Theo Walcott’s move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace on the wings.

Potentially theo is a good signing. Under Allardyce there's no chance though, it's going to be a Martin O Neil style hoof it down the wing for a fast player to chase isn't it.

NOT the everton way.

They've both done considerably more to convince me that they're not good enough/ready while on the pitch than that they'd be worth starting.

I'm made up they're both further from the starting XI.

This is one of my issues with Allardyce, was with Unsworth too, and in Lookman's case, Koeman as well.

I appreciate the general concept about the young players but both Vlasic and Lookman have shown sufficient quality to be getting 30+ mins in games at the minimum. The validation presented by both Unsworth and Allardyce doesn't cut it for me because all of our other young players have weaknesses in their game which have proven costly over the course of the season.

Calvert Lewin is not good enough to lead the line week in week out. He has talent but is by no means the finished article and has missed some big chances that would have changed certain results.

Holgate and Kenny have both made big mistakes on more than one occasion, despite both doing well on the whole. Kenny OG v Leicester, poor against Bournemouth, Holgate being exposed at times, and the daft penalty against Lyon early on.

There must be more to it in training because there is no other reasonable explanation as to why 3 managers in Lookman's case have not fancied him to play, and 2 in Vlasic's.
Both lose the ball to often and are nowhere near ready. I agree both great prospects, but not ready to play a part yet... hopefully their time will come

If they are consistently good enough in training and able to slot into the chosen system then they will get a chance.

Yeah exactly this. No such thing as old and young players, only good or bad players etc etc.

If they are good enough they will play. If they cant get in to the team then maybe they were not good enough.

The only way you can possibly say that the Walcott move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic is you are saying Bolasie will get really good over the next 12 months. Because based on everything we see, he wont be starting next season, and if Lookman cant beat out 1-goal-Bolasie, he hasnt made it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.