The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially the call is for the board to go, purely and simply because they can be got rid of, Moshiri is a little different, he owns the club and all we can do is make life as unpleasant as possible for him, in an effort to make him more anxious to sell.

That was the same for Liverpool under Hicks & Gillette, Newcastle under Ashley, Blackpool under the Oystons, Blackburn under Venky’s, Cardiff under Vincent Tan, United under the Glazers etc etc. You’ve got to at least try and force these people out, won’t do any good saying “well they’re the owner so they’ll just sell when they want to” and then just sitting back.

Watch as we slip into the Championship.

The calls for him to leave the club will be muted. The new stadium build acts like a snake charm: it hypnotises all rational people into acquiescence.

The NSNOW lot are passionate supporters and they mean well, but IMO I think the blunderbuss approach to the protests has added to the maelstrom that's relegated this club. To save the club this season, we needed after the Wolves game protests against the manager and a demand for spending in the January.

They were the only things that should have been getting agitated for mid-season.
To be fair I think with the 6 week break after getting battered twice by Bournemouth we all just kind of just expected the board to have at least a couple of players lined up. Obviously everyone forgot that they do not work on a common sense basis.

If you would, tell me what specific mistakes (and I agree there will be many of them) over the last 7 years that have been made by the board of the club that taken together has us in the bottom two of the PL.

These strategic goals you talk about: what concretely are they?

In reality BK's role is to act as a figurehead and DBB is there to continue her role as positioning the club as an all round good egg in the locality and prove that she's "across" all the latest industry developments governance-wise.

As I said earlier: the stadium is the only thing of note that Moshiri relies on others for...not the board, the officers of the club. The major calls on all other matters he makes.
Not disagreeing with either side but I’d like to point out that the blame for this disaster falls equally and solely on every member of the board and Mosh. Each and everyone of them is complicit in this mess and regardless of what they’ve each been doing or how “busy” they’ve apparently been 24/7 on the phones “trying”, it’s not been good enough and ultimately they’ve all got to go.

End of the day, we were never going to spend any money no matter all the frustration leading up to deadline day. It was like watching a slow motion car crash for the 20th year running where you already knew what was going to happen but the sadist inside you is up at 11 watching four blearts talking nonsense on SSN. It’s the hope that kills you.

This whole situation won’t change until they are all gone from this club. The reality is that they don’t care about us or the club, just their own personal interests and self preservation.

Looking forward to the peaceful protests tomorrow and supporting the team

As Dave Kelly at EFCSA said yesterday - lets be "vocal,stay classy & peaceful"

Dave Kelly, whilst I don't agree with him on everything (nobody does with others), is one of the finest blues and people around and is involved in supporting literally 000's of people on Merseyside. Hence I have a lot of time for the man.

Thats not the point im making, im not defending the board and if you check my post history you will see me cautioning about mismanagement, wasting money, losses etc - while the cool thing to do was say "well its not my money".

Im not arguing in favour of the board - what im saying is the time to challenge that and protest was wrong, ev3ents became uncontrollable escalated and impacted the perception of the club - we absolutely disagree - the toxic dynamic created absolutely impacted the wellbeing of the club, both sides are culpable.

Ive no axe to grind with the the protest groups, they can protest every day now, in fact i hope they do - now is the right time, in January it was the wrong time, about the wrong issues and it disempowered us - board culpable as well - the whole thing was shocking toxic and likely to remain so - but we below our shot in Jan. Again agree to disagree.
No i know. I have read your posts for many years and i just wanted you to clarify a bit more. We all want the same thing really we just see things from different points of view. I do think that if the board had communicated with the fanbase like the people involved in this little discussion have, relations between board and supporters wouldnt be so toxic.

Looking at how a yo-yo club like Fulham are now riding high in the Premier League, while we’re extremely likely to go down…

We’re one of only 6 clubs to have been in the Premier League for every year of its existence, and while the other 5 (+ Man City) have cemented their positions in the top positions year after year, we are about to drop out of the league.

That alone points to massive mismanagement over the last 30 years. It should be as unimaginable at this stage for us to be relegated as it is for someone like Arsenal, because the Premier League is so rich and we’ve been an ever-present. Not competing for high league positions and trophies is bad enough, but actually dropping out of the league? Scandalous mismanagement.

Looking forward to the peaceful protests tomorrow and supporting the team

As Dave Kelly at EFCSA said yesterday - lets be "vocal,stay classy & peaceful"

Dave Kelly, whilst I don't agree with him on everything (nobody does with others), is one of the finest blues and people around and is involved in supporting literally 000's of people on Merseyside. Hence I have a lot of time for the man.

Damo, I seem to remember you being VERY anti-Blue Union back in the day.

Game keeper turned poacher, eh? :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.