The Relegation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the furore over this thread. We look abysmal, nobody in the world of football can believe our manager hasn't been sacked, and we're riddled with injuries in the centre of the park, with poor backup from the bench and no proven goalscorer in the entire squad.

Oh, and that's not forgetting our actual relegation form over nearly half a season. If that isn't worthy of such a thread I don't know what is. I know people don't want to picture us fighting relegation, but that's the reality with this manager.

Look at our December fixtures, anybody who has watched our games this season and thinks we can pick up enough points to not be in the bottom three by Christmas is deluded.

If we act quickly, I still think we'll lose most of our pre-Christmas games, but I think a fresh approach can be brought to the squad and we can comfortably finish mid-table, even higher if the board is prepared to fund a striker and midfielder in January.

What is there to argue about here?

rs fans find our anti-Liverpool thread in the world football forum a suitable place to hang out and have fun. Give or take a meltdown or two.
This one's clever mate, doesn't venture in there much because he knows its a giveaway. Has defo been here before so he knows the score.

This one's clever mate, doesn't venture in there much because he knows its a giveaway. Has defo been here before so he knows the score.
Aha! I see. The great thing about even the smartest rs, is that they're like a donkey with a turnip full of semtex - eventually the braying jackass is going to explode.

I think people are underestimating the teams around us.

This time last season there were 3 teams on 8 points, 3 teams on 9 points and 1 team on 10. It was proper compact with a number of really bad sides.

This season there is 1 on 8, 1 on 9 and 1 on 10.

The 1 on 10 points Norwich beat us... all the teams around us are seemingly capable of beating other teams around then, but also teams above. Us on the other hand, have zero confidence and fight to get a result against anyone.

The teams around us may have 2 of the current top 6 in the December madness, but nothing like what we have. We could easily be cut adrift regardless of whom the manager is and if there is a new manager now or later.

I think people are underestimating the teams around us.

This time last season there were 3 teams on 8 points, 3 teams on 9 points and 1 team on 10. It was proper compact with a number of really bad sides.

This season there is 1 on 8, 1 on 9 and 1 on 10.

The 1 on 10 points Norwich beat us... all the teams around us are seemingly capable of beating other teams around then, but also teams above. Us on the other hand, have zero confidence and fight to get a result against anyone.

The teams around us may have 2 of the current top 6 in the December madness, but nothing like what we have. We could easily be cut adrift regardless of whom the manager is and if there is a new manager now or later.

We only have 3 of the current top 6 in December. They're our next 3 games like, which is a bit of a problem.

So we are 18th, no midfield, a hapless defence, a pathetic number 9, a horrible set of fixtures, no fight in us, and very soon to be no manager.

I am genuinely worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.