to last season.
- What IF Officials werent completely useless.
- What IF we had our fair share of luck to that of our rivals.

Season of 'What Ifs' for me, yet again.

- What IF Mirallas stayed fit all season.
- What IF Moyes got backed in January.
- What IF Jelavic found similar form to last season.
- What IF Officials werent completely useless.
- What IF we had our fair share of luck to that of our rivals.

for me only the first is applicable to my feelings with a:
- What if we kept on playing the football we were from the beginning if the season instead of direct to fellaini?

If your being realistic Everton are probably where they should be.

Having said that the Wigan cup game was a shocking result and we SHOULD be in a semi-final/final given the draw.

Are we getting complacent?

The Wigan game hit a lot of us hard and rightly so, a day out a Wembley beckoned, with Blackburn V Millwall you knew there would be a championship side in the semi and Utd v Chelsea playing each other one of the so called big boys wouldn't be in the Semi. On top of all that we should not be losing to teams like Wigan at home in the way we did.

However. The league season has been good, we have been top 7 all season. Beat Utd, City and Spurs ( 3 of the current top 4) The 3-1 win at Villa was as good as I've seen us play in a long time, but as usual we have then struggled against the ****e teams, Norwich, Reading, QPR to name a few.

Yet, the vibe on the forum is downbeat. There are fans of the 85 league clubs below who would love be Everton right now ( including the shyte!) COYB

We're everton. Any season with no trophy and no Cl is a failiure.

Having said we've played some nice stuff and not lost any derbies yet. We get into the europa and get a result an anfield and it'll have been ok.

Still mostly a missed opportunity, though.

We're everton. Any season with no trophy and no Cl is a failiure.

Having said we've played some nice stuff and not lost any derbies yet. We get into the europa and get a result an anfield and it'll have been ok.

Still mostly a missed opportunity, though.

I echo this statement

Status
Not open for further replies.