The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criticising the protests is playing right into the board's hands. They will love that and use it to divide the fanbase (again). The protesters aren't the reason that no players want to join us (granted the imbecilic chasing of players' cars after Southampton didn't help but that was more about the result), it is the signals that have been sent out by the board that the club is in a deep financial crisis meaning that relegation is all but imminent. It's a bit rich for fans groups to be blamed for protesting against this.

Given the number of different groups involved it was never going to organised to perfection, but they did a good job given the circumstances and the club's press release earlier in the day re Headlockgate. This is the culmination of many years of mismanagement, not the events of our last home game.

The blame lies 100% with the board and owner of Everton Football Club.
Do u have any evidence that the lads having a go at the players outside the ground where even Blues or been the game? There a group of idiots who just cause trouble outside both grounds every week

Yeah I agree the board is a waste of space, but at this point they aren't making any real decisions. Bill should have gone years ago, Denise is in over her head and Sharp well what he does is anyone's guess however the real issue is Moshiri. Not sure how some fans don't see that. He's the one calling the shots, writing the cheques and making the final decisions.

I think because he is delivering on the stadium he is given some slack, but it's in his interest to finish that stadium without it he doesn't recoup any money!
That's why he's never been - up until recently - in the cross hairs of protestors.

Most people with any sense saw early that he was a menace to this club. His erratic decision making and intervention into football matters where he had no right to be, and his dodgy connections, have stripped away a culture of calm discipline and the status the club enjoyed amongst peers. We were always going to reach a point of reckoning with him.

He seduced so many people at this club for so long that even now the people organising the current protests are still asking him to sort the club out.

Last edited:

Chong reports directly to Denise. So Denise calls the shots and Chong does as he’s told.

On a day-to-day basis Bill is supposed to lead the board in their strategic goals, and provide governance. In his role he is supposed to review the performance of Denise, Chong, Thelwell, Sharp and Ingles. This absolutely isn’t happening.

Board members and directors are not delivering and Bill isn’t managing them at all. Meanwhile Mosh couldn’t give a toss and is only interested in the stadium getting built so he can sell and move on.

The whole circus needs burning to the ground - all of them are culpable in bringing our club to its knees.
That's basically a round about way of agreeing with me that they're useless at what little is being asked of them. They dont represent an existential threat to this club in the way that Moshiri does.

It's just annoyng that we've seen the club go up in flames because a few flunkies have been targeted as the reason the club is so dysfunctional, when any honest appraisal of where our instability comes from starts and ends with Farhad Moshiri.

Oh I’m not backing the administration one bit mate. The only point I’m making is that creating a cival war in the middle of January was poorly timed, planned and executed - to give us any chance of staying up. I’m criticising all involved for the toxic dynamic at the worst possible time. Not even arsed.

People can protest their brains out now, I don’t mind, but One side is as bad as the other in scuppering us through Jan in practical terms, nothing good came of it, absolute manure show from all involved and the clubs well-being is the worse for it because of the toxic dynamic created and that takes two.

Like what was the point….everyone says they want what’s best for the club….but every side absolutely disempowered our chances due to that toxic dynamic and atmosphere created.

Right idea, wrong time.
A when the best time?… hate this wrong time rubbish

That's basically a round about way of agreeing with me that they're useless at what little is being asked of them. They dont represent an existential threat to this club in the way that Moshiri does.

It's just annoyng that we've seen the club go up in flames because a few flunkies have been targeted as the reason the club is so dysfunctional, when any honest appraisal of where our instability comes from starts and ends with Farhad Moshiri.
? no mate I’m not agreeing with you.

What I’m saying is each board member has specific roles within the club structure and each role has a number of responsibilities.

It’s Bills job as chairman to ensure that all board members and directors are performing well and delivering on their set goals.

In effect they manage the club on behalf of the owner and major shareholder Moshiri - that’s how most businesses are set up. Moshiri doesn’t need to be involved, the board should all be working toward the strategic goals he sets out.

Problem is the board is dysfunctional and badly led hence the chaos. It’s Bills job to ensure everyone’s doing what they should be doing. He should review their performance set new goals and apply proper governance and control.

To brush off Kenwright’s role as insignificant is wrong - he should be playing a major role but because he’s not the whole thing is failing.

