The Lescott Poll

Sell Lescott, Play Lescott or Ruin Lescott

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lescott's time at Goodison came to an end when he submitted his transfer request.

Everton supporters are proud to be Blue and moreover, loyal. Lescott took money over loyalty (and at the reported doubling of wages, who amongst us would not).

That being said, his time is done. Everton supporters will never square this with Lescott. Regardless of the cash benefit to Everton (and that supposes the cash benefit goes to Moyes), he'll never earn back the respect he once basked in. He'll always be the one that wanted to get away.

So be it. Good luck, good health and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Off you go - when you've retired to your golden throne, you'll see the error of your ways. Money only goes so far - best hope you don't see Cahill out in a pub two years from now - you might find yourself on the short end of a kangaroo wollop. One that is well deserved.

Id keep him for the season, theres more then money at stake here and the timing isnt great for us.

He is a coward to, handing in a transfer request then pissing of with England.

Quite a tough one. I think he needs to be on his way, because I dont think fans on Saturday will be too happy with him. But we dont have any defensive cover and without Lescott we'd be losing our best defender thats fit.

Its decisions like these which only Moyes can make. He'd have to have a good idea of how he'd spend that money wisely and very quickly if he let Lescott go. I also think if Lescott stays then we'll probably just get on with it and forget about this whole transfer saga.

I don't believe "Lescott out - Senderos, Defour/Mout etc in" can happen in the time left I voted to keep him and play him. Lescott can go in January when Standard Liege (and Sporting?) are out of the CL and we can get our targets.

Given the situation with Jags out til november I hope we keep him and ship him away in january or next summer OR a deal where we get Richards/Onouha+cash (even better, a deal with Arsenal where we get Senderos+cash). Yesterday I was all "sell, sell, sell", I guess I've calmed down a bit.

i think we should keep him and play him until 9 30 pm on 31st of this month in that time find and buy cover at 930 fone mc and say you can have him for 35 mill no negotiations if he goes he geos with a whopping profit i they choke on the price tough he stays looking like a fool

agreed

I think we're gonna hang on to him til deadline day... thats when the pressure to buy gets ratcheted up. It happened to us over Fellaini last year, it's time for us to play hard ball this year.

you gotta let him go now, not worth keeping a player if he wants to go. what buggers me is moyes still wants him to stay and carrying on playing like nothing has happened, like Lescott is gonna be 100% committed to us now on or off the pitch, he's clearly stated thats he doesn't want to stay so why not let him go

Yeah we may be short for the arsenal game on saturday but we make do with Rodwell, would want someone playing who is committed to the club than some prick who just wants a few more pennies in his pocket we still got 19 days left to get someone in with the money we sell Lescott for.

The decision's already made. Moyes has rejected Joleon's transfer request and the club has made it clear that he's not for sale. The Times and other papers may still be reporting that City are hoping to sign him, but according to today's Echo this is not the case and City have all but given up the chase.

Let's hope that Joleon accepts the inevitable sooner rather than later and reaffirms his commitment to the club which has helped him to fame and fortune.

For us, I think the debate can now begin as to whether the club's strategy of hanging on to our key players at all costs was the right one, or whether we should have looked to sell Lescott at the right price earlier in the summer and plough the money back into the transfer kitty.

I stand by Moyes on this and telling the cheque wavers to do one.

I voted he should stay and play, the club holds the cards. I am also with UKknightbreed who made a point I made some time ago and elsewhere that this could potentially seriously damage our season.

As for Jags we will not see him match fit and playing this side of Xmas. So if we stick to our guns what City going to do? WHU have already indicated at least 18 mill for Upson. One has to ask why does Hughes so desperately want Lescott. I have seen members on here and **** him over poor performances when he played LB which is pure rubbish. He is not a LB ffs. He is one of the top CBs in the country which is why he is in the England camp.

Furthermore what is Lescott going to do if we refuse to let him go and window closes?

I stand by Moyes on this and telling the cheque wavers to do one.

I voted he should stay and play, the club holds the cards. I am also with UKknightbreed who made a point I made some time ago and elsewhere that this could potentially seriously damage our season.

As for Jags we will not see him match fit and playing this side of Xmas. So if we stick to our guns what City going to do? WHU have already indicated at least 18 mill for Upson. One has to ask why does Hughes so desperately want Lescott. I have seen members on here and **** him over poor performances when he played LB which is pure rubbish. He is not a LB ffs. He is one of the top CBs in the country which is why he is in the England camp.

Furthermore what is Lescott going to do if we refuse to let him go and window closes?

I agree with this.

Take the dough .
Oh , and , I FUKN TOLD YOU SO . DOUBTERS !!!

Alan, we said this all along mate. We know lid ;)

I wouldn't sell him in January. I think clubs are more reluctant to sell because it can unsettle your team right in the middle of the season - not only meaning we might be unsettled, but no other club might be willing to sell.

Sell him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.