The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This current set up takes us down. No doubt about it for me. Zero fight and heads will be down even further. Don’t have the passion and will for a relegation fight. We have a dreadful defence laid bare by awful recruitment in the summer and we have about two players who can score. It’s a recipe for relegation. We need a manager bounce and a different voice in that dressing room to galvanise some fight from these players and we hopefully survive

So far this season we're on relegation form, with absolutely no indication that we know or have a way of get out of it. Toughest December in living memory up next - we will almost certainly be adrift in bottom three by Christmas Day.

Will there be three worse teams than us by the end of the season?
You wouldn't bet on it.
Nearly Christmas and you're 18th, you're deffo in the mix.

This current set up takes us down. No doubt about it for me. Zero fight and heads will be down even further. Don’t have the passion and will for a relegation fight. We have a dreadful defence laid bare by awful recruitment in the summer and we have about two players who can score. It’s a recipe for relegation. We need a manager bounce and a different voice in that dressing room to galvanise some fight from these players and we hopefully survive
January looking to be our biggest and most important window in a long time.

I’ll tell you why we will be ok. Because there are three worse teams than us over a season

Really?

With nearly half the season gone I have yet to see us play a team demonstrably “worse than us”, with the exception of Watford.

And I sae no reason to suspect we are going to improve any time soon so on current form and future projection, I am hard pushed naming three teams which are worse than us and which will definitely finish below us.

Last edited:

Really?

With nearly half the season gone I have yet to see us play a team demonstrably “worse than us, with the exception of Watford.

And I sae no reason to suspect we are going to improve any time soon so on current form and future projection, I am hard pushed naming three teams which are worse than us and which will definitely finish below us.
I agree if things stay as they are we go down, even if we change we have a hole to dig ourselves out of thanks to Marco the players and the board. However three things could change.
We have to see if a new manager helps. We have to see if some of the injuries clear up. We have to hope we can make a few solid additions in January.

Players don't seem too arsed...oh yeah, you still get you £12,000 A DAY if you don't even make it on to the bench

And there’s the other big worry.

Come February and us rooted in that bottom three, you think many of those buggers are going to be worrying themselves about EFC and rolling their sleeves up to fight for us.

No sir....they will be on the dog to their agent, looking for a club to rescue them from the Championship.

don't think it will happen will work way back up to mid table by end of season. oonce the dec matches are done.

What makes you think that?

It was our form against the “lesser” teams which has landed us in this pickle.

The failure to take one solitary point from teams like Norwich, Brighton, Bournemouth, Villa and Blades.

I can literally see no light at the end of this tunnel right now :(

But I guarentee you those teams will have more heart/desire/team spirit as all three promoted teams have proved already against us.Grim times.
Couldnt give a to55 if they do have more heart as long as there are 3 teams below us at the end of the season.
The players deserve the shame and humiliation that relegation would bring but supporters dont deserve players like we have.
17th at the end and yet another clear out of dead wood........roll on 20-21 season

What makes you think that?

It was our form against the “lesser” teams which has landed us in this pickle.

The failure to take one solitary point from teams like Norwich, Brighton, Bournemouth, Villa and Blades.

I can literally see no light at the end of this tunnel right now :(

We all thought Moshiri was the man to awaken this sleeping giant.Yet here we are a few months short what will be his 4th year here, and poor managerial choices and bad player recruitment, have now put this clubs, 66 year tenure in the top flight in serious jeopardy.This is a very bleak situation.Silva has to go.

Sure there have been injuries, var controversies, but to be where we are now, after what seemed on paper, to be an easy opening run of fixtures.No matter what injuries and var issues, this club shouldn't be currently residing in the bottom three.

Who the board will bring in as manager, is another issue.But Silva has to go.It's time to call a halt to this farce.The fact that this dud is still here, kind of sums up what a shambles this club is at the moment.From the players to the manager to the boardroom.The whole lot of them as a collective, are one pitiful rabble.

There’s no doubt that we’re going down unless something drastic happens ie. a change of manager. By the end of the weekend we could be four points adrift of 17th.

We have one away game in the next 4 fixtures...Chelsea (h), United (a), Arsenal (h), Burnley (h).

Those are winnable games at home IMO.

Get rid of Silva. Get Unsy in for the weekend. Get the crowd up. Get something from the game.

Bring in a new boss for United away and the League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.