The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we’re in any real trouble. We really shouldn’t be.

BUT......

If December goes as bad as it could, and the club get the management issue wrong - whether they leave him in charge or get the wrong one in, then the team ends up in a rut that could be very difficult to drag ourselves out of.

There’s an outside possibility we fall into that Newcastle state of mind “Naaah, we’ll not go down, too much quality”. People often forget, they had some very decent players like Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Perez, Cisse.

The best thing we can do to guard against it, is not to treat the idea of relegation with a scoff. It shouldn’t happen, it probably won’t happen. However, if we don’t recognise the reasons why we’ve had such a shocking run, and work to put it right, strange things can happen.

BUT......

If December goes as bad as it could, and the club get the management issue wrong - whether they leave him in charge or get the wrong one in, then the team ends up in a rut that could be very difficult to drag ourselves out of.

There’s an outside possibility we fall into that Newcastle state of mind “Naaah, we’ll not go down, too much quality”. People often forget, they had some very decent players like Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Perez, Cisse.

The best thing we can do to guard against it, is not to treat the idea of relegation with a scoff. It shouldn’t happen, it probably won’t happen. However, if we don’t recognise the reasons why we’ve had such a shocking run, and work to put it right, strange things can happen.

For the last few seasons we´ve been good at putting average teams away at Goodison. Not happening this time around which is worrying.

We do have some good players but they aren´t in the spine of the team. Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies, Schneiderlin and Delph are all players we can´t rely on for one reason or another. Coleman has completely gone and our centre halves aren´t solid enough to allow us to grind out wins by the odd goal.

Then we have the forward line which you could make a case for being among the worst in the league. It´s not looking good.

Go and look at the thread starters post history if you want to read about Liverpool going unbeaten this season and other excellent posts about how great they are and how much of a terrible club Everton are lol

I don’t know about his previous history but every word of that post resonates with me.

Right now, the way things are, we look nailed on to drop into the bottom three at some point over the next month.

Due to 32 posters saying we will be alright without any evidence to back it up, other than a bit of hope, we will be fine....Won't we?
I have no idea who they regard as 3 worse teams mind you.

I don’t know about his previous history but every word of that post resonates with me.

Right now, the way things are, we look nailed on to drop into the bottom three at some point over the next month.
I'm not worried about dropping into the bottom three in December, but I am worried that we wont be able to get out of it until January at the earliest.
Which means the manager will have to focus on that not the cup

For the last few seasons we´ve been good at putting average teams away at Goodison. Not happening this time around which is worrying.

We do have some good players but they aren´t in the spine of the team. Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies, Schneiderlin and Delph are all players we can´t rely on for one reason or another. Coleman has completely gone and our centre halves aren´t solid enough to allow us to grind out wins by the odd goal.

Then we have the forward line which you could make a case for being among the worst in the league. It´s not looking good.

I have been think a good while now, NO prem league clubs will ever come knocking for our forwards.
The only one good enough in patches is Richy.

As for Spine of the team, we have a bad back!

Due to 32 posters saying we will be alright without any evidence to back it up, other than a bit of hope, we will be fine....Won't we?
I have no idea who they regard as 3 worse teams mind you.
Some several times have said Sheffield United, you really couldn't make the delusion up, they are so much better then us and look decent for a top half finish

BUT......

Given that very few feel December will be any less bad than expected I think your opening line is at odds with your final paragraph.

We are in a relegation fight, plain and simple, and nowt about the current culture at the club suggests to me we have the stomach to win that battle.

Everton under Silva play better against the so called bigger sides who come to play football. They'll be comfortably mid table by the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.