Theo Walcott’s move spells trouble for Lookman and Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I think it's clear that Sam is embracing playing with pace and width. I think for Lookman at least, although he should already be playing IMO, coming off the bench and eventually replacing the older Bolaisse/Walcott duo is ideal. He also gives us a different look as more of an inside forward type. Vlasic, too. It will also likely push Siggy central where he'll probably do better and not have him competing with Lookman for time. No one would ever sit your best playmaker for Lookman at least not yet. That role would also be impossible to play without a proper back providing width. So he'd be tracking back like Siggy does now. It would've been a horrible setup.

Vlasic is another animal. He can play all over. I don't see how this affects him too much unless we feel compelled to send him out on loan. Which would be fine, really.

And Lookman isn't starting in front of Bolassie because Sam wants width SOMEWHERE up front. Lookman is not a winger. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for people to understand, but he's never going to be this wide playing firing in crosses. And that's FINE.
If anything it will affect one of the midfielders if Siggy moves more central. Rooney and Davies are the two who will suffer most IMO

I love how some are just never going to like Bolaisse no matter what he does.

I would've liked to see Lookman and Vlasic play more at this point, but we are missing our best back, we have no back on the left, and really didn't have a single winger just a month ago. You HAVE to have some threat of attacking wide. They can play if we want to switch tactics or those two get tired and they will, they are older.

Case in point, we have taken the least amout of corners in the entire PL and it's not even close. We have taken 13 less than the 19th place team. Granted, we have minimal aerial threat, but considering we have one of the best set piece guys on the planet, that is just stupid and pathetic. Man City has won twice as many corners as us. THINK ABOUT THAT.

If anything it will affect one of the midfielders if Siggy moves more central. Rooney and Davies are the two who will suffer most IMO
That's the way I see it, too. I think Davies HAS to play as he's about our only guy that can take the ball from our own end and run with it, although I fear a Rooney/Gana defensive midfield lineup. Klaassen can a bit, but he's clearly not going to play. But neither are amazing at it. Ideally, we'd get someone like Doucoure or to a lesser extent N'Zonzi to help with that and we'd bin the rest of the lot - McCarthy, Morgan, Besic, Klaassen, etc.

I love how some are just never going to like Bolaisse no matter what he does.

I would've liked to see Lookman and Vlasic play more at this point, but we are missing our best back, we have no back on the left, and really didn't have a single winger just a month ago. You HAVE to have some threat of attacking wide. They can play if we want to switch tactics or those two get tired and they will, they are older.

Case in point, we have taken the least amout of corners in the entire PL and it's not even close. We have taken 13 less than the 19th place team. Granted, we have minimal aerial threat, but considering we have one of the best set piece guys on the planet, that is just stupid and pathetic. Man City has won twice as many corners as us. THINK ABOUT THAT.

People might actually like Bolasie if he starts playing well on a consistent basis.

People might actually like Bolasie if he starts playing well on a consistent basis.

maxresdefault.jpg

Absolutely. Everyone knows that having experienced, talented and decorated players to train and play with is hideously damaging to the ability of young players. Nobody learns anything, it does nothing for development, and definitely doesn't mean that their fragile young bodies are not irreperably damaged due to too much football at an early age, a la Rooney, Owen etc.

Bolasie is a strange one, until he got injured last year we were getting beat by everyone. Soon as he comes back we go immediately back to our losing ways. (Yes ok there was a massive losing run this season before he came back also)

Is it that we expect more out of our wingers in defence and that spoils them? He looked a lot more dangerous for CP than he has ever playing for us. Bottom line is he, Vlasic and Lookman deserve more game time as we just can't tell at the moment if they are any good.

Its a strange one with these two guys, i think they are both full of potential.

But, when three different managers with different styles, overlook the two consistently, then there must be something missing?

And i guess this judgement stems from what they see day in and day out at the training pitch.

Yeah exactly this. No such thing as old and young players, only good or bad players etc etc.

If they are good enough they will play. If they cant get in to the team then maybe they were not good enough.
Allardyce will do all he can to stay on the Goodison gravy train and that will always mean picking the players best suited to his chosen system. The players know how he wants them to play and it’s up to them to buy into his message and earn a jersey.

That's the way I see it, too. I think Davies HAS to play as he's about our only guy that can take the ball from our own end and run with it, although I fear a Rooney/Gana defensive midfield lineup. Klaassen can a bit, but he's clearly not going to play. But neither are amazing at it. Ideally, we'd get someone like Doucoure or to a lesser extent N'Zonzi to help with that and we'd bin the rest of the lot - McCarthy, Morgan, Besic, Klaassen, etc.
I think Theo and Bolasie will be the designated ball carriers until the end of the season with Siggy supplying them but a genuine box to box midfielder to play beside Gana would be fantastic. Id start McCarthy over Davies though, he's playing a lot better at the moment.

Its a strange one with these two guys, i think they are both full of potential.

But, when three different managers with different styles, overlook the two consistently, then there must be something missing?

And i guess this judgement stems from what they see day in and day out at the training pitch.

Those last three managers all live for the grind though, they rate players based on work rate and fouls per minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.