The Worst Season I’ve EVER Endured

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we've finished eighth proves how poor the league is from seventh down.

We've somehow not even recorded our worst points total in the last few years either.
This. We’ve somehow scraped eighth even though we haven’t played well in pretty much every game we’ve played this season. Surely the people defending him can see this

It's been poor but there have been lots of seasons that have been worse. After the initial hope faded then this season was already a write off to really care about. Things looked dicey until Jan but after that We haven't had the real fear of relegation and at least we didn't lose a league derby.

For me Martinez's final year was worse as we had a team that could compete but for various reasons we didn't see it. Enough to pull your hair out. This is just a crap football team that managed to finish 8th, not bad as long as you didn't have to sit through the games.

Its one of the worst I can remember like. Also completely agree about making Seamus captain, he's our best player IMO.

Walker’s reign didn’t exactly hit the heights did it? Good job he’s never lasted a full season....lasted less than a year. Nearly got us relegated in his stint from the January until the Miracle of Segers came to our rescue and then from the start of the next season we were plumb last, not winning a league game from the start of season until the November.

Although not a full season, that period must rank as the worst I can remember.

Walker’s reign didn’t exactly hit the heights did it? Good job he’s never lasted a full season....lasted less than a year. Nearly got us relegated in his stint from the January until the Miracle of Segers came to our rescue and then from the start of the next season we were plumb last, not winning a league game from the start of season until the November.

Although not a full season, that period must rank as the worst I can remember.
Yes, that was a dark period but even in those two seasons we had something to celebrate and/or remember.
The Wimbledon escape game will never be forgotten. The noise when Barry Horne’s shot went in.
1995 season ended with a cup final win and the semi against Spurs. League wins against Chelsea and the RS helped too. We remember those days.
What will we remember about 2017/2018?

Yes, that was a dark period but even in those two seasons we had something to celebrate and/or remember.
The Wimbledon escape game will never be forgotten. The noise when Barry Horne’s shot went in.
1995 season ended with a cup final win and the semi against Spurs. League wins against Chelsea and the RS helped too. We remember those days.
What will we remember about 2017/2018?

Rooney from the half way line and Niasse's Lazarus like return I reckon.

The worst season for me as in once we got safe I really couldn’t be bothered what went on.
Never thought I’d ever say that but the pre season hype followed by utter disappointment just left me flat as a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.