The position of Bilyaletdinov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom1878

Player Valuation: £60m
Ok, so right, no matter what you think of him i still think its too early to judge him. He looks like Fellaini used to imo, so give him time

But to the point, his position, lets do this step by step.

He can play LM, AM and RM.

First, Baines and Pienaar are the strongest partnership at the club, so we dont break them up, because doing it is just useless, as we go from having a strong left side, to an average one at best. We can also say that Bily's main strength is his shooting and scoring, now to do this, he needs his left foot - ie cutting in from the right.

So we should be able to eliminate the LM position - short of injury to Pienaar.

So with only RM and AM left, well which ones best.

Well imo a winger should be able to cross and shoot with either foot, they should be able to counter, move with pace, run at defenders, strike fear into the oppositions defence. Bily does not do that. He's hardly any of that really...

...So surely, that points to AM, he suits it perfectly, AM he can still shoot, get into them goal scoring positions he did last year, still use his bit of skill to get past players.

So er...i think the main question id ask Moyes is, why havnt we tried to play him there? And actually more importantly, why ruin the left side partnership?

Not left mid.

Pienaar couldn't prodcue anything on the right, but as soon as he switched to the left he got Baines through and he would have been able to cross had he not been slide tackled from behind. It's one thing Bily not playing well, it's another compromising one of our best players to make room for Bily.

Stick him on the right. See if he has any joy. He looked like he had no confidence though. Moyes needs to shake him.

He should have at least switched Billy and Pienaar over a few times, not leave it till the 80th minute.

Anytime Cahill takes a knock or his injured Billy should get stuck in there, agreed.

He should play on the right. His technique and long range shooting are clearly his best attributes, let him cut in and shoot.

He's got the attributes to play as a 'number 10' but not the movement, you look at a player like Pienaar, always moving and making angles for players in possession, Bilya doesn't offer that, he's too static.

If he's not playing well, and he's not at the moment, then he's [Poor language removed] and shouldn't be in the team at all. I still classify him as a 'forward', I don't think his game would change all that much wherever he played to be honest.

If he's not playing well, and he's not at the moment, then he's [Poor language removed] and shouldn't be in the team at all. I still classify him as a 'forward', I don't think his game would change all that much wherever he played to be honest.

But alot of the same stuff was said about Fellaini. "He's slow" "Been here for more than a season and he's useless" "Only good for goals" etc etc...

...Just give him till the end of this season i reckon.

Confidence player. It looks like when he fcuks up early in a game he goes from bad to worse.

Casting my mind back to the YouTube videos when he arrived, I think he played most on the left side of a CM pairing - breaking out when he got the opportunity and getting goals.

But alot of the same stuff was said about Fellaini. "He's slow" "Been here for more than a season and he's useless" "Only good for goals" etc etc...

...Just give him till the end of this season i reckon.

I didn't say he was a [Poor language removed] player mate, I said when he's not playing well he's [Poor language removed]. If he's on form he's quality, because all the little things that he tries come off, rather than the tripping over his own feet or playing a pass to no one that we saw today.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the same physical gifts to fall back on as Fellaini, that's all I'll say about that.

We shouldn't give the lad too much stick considering two of the most effective and creative players in the league (Pienaar and Arteta) collectively did sod all between them.

Arteta was the big letdown. Does he think he just has to stick a foot on the ball against the likes of Wolves and they stand back and admire him? Bit more workrate required from him methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.