The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way some of our fans pine for the return of their safety blanket moyes tells you what an utter non entity we've become, last one out turn of the lights
Does it surprise you? Theres people who still yearn for Osman and Hibbert,if he came back I'd give up and go and watch non league footie,its like the fellas you get in Wetherspoons recalling the days before the EU and how we were great

Does it surprise you? Theres people who still yearn for Osman and Hibbert,if he came back I'd give up and go and watch non league footie,its like the fellas you get in Wetherspoons recalling the days before the EU and how we were great
At least Hibbert gave his all every game. Yes, he was limited, but he got this club. These are only here for a paycheck (Sigurdson, Schneiderlin et al). They are happy to cruise during games, because, they don't give a sh&t.

Fair enough, not apologising for complimenting City like but I'll take your point on board.

On a side note, do you blame me? I'm of that generation that has seen absolutely nothing. I don't remember 95 so Moyes is the best I have. So getting knocked about by the 'big' sides is normal. When we don't get smashed it's something to hold on to.

Anyway, today was far worse.
I was young during the early 70's.

I lived for Everton but every year Liverpool won the league, they won European cups and we got battered whenever we played them. It should have been completely demoralising.

But me and 99% of evertonians then still expected us to try and achieve and become as good as that Liverpool side. We did not accept mid table football and getting beat in cups. Managers were replaced - the fans vented fury at poor displays even though there were many.

The history and culture of yhe club demanded it.

And guess what. After 10 years of utter gash we became a great team.

Moyes did an above average job in the league, no more no less. We were pityful in big cup games - down to lack of heart and drive in players/management for me. Very few in that era were real winners at heart (likes of Rooney, Cahill, Neville excepted) and definately not Moyes.

Please young evertonains dont accept mediocraty because that is all you will get.

Look at yout history and try to maintain a culture of expectation and one day it can come.

This Silva fella will go down as one of the worst and most bizarre managerial appointments in the clubs history.

He has nothing about his personality, how his teams play or anything in his past to suggest he could move this club forward.

Just demand he is gone.

certainly in my lifetime

just don't get it, he done alrite at Hull and started alrite at Watford, but it's the way we went after him like he was pep or something

it was supposed to be the start of something, new owners, new DOF, new team, new ideas and a new stadium, but we just got it all wrong with Silva

still to this day don't see why moshiri propa wanted him

At least Hibbert gave his all every game. Yes, he was limited, but he got this club. These are only here for a paycheck (Sigurdson, Schneiderlin et al). They are happy to cruise during games, because, they don't give a sh&t.
And yet sigurdsson regularly runs further than any player on either team. I dont think he isnt trying I just think he doesnt get the ball enough in the positions he needs to be.

I see the Echo running more EITC guff today.

I wish the club would just tell it how it is (we are garbage) rather than shoving EITC and BMD articles down our throats whenever things are bad.

I wish the club would just tell it how it is (we are garbage) rather than shoving EITC and BMD articles down our throats whenever things are bad.
Same I thought that giant pictures of Brands in his running gear splattered across the screen. Then the standard Duncan Ferguson arm round the shoulder picture. The club has its priorities all over the show. Who will give a toss about 5k runs in Sefton park or wherever when we are on our way to league one.

Naismith was miles better than him. Could play multiple positions, good in the air, better finisher, more intelligent, actually gave a crap and didn’t go missing for games on end.

Siggurdson is a championship chump.
Ive never rated him. Absolutely underwhelming player, a decent cross or a free kick every 6 games and everyone wets their knickers

Why wouldn’t they publish an article about a charity run that’s been planned for months? Ffs this conspiracy theory is getting ridiculous now

Status
Not open for further replies.