Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it as we would still have the same core of the team who obviously cant be bothered playing for anybody.

Unsworth is fine where he is. He is doing a good job.

You think Unsworth would have made the same signings? i dont...

i think he would have signed players to compliment the lads coming through.

The problem is Koeman was a risk mitigation choice, as is playing our seasoned pros (even if they have been a bit crap recently) rather than giving youngsters a chance.

Sometimes one needs to take risks and chances (or do we want to be 7th for ever)?

Thats the key really...

If we had a choice of 7th playing the same donkeys (and we wont finish there by a long way)...or 12th for a season playing kids and bringing them through.to the first team.

id take 12th and go for top 6 next season and higher the following.

just need to sign a core of top.players around them.

Big difference mate, both Zidane and Guardiola managed the B sides in the Secunda Division so in effect the Spanish equivalent of the Championship - a genuinely competitive league - in effect they where managing the equivalents of Sheff Weds, Birmingham, Wolves etc, but within the framework of still being attached to Madrid - so an absolutely ideal situation - far far removed from stepping upfrom managing a premiership under 23s/21s side then becoming manager of the first team

BTW Barca did let Enrique go after managing the B team to Roma then Celta and when they wanted him they got him back - as a manager who had proven himself

to be honest i thought.enrique was dreadful at roma...and took celta to mid table only.

Not really a barometer of how he would do at his own team.

Im not sure why @bluestevon thouggt i meant to throw them all in together.

My question was that if Unsworth had been appointed manager instead of koeman would he be doing better?

I also think just from what ive heard from others and seen for a short period of time that there would be a few differences with the squad.

e.g Galloway, Connolly, Holgate and Kenny would have got minutes on the pitch and increased time if they performed.

Davies and possibly dowell the same

At the very least theres over 10 players we could sell right now and put these guys on the bench.
I agree that there are at least 10 senior players in our current squad that are simply not good enough for Everton and we need to get shut. But to replace them all with the youngsters is impractical at best as many would, as a result, be thrown into the starting 11 together once you factor in injuries and suspensions.

The senior players I'd like to see replaced are

One of Stek/Robles
Jagielka.
Oviedo
McCarthy
Gibson
Cleverley
Barry
Lennon
Mirallas
Kone
Niasse
Valencia

Plus some of the older youth players that don't look like they are going to make it.

I can see us, over the next 2 windows, replacing these players, but by buying in already established players. I'd like to see us bring in about 7/8 new quality players, leaving a few places within the squad for the better of the youth contingent.

i couldnt see unsworth signing bolasie, stek or valencia...

would likely ask walsh and go for players he knows from u23s.

This is all just fantasy stuff though in your head isn't it? You actually do not have a clue or any indications of what Unsworth would do if handed the job as there is not even a tad of anything to back it up.

It is just another thread for you to have a pop at Koeman.

Get real.

This was the last game of the season. Norwich where already relegated. The fans had got what they wanted in that Martinez had been sacked and anyone coming in for one game would have done well. There was a 'feel good' factor going into this game. Big Dunc should have been the man in charge that day, not Unsworth.

If Unsworth was given the First Team job, the club will be relegated and will be playing in the Championship next season and possibly League 1 the season after.

He has poor man management skills, is tactically and technically poor and his training methods are stuck in the 80's.

The U23s are a product of our Academy system under departed Alan Irvine and top top coaches like Sheedy, Paul Tait, Colin Littlejohn, Shaun Lundon, John Doolan etc etc. The longer these players stay in the u23's, the less likely they will make the grade.

It was disappointing to read that Koeman did not know Josh Sims as an up and coming youngster in the Southampton Academy and shows how much interest he has in youth.

Duncan Ferguson worked in the Academy and knows all the young players coming through the club and would be the ideal coach or manager to transition them into the First Team.

to be honest i thought.enrique was dreadful at roma...and took celta to mid table only.

Not really a barometer of how he would do at his own team.

took celta to 9th from 17th the season prior (there first one since getting promoted) what should he have achieved mate?

i couldnt see unsworth signing bolasie, stek or valencia...

would likely ask walsh and go for players he knows from u23s.
He's never bought a player ever, so you have no idea what kind of players he'd go for.

1 game against a relegated side and with the crowd euphoric as we'd got rid of the clown, and you're using that as reason enough for him to replace Koeman after 13 league games.

This thread is a total embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.