The new manager will be chosen by the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's going to set up a glitzy saturday come manage us with a dance off sytle show that lets the people vote then he pic's the wrong one anyway.
Give up Bill you won't let the fans choose you'll just let them believe they did to save your skin, as said before,

It's shocking that a club as great as ours doesn't have a plan B.

simon-cowell.jpg

I'm more shocked that Kenwright was shocked at Moyes 'shock' departure.....if the Board didn't have an inkling he was going and consequently haven't been talking with potential replacements for the last 6-12 months what hope do we have.

Surely, when Wigan thrashed us 3-0 in the Cup the bunch of gormless goons were taking note.

I heard that Martinez and Jones of Wigan described the result and the perfomance that day as "the finishing touches to (their) CV"...........

bill.kenwright@kenwright.com

Said he'd listen to the feel of supporters opinions. Let's see shall we.

My email that I sent to Kenwright just.

Dear Mr Kenwright,

I write to you as a concerned Evertonian wanting only the best for his club, your club and the club that means so much to so many of us all around the world. It is with mounting concern that I have been watching events unfold today to the stage where Mr Neil Lennon has become the outright favourite with the bookmakers to be appointed the next permanent manager of Everton. This in my eyes, would be a terrible appointment for the club.

Mr Lennon is a controversial character to say the least. His disciplinary record is far from exemplary and his behaviour at times has been nothing short of petulant and aggressive. However, my main concern is that tactically, he is some way short of the required standard of a Premier League club, especially one which is challenging in the upper reaches of the table.

One victory against Barcelona does not make up for countless failings in games his team, assembled at 10 times the cost of any other in the SPL and with resources beyond the wildest dreams of other Scottish clubs, should be winning comfortably. In a league where his side would usually have a 50-50 chance of winning the title, he has only managed to win it since the financial collapse of Rangers.

If I may be frank with you Bill, you've said you would listen to the feelings of the fans on this. I would urge you to have someone on your staff review the social media outlets of Twitter and Facebook to see how strong the feeling amongst Evertonians is against the appointment of someone like Mr Lennon. Similiarly, you'd see that almost universally no one wants to see Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce or Martin O' Neill anywhere near our wonderful club. We're better than that and you know it.

I thank you for taking the time to read this Bill, I appreciate demands on your time must be rather high at a time like this. Even if you don't have the time to reply to this, I implore you please, please please, do not make such a massive mistake with the future of our club.

Yours sincerely

Bluejock (didn't actually call myself that)

Evertonian of almost 30 years.

I can see him coming out at half time against west ham and asking everyone to shout out who they want. They he will just say "I heard someone say Phill Neville" and then Neville comes out and points at everyone
LOL. While I don't want Neville he's not even the scariest option. I'm just assuming he wouldn't be good because he has no experience; there are other candidates I think won't work out because they DO have experience and have therefore confirmed they can't do well in the Prem.

bill.kenwright@kenwright.com Said he'd listen to the feel of supporters opinions. Let's see shall we.
If BK is hiring someone based on how fans will react before we've even kicked a ball in training under that manager's leadership then he is approaching this entirely the wrong way.

How do you "listen to the fans" in a practical sense? We are reasonably united on who we don't want but pretty divided on who we do want. Actually here is a quick test:

Question: Is candidate a realistic option for EFC?

If answer is yes: Fans hate him.

If answer is "are you insane why would he manage Everton?": Fans like him.

Someone like Martinez is some people's first choice and other people's worst nightmare. To which set of fans do you listen?

For all we know they've spoken with Laudrup and he's not interested (or the comp is a no-go). He's the front-runner by a massive margin in the poll here on GoT. 40% or so want him in our poll. So 40% of the votes could be garbage from the off since we are working on incomplete information.

The best option might be a relative unknown. The majority of fans haven't heard about him so don't mention him. Doesn't mean it's a bad hire.

Even if he was being genuine I'm not sure how helpful we as fans would be in the process. In fact we could be a negative. If they picked Neville the fan reaction would be overwhelmingly negative ... but we don't actually know. We could be completely wrong and he's the best option. Unlikely I grant you ... but what about Martinez? I think he's a bad choice but who knows. I think Laudrup is a good shout ... but maybe he'd be terrible ... I don't really know. Hell Mourinho could come here and get us relegated when it turns out he's horrible at doing the "no budget" thing.

So basically ... screw the fans. ;) You've been doing it for over a decade Billy why stop now? Make the best decision regardless of how it will be perceived on day one. Just not Lennon. Or Martinez. Or ... oh I can't help myself.

Last edited:
Ring his office up 020 7446 6200 haha I seen someone post it on Facebook and so i rang it an left a message with the receptionist ha

Status
Not open for further replies.