Denise isn’t doing her job properly and neither is Kenwright so we are failing as a business.

This is the fault of both the board for being useless and also Moshiri for a/appointing them in the first place
b/not sacking them

To say this is all Moshiri’s fault is basically bollox.

? no mate I’m not agreeing with you.

What I’m saying is each board member has specific roles within the club structure and each role has a number of responsibilities.

It’s Bills job as chairman to ensure that all board members and directors are performing well and delivering on their set goals.

In effect they manage the club on behalf of the owner and major shareholder Moshiri - that’s how most businesses are set up. Moshiri doesn’t need to be involved, the board should all be working toward the strategic goals he sets out.

Problem is the board is dysfunctional and badly led hence the chaos. It’s Bills job to ensure everyone’s doing what they should be doing. He should review their performance set new goals and apply proper governance and control.

To brush off Kenwright’s role as insignificant is wrong - he should be playing a major role but because he’s not the whole thing is failing.

Denise isn’t doing her job properly and neither is Kenwright so we are failing as a business.

This is the fault of both the board for being useless and also Moshiri for a/appointing them in the first place
b/not sacking them

To say this is all Moshiri’s fault is basically bollox.

It is all Moshiri’s fault. He’s had 7 years to replace them and continues to show no intention of doing so, he repeatedly comes out and backs them and says he’s pleased with the job they’re doing.

I have alwa
9 times out of 10, "not the right time" is a convenient excuse used because someone doesn't want something to be done at any time, but doesn't want to say that.
[/QUOTE
I have always worked by the maxim, 'there's no time like the present' my dad always told me that and, during the course of my long life, it has proved to be good advice. See a problem, address it, today, now, not when it won't upset people's sensibilities. They're on the ropes now, we are, in all likelihood, going down anyway, so...we should keep our foot on their throats.

It is all Moshiri’s fault. He’s had 7 years to replace them and continues to show no intention of doing so, he repeatedly comes out and backs them and says he’s pleased with the job they’re doing.
He’s a bellend for sure, but if you analyse exactly why we’re failing then the board are also to blame.

The lot of them (Moshiri and the board) all need to go before we can properly get out of this mess, but for now I’ll settle for Bill and Denise getting volleyed

Club Board declares war on the club's fans and you have people blaming the fans for protesting in the first place.

No wonder we are where we are.

There can be two answers here. The board did a despicable thing, both with timing and content of the message to try and distract/deflect blame as always from the protest taking place after the match. They miscalculated and caused it to escalate 100 fold and bring much of that negative spotlight upon us. Blame very much on them.

I didn't wholeheartedly support the protests but I understand why the supporters felt the need to do so, so I was kind of on the fence about it. However I did fear the risk of one or two off message supporters pulling a stunt which would reflect badly on the club as a whole and from my point of view these protests just back Moshiri into a corner making it more difficult to actually sell up than before. Thus harming the cause as obviously there is something Kenwright has on him which means he cannot just be booted out for an easy win.

To that point have the fans made it easier or harder for the club in January? The answer is a resounding harder. Forget the board for a moment, without the bad publicity would we have done a bit better in the transfer window and again in my opinion it would have been yes. That would have given us the best chance of having the tools available to stay up. As mad as it sounds I believe Lampard probably wouldn't have been the fall guy at that moment in time, which would mean Danjuma and potentially other targets he had spoken to coming before the window closed. Of course he still probably gets the sack a few matches later but we could have had a calmer window.

The mitigating factor is there is never a good time to protest, after Feb had we got new players would then have been the time and so on...however this was a VERY critical time in our existence and the fans made a situation already made bad by our owners worse. So they/we also have to take a slice of the blame and the predicament we find ourselves in.

I don't think Kenwright can ever come to Goodison again in the capacity he is in now which should make him question his position. The ultimate overall question will be was it all worth it, to know the likely negative press may hamper us and thus make it harder to stay in the PL. If we stay up and Kenwright and co leave then it's a resounding yes, if we stay up and Kenwright stays - unsure, if we go down and Kenwright leaves again unsure, if we go down and he stays until Moshiri finally leaves then it would have all been for nothing and worse we would have had a hand in that downfall however small.

Status
Not open for further replies.