The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Football 365 Big Weekend feature:

"For that reason, the board will feel Goodison’s wrath. Will any of them turn up to face it this week, or will they again make a very public point about giving the game a miss amid reports of threats to their safety? None of which they felt necessary to mention to the police."
They've used the headlock diversion
Bet it'll be either Billy got a nippy pinch or Moshi got a wedgy
The plot thickens...and Thelwell slipped on it perhaps?

The thing is the board will always be able to find some Tweet off a divvy who is actually threatening them, and can then weaponise that against the entire fanbase to paint them all as blood thirsty thugs, which the media will of course lap up.

? no mate I’m not agreeing with you.

What I’m saying is each board member has specific roles within the club structure and each role has a number of responsibilities.

It’s Bills job as chairman to ensure that all board members and directors are performing well and delivering on their set goals.

In effect they manage the club on behalf of the owner and major shareholder Moshiri - that’s how most businesses are set up. Moshiri doesn’t need to be involved, the board should all be working toward the strategic goals he sets out.

Problem is the board is dysfunctional and badly led hence the chaos. It’s Bills job to ensure everyone’s doing what they should be doing. He should review their performance set new goals and apply proper governance and control.

To brush off Kenwright’s role as insignificant is wrong - he should be playing a major role but because he’s not the whole thing is failing.

Denise isn’t doing her job properly and neither is Kenwright so we are failing as a business.

This is the fault of both the board for being useless and also Moshiri for a/appointing them in the first place
b/not sacking them

To say this is all Moshiri’s fault is basically bollox.
If you would, tell me what specific mistakes (and I agree there will be many of them) over the last 7 years that have been made by the board of the club that taken together has us in the bottom two of the PL.

These strategic goals you talk about: what concretely are they?

In reality BK's role is to act as a figurehead and DBB is there to continue her role as positioning the club as an all round good egg in the locality and prove that she's "across" all the latest industry developments governance-wise.

As I said earlier: the stadium is the only thing of note that Moshiri relies on others for...not the board, the officers of the club. The major calls on all other matters he makes.

The thing is the board will always be able to find some Tweet off a divvy who is actually threatening them, and can then weaponise that against the entire fanbase to paint them all as blood thirsty thugs, which the media will of course lap up.

Then just stick to the truth. It was a tweet by one divvy. Not thousands of fans.

The call is though for him to hire better and more able people, not for him to leave.
Initially the call is for the board to go, purely and simply because they can be got rid of, Moshiri is a little different, he owns the club and all we can do is make life as unpleasant as possible for him, in an effort to make him more anxious to sell.

You'll of noticed that in my tweets DD

We have seen continual attempts to push a narrative by the club, any time they do we jump on that attempt with corrections to the narrative. Its causing the likes of David Prentice to, it appears 'act out' in the press room today.

The protests tomorrow must be peaceful and disciplined. David Prentice today seems have to been trying to stir things up in the press room with alleged comments on former FAB and FF members. No one is falling for any of this now. Its really poor and it shows just how powerless they are at this point

I would suggest DD to continue to ask:

Why was Bill Kenwright missing in the Boxing Day game against Wolves? (he did not attend)

Why has Bill Kenwright only been seen once in public during January 2023 at the West Ham away game?

Its not for the smokescreen reasons of violence and 'headlock gate' that the club communications team are trying to suggest

There is a reason and the club are hiding it and it would be nice to see some questions on that point answered.

Ask the important questions! @GrandOldTeam members

Initially the call is for the board to go, purely and simply because they can be got rid of, Moshiri is a little different, he owns the club and all we can do is make life as unpleasant as possible for him, in an effort to make him more anxious to sell.

That was the same for Liverpool under Hicks & Gillette, Newcastle under Ashley, Blackpool under the Oystons, Blackburn under Venky’s, Cardiff under Vincent Tan, United under the Glazers etc etc. You’ve got to at least try and force these people out, won’t do any good saying “well they’re the owner so they’ll just sell when they want to” and then just sitting back.

Ted knows the score.

carefulnow1.jpg

That was the same for Liverpool under Hicks & Gillette, Newcastle under Ashley, Blackpool under the Oystons, Blackburn under Venky’s, Cardiff under Vincent Tan, United under the Glazers etc etc. You’ve got to at least try and force these people out, won’t do any good saying “well they’re the owner so they’ll just sell when they want to” and then just sitting back.
My point exactly, pressurize him, get the board out, make his life uncomfortable and see how much appetite he has to hold out for a good price then. His exit strategy has been, for a long time now, get the stadium built and then sell up. I think that if the protests continue and the board are eventually driven out, he won't have the appetite to stick around for too long without his human shield. He may well revise his sellout figure to something more realistic.

To be honest with you, if it was a toss up between him going now and us having to stay at Goodison or him staying for another couple of years whilst we slide into division 1, playing in our shiny new stadium...I would choose option one every time. My big worry is that we move to Bramley Moore, Moshiri sells up, but, retains ownership of the stadium because he can't get the price he wants. If that were to happen while we still have Goodison, it would be bad enough, if it was after Goodison has gone, it would be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.