The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are still incorporating the fans into the media frenzy of the word toxic.

My earlier post looked at the root of this & the reaction which you fail to acknowledge.

Again did the board envisage the reaction to be what it was ?

If they did and it was calculated , then then that puts them in an untenable position & signifies there is far deeper problems within the club.

This is not on the fanbase mate.

My point isn't about who started it, its the impact of the confrontation. The two forces coming together and what it created and the impact - thats where we differ.

I also dont accept that the majority of the "fans" are part of the protest group in fact the minority are rightly or wrongly - the majority of the fans may want to bring about change in the administration of the club - i do - but that doesn't mean all fans are on board with what happened with the timings, logics, leaderships, events and decsions etc in January.

Take myself and Dave as a sample - we've made good reasoned points in this thread - the protest group doesn't speak for or represent all fans, lets be clear on that and not put everyone other that one banner. They aren't above critique - nor i assume would they want to be.

Kenwright has been mentