Theo Walcott’s move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Vlasic play as a full back in the absence of Baines / Coleman?

Vlasic / Lookman can learn a lot from Walcott / Bolasie and come on as impact subs, get game time when the other two are injured or rotated in cup games etc.....Hopefully they'll stay - both very young still

There' a chance one of them can displace at least Bolasie if they continue to improve

Not arsed who it spells trouble for. More arsed about motivated players propelling the toffees up the table.

I think Theo and Bolasie will be the designated ball carriers until the end of the season with Siggy supplying them but a genuine box to box midfielder to play beside Gana would be fantastic. Id start McCarthy over Davies though, he's playing a lot better at the moment.

McCarthy played one of the worst matches I've ever seen him play last week. The missed tackles all over the field where he got completely bypassed put more pressure on our back line than they can handle.

Siggy isn't a box to box guy. I suppose he can sit a bit deeper and god knows he can spot a pass, but he's a lot more valuable being closer to goal. Perhaps the wingers and Tosun can allow Siggy some opportunities arriving later in the box like against the [Poor language removed]. Either way, we should have acres of possession in front of Barry who is just as slow as he was here. Maybe I'd even have Siggy pressure him the whole game.

Don't think so, no.

With Lennon and Mirallas gone these 2 are our back ups for Walcott and Bolasie.

A good position to be in.

I really hope that's how they are being seen. And I hope they are being told that too. in fact they can be reserves to anyone across the front 3 or 4

McCarthy played one of the worst matches I've ever seen him play last week. The missed tackles all over the field where he got completely bypassed put more pressure on our back line than they can handle.

Siggy isn't a box to box guy. I suppose he can sit a bit deeper and god knows he can spot a pass, but he's a lot more valuable being closer to goal. Perhaps the wingers and Tosun can allow Siggy some opportunities arriving later in the box like against the [Poor language removed]. Either way, we should have acres of possession in front of Barry who is just as slow as he was here. Maybe I'd even have Siggy pressure him the whole game.

why?

No pace, hard worker, doesn’t like to carry the ball, can’t tackle. He’s never played as an 8 as a result. But he’s a fantastic shooter and final third passer. We need someone to feed him the ball closer to goal, not the other way around IMO.

No pace, hard worker, doesn’t like to carry the ball, can’t tackle. He’s never played as an 8 as a result. But he’s a fantastic shooter and final third passer. We need someone to feed him the ball closer to goal, not the other way around IMO.

Looks to me as well suited to be box to box...good all rounder and can run for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.