Think we'll be ok yenno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember an interview with Adrian Heath in the eighties about the turn around with the team then.He said even thou the league position was not great ,and we were not getting the results we were hoping for.In training we knew we were getting right and it would be only a matter of time before we would turn around results,this team at the moment give me those vibes.

It shouldn't be but like our efforts against the RS it seems to infect the fabric of the club .
Arsenal themselves always fell at Stoke , weird .

Just at a**field.

They've only actually won now at Goodison twice in over a decade so have loads of better away records to clubs.

I do agree sometimes the match ups and results can define things for a few months. I always remember the first season under Silva was pretty decent and then Pickford did what he did in 95th minute and team were terrible for next few months. Then ground out a solid 0-0 in return fixture and had a good end to the season.

Think form also dipped after losing to their under 12s in FA cup under Ancellotti so hopefully can kick on from the weekend performance.

Think we will struggle in the next 4 games to get a win. However, after that when the team has gelled , I think we will surprise a few people.

Back to back away games at Spurs and Newcastle so pretty easy.....

Really crucial period before world cup break though....Palace and Leicester at home and Fulham and Bournemouth away. Can't afford to be still messing around struggling to score, minimum of 7-8 points from that quartet is a total must to get back into mid table pack.

Fixtures have been a tough start for Frank. Having Chelsea and Liverpool at home with Brentford Leeds and Arsenal away in your first 7 games is tough especially with the injuries we’ve had. It won’t always be like this though, and we’ll hopefully pick up points at home against the non top 6 teams.
Fair enough but I don't agree with this at all. The fixtures have been kind to us. Chelsea and the RS are the top teams who look nothing like themselves at the moment, we played them both at home and got a point.
You also missed out playing a trash Villa side against the worst manager in the league and drawing to Nottingham Forest at home..
Frank definitely talks all the right things and no doubt has the players playing for him but we need wins and fast to vindicate it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.