Theo Walcott’s move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.

APN_EFC

Player Valuation: £25m
I was going to post something just like this as I’m worried about these 2 talents

Sorry if you are you already discussing this in other pages? Been off here for a while

Happy with having great squad depth but I hope that we are thinking of the top 3 attacking places being filled by a combination of

1 Walcott / Lookman / Vlasic
2 Cenk / DCL / Niasse
3 Bolasie / Lookman / Vlasic

Then it looks good, as long as they’re both actually getting regular squad selection it will otherwise make them think of going to Arsenal or somewhere else
They are no less ‘defenders’ than Bolasie and Walcott and should be in with a shout!

Theo Walcott’s £20m Everton move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic

Sam Allardyce says Theo Walcott ‘should be at the peak of his career’ and he is an experienced goalscorer but his arrival is bad news for Everton’s youngsters

5568.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...everton-lookman-vlasic?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Last edited:
I was going to post something just like this as I’m worried about these 2 talents

Sorry if you are you already discussing this in other pages? Been off here for a while

Theo Walcott’s £20m Everton move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic

Sam Allardyce says Theo Walcott ‘should be at the peak of his career’ and he is an experienced goalscorer but his arrival is bad news for Everton’s youngsters

5568.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...everton-lookman-vlasic?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
We can’t just wait around until the time these players are ready for prem football every week.
Which at this stage, they aren’t.

Walcott -- Sigurdsson -- Bolasie
Tosun

Dowell -- Vlasic -- Lookman
DCL​

DCL has had a lot of games but should still be see mins as a sub
Dowell is on loan
Vlasic has had hardly any chances and done well each time...needs minutes
Lookman has been treated badly, how he isn't starting ahead of Bolasie is criminal.

Over the next 2 seasons, we need at least 2 of Lookman, Vlasic and Dowell to cement themselves as first choice.

Walcott -- Sigurdsson -- Bolasie
Tosun

Dowell -- Vlasic -- Lookman
DCL​

DCL has had a lot of games but should still be see mins as a sub
Dowell is on loan
Vlasic has had hardly any chances and done well each time...needs minutes
Lookman has been treated badly, how he isn't starting ahead of Bolasie is criminal.

Over the next 2 seasons, we need at least 2 of Lookman, Vlasic and Dowell to cement themselves as first choice.
I don’t understand why anyone would not agree with you
With good coaching and tactics that can be Such an effective front line

I disagree. I think it's clear that Sam is embracing playing with pace and width. I think for Lookman at least, although he should already be playing IMO, coming off the bench and eventually replacing the older Bolaisse/Walcott duo is ideal. He also gives us a different look as more of an inside forward type. Vlasic, too. It will also likely push Siggy central where he'll probably do better and not have him competing with Lookman for time. No one would ever sit your best playmaker for Lookman at least not yet. That role would also be impossible to play without a proper back providing width. So he'd be tracking back like Siggy does now. It would've been a horrible setup.

Vlasic is another animal. He can play all over. I don't see how this affects him too much unless we feel compelled to send him out on loan. Which would be fine, really.

And Lookman isn't starting in front of Bolassie because Sam wants width SOMEWHERE up front. Lookman is not a winger. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for people to understand, but he's never going to be this wide playing firing in crosses. And that's FINE.

This is one of my issues with Allardyce, was with Unsworth too, and in Lookman's case, Koeman as well.

I appreciate the general concept about the young players but both Vlasic and Lookman have shown sufficient quality to be getting 30+ mins in games at the minimum. The validation presented by both Unsworth and Allardyce doesn't cut it for me because all of our other young players have weaknesses in their game which have proven costly over the course of the season.

Calvert Lewin is not good enough to lead the line week in week out. He has talent but is by no means the finished article and has missed some big chances that would have changed certain results.

Holgate and Kenny have both made big mistakes on more than one occasion, despite both doing well on the whole. Kenny OG v Leicester, poor against Bournemouth, Holgate being exposed at times, and the daft penalty against Lyon early on.

There must be more to it in training because there is no other reasonable explanation as to why 3 managers in Lookman's case have not fancied him to play, and 2 in Vlasic's.

Status
Not open for further replies.