The Worst Season I’ve EVER Endured

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dreadful season. First time I can remember coming away from a full campaign without one game to remember fondly. I don't think we'll win a derby match again, let alone a trophy. Feel utterly deflated by it all.

I despise the manager, have no faith in the board and no time for the majority of the players who wear the shirt. Can't wait for August :oops:

I witnessed our mid-80s side so I've experienced the highs. I've also experienced pure apathy towards Everton; twice in the 90s and low and behold, this season. When I say apathy, I mean that I'm not bothered if we win or lose.

I've taken no pleasure from the games we've won this season because I simply have no pride left for this club in its present state.

I fear another season like this one would be deeply damaging not just in the short term but also long term.

Next season will probably be one of the most important to this club in a long time.

As others have said there have been worse season's but no one expected much from them, there was an expectation this season with European football and so much money spent on players and their wages.

Another difference for me personally is as lousy as some of the team's of the Nineties were, those sides had character's in with a bit of fight. I doubt I could name five players like that within the current squad.

It hasnt been the worse in terms of finishing position,the football has been on par with Walter Smiths teams,but certainly the worse for a complete disconnection between fans and club,it seems like supporters are more an inconvieniance to the club,we have gone from cringe worthy quotes on talksport to complete silence

We were cursed from the minute we beat Hadjuk Spilt, then took their best player off them.

We have to sacrifice Vlasic in the centre circle at midnight to appease the football gods

I was going to do a similar sounding thread to this the other day entitled, My miserable life as an Evertonian. Having attended my 1st game in 1979 as a small boy then thereafter only going sporadically untill the glorious mid 80s when I got my first season ticket. This season has been soul destroying mainly because we have shown no consistent form or produced any exciting performances, but now with that lot across the park being so brilliant attack wise and on the verge of another European cup win.
Us finishing 18 points off the bottom yet 26 points off 4th place and you get clowns like Garth Crooks asking "what do Everton fans want". Very sad times to be a blue in this City and I think we are too far gone for it to ever change now.

We finished 17th in David Moyes' second full season in charge. And in 1994 and 1998 we were a goal from being relegated.

Considering that we were only a few points above the relegation zone when Sam came in, 8th isn't all that bad.

Totally agree here, BUT..... Mike Walker was the worst of the worst managers to come in, closely followed by BFS and Walter Smith although the latter made some great signings that gave us hope.... that's didn't materialise (Olivier Dacourt, Marco Materazzi and John Collins)

Cant say that I have stopped caring as this is something I cant believe a Evertonian would do, but I am pleased the season is finally over and Everton can no longer spoil the weekend

Onwards and Upwards people, bring in 3 or 4 CLASS signings and move on 10, lets have a small but more efficient squad

The expectation before it with so few highlights I genuinely think this was the worst. There was no win at Old Trafford or 4-0 smashing of Pep’s City at home it was all just rancid turgid football
Note that I was too young to appreciate the last day survival seasons

No, I agree with you.

I am more than twice your age and it is the most depressing season I have ever endured.

And whilst we have indeed had, as others will point out, much worse seasons in terms of league placings and more defeats, this was the season that hope of a better day all but evaporated.

At least for the time being.

For all the sheer incompetence of Koeman and Walsh plus the sheer embarrassment of Everton FC employing Sam Allardyce and the circus he has created around the club since Christmas, IMO the reason this season apears way worse than other season is the fact that the concept of “expected defeats” has taken root in the boardroom.

And it is a concept which Sam has gleefully run with given the craven nature of our performances against the top sides since he arrived.

This is not what any of us signed up for when we became a Blue and with that one statement from our owner back in the autumn a cloud of depression settled over Goodison and it has yet to pass.

We are coming off a depressing seasin after high hopes this time last year.

It follows some of the worst recruitment by the club to an already slow ageing team. Everton have become masters at knowing what to do but doing the opposite for some insane reason.

Easily the worst season in memory and I have been a supporter since 84.

86 was horrific for different reasons but we did have a great side. We had the 2 great escape seasons but at least we had memorable victories against the RS and hope that with a bit of investment we could catch up.

The fact that the horrors across the park have made the final of a competition they should have been permanently banned from in 85 is also quite vomit inducing.

We need a new manager, a new ground, almost an entire new team, new director of football, new CEO, need Bill to move on, new coaches with a tactical game plan...

The whole thing needs ripping up and starting again.

This on top of a difficult year personally too. I have hardly watched any football since the 1-1 draw at Man City back in August.

Thanks Everton.

My solution: GET USMANOV IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.