Think we'll be ok yenno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2E5F2C3E-8240-40E2-945D-3E960AAA80F3.jpeg
Compare the team in Feb v today

No scorer is a big problem. For all the fanfare about the defensive improvement that's the first clean sheet. We are basically relying on Dunc lite to finally get fit and rediscover his form from couple of seasons ago.
I don't think we could have asked fixture wise a harder start to the season.
There's many games left to pick up wins , the first 10 are very difficult.

What will reveal some home truths about character and belief will be when we go a goal or two down. Thats gonna be the litmus test for leadership and bravery.
We've some knocks to take this season, we'll have some highs to.

I don't think we could have asked fixture wise a harder start to the season.
There's many games left to pick up wins , the first 10 are very difficult.

Chelsea have just lost at Leeds and Southampton so were vulnerable on opening day with all their issues so that was missed opportunity with lack of striker.

Same for Villa.

Forest just lost at home to Bournemouth from 2 up.

Those were winnable games imo with another attacker around.

Think next five are tougher personally. Arsenal, Southampton and Spurs away and West Ham and Man. United at home. 3 points from that lot next season so a win and a couple of draws would be a good effort.

Bournemouth had a much tougher start and sacked Parker and yet they're on 7 points already (I'd still be amazed if they finished higher than 18th). Fulham played all of Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal already and on 8 points.

Outside of the current top 3, we’re the only team undefeated in the last 4 games. Lampard is making us hard to beat, that’s the very thing that he needed to do, and he’s doing it. Get DCL back fit and scoring, Gana settled in and starting, and we’ll be sound.

If nothing else, we have players we look forward to watching, for various reasons.

The results havent come yet and not every player has left a mark, but its good watching this young side under this young manager grow.
Also i don't see many team sheets were we are wincing at the site of it.

Its amazing how positive as a fanbase we are right now considering we haven't won yet compared to last season when i think we had 12 points.

Good times ahead i can feel it.

I feel the same mate. We won’t win every game of course, there’ll be some crap results.

But we looked a completely different team.

We rode our luck, but so did they. For me it was the intent to get forward and attack and play first keeping them play moving.

It was end to end stuff, those fans got their moneys worth on the tickets today. Cracking game, enjoyed watching us for the first time in forever.
They ride their luck a hell of a lot. Difference is, they have the lions share of leagues luck reserves, always have done.

But i agree, we took that game to them and i was surprised at how well we played.

If we can play like that even 50% of the season, we will be more than fine.

What we just need to consider/realise is that the league is super competitive this year, the most competitive I ever remember it being. The three teams who came up were already stronger than the three that went down so absolutely nothing should be taken for granted. There'll be loads of unexpected results this year and we're slap bang in the middle of a rebuild.

What we just need to consider/realise is that the league is super competitive this year, the most competitive I ever remember it being. The three teams who came up were already stronger than the three that went down so absolutely nothing should be taken for granted. There'll be loads of unexpected results this year and we're slap bang in the middle of a rebuild.

I agree this will be a tough year, we are still rebuilding our side & still at least one striker short...

Very competitive premier league this season so every point will be hard fought...

We need to get clear of the relegation battle sooner rather than later & get another striker in the January transfer window minimum...

I agree this will be a tough year, we are still rebuilding our side & still at least one striker short...

Very competitive premier league this season so every point will be hard fought...

We need to get clear of the relegation battle sooner rather than later & get another striker in the January transfer window minimum...
If we can sort a loan/loans for the likes of Broja & Kudus in January to boost our attacking options for the run-in then that would be boss. Notoriously difficult to add good players in the middle of the season though..

Status
Not open for further replies.