Think we'll be ok yenno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation. Last season when we would have happily taken a draw when desperate for points we got six all season, now we already have four draws in six games. Seems we are no longer the flaky soft touch of last season. Just need to add goals and we will be a decent team

Nice to see some of the pessimism of deadline day floating away. I'd sound a note of caution about some of the over optimistic shouts though....

Our midfield should overpower most teams outside the top 3/4, and even challenge the top.
jonah-hill-cut-it-out.gif

Nice to see some of the pessimism of deadline day floating away. I'd sound a note of caution about some of the over optimistic shouts though....

jonah-hill-cut-it-out.gif
Whilst I am all for a level of caution…

Compare the 2 midfields today. Arguably our midfield is better than the oppositions… apparently the 2nd best team in the land.

Gana, Onana and Iwobi could be the best midfield we have had for many a year.

I'm confident about the goalkeeper, defence and midfield. It should enough for us to be OK but we just dont score enough to aspire to be better than OK.

Light at the end of the tunnel

A good way to go yet, but....

A few good performances breeds confidence, brings wins ?

In fact…. Ignore my comment above. OUR midfield today (even with Davies) are better than the oppositions today.

Add Gana in there and far better.

We are building it's clear to see in the last few games. We shouldn't get carried away over 4 draws :Blink: but I think
things will start getting better. I still think we are light on strikers but maybe that's part of the building process. Listening to Lampard
in the pre match pc that he sees the bigger picture. Can't solve all our problems in one go.

I've started to feel a lot more optimistic about how this season will turn out after the signings we've made and a 5 game unbeaten run but this is Everton.
Lampard is trying to change the culture of the club by recruiting a different kind of player with leadership skills but that's not going to gel within the team immediately. There's going to be pitfalls along the way, lots of them.
Injuries will play a massive part on how our season turns out. Fingers crossed our treatment room stays quiet and we can keep DCL & Maupay fit and scoring goals.

The standard of the league at the moment is scary. Most teams are stacked with expensive players. Get dcl back and firing and we’ll be ok.

This team is at least mid table for me we'll fear nobody this season you can see it in the way they're going about it. No need to we have a bit of belief for once. I can see us going further than many are expecting. COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.