The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one away game in the next 4 fixtures...Chelsea (h), United (a), Arsenal (h), Burnley (h).

Those are winnable games at home IMO.

Get rid of Silva. Get Unsy in for the weekend. Get the crowd up. Get something from the game.

Bring in a new boss for United away and the League Cup

Agree re the home games. Absolutely critical. Our fans at Goodison have to do their part too. If our players can't be intimidating, we have to turn Goodison into the lion's den.

With Moyes back, another manager who has a relegation on his CV, we are in deep, deep trouble. People won’t panic till City leave us 5 points adrift in January.

The saving grace in all of this is that the league is still so tight that the new manager bounce will move us a good few places up the table and give us something to build on.

I can’t deny that I’m worried right now though.

I said in another thread that we are walking the line between being relegated and a decent(ish) League finish. We just need the right man to guide us to the latter.

Southampton

Aston Villa

Brighton

All these teams above are very poor but I think we will be fighting alongside them over the next 5 games. Think they will pick up more points than us.

Attachments

• 1575536988913.png
    1575536988913.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 1575537010646.png
    1575537010646.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 48
Being a yo yo club is more entertaining that what we have bee subjected too for the last 10 years. If its relegation and a cup I would take that option.

As above, I think we must get 6 points at least from next 5 games - Arsenal and Burnley Home (and maybe something at Newcastle).

We would then face into 2020 with 20 or 21 points, and 18 matches to get 20 points.

Exactly 9 away and 9 home - some chances of points at W ham, Watford, Norwich, Wolves and Sheffield Utd, but probably need to win at least 5 homes.

This is actually getting very worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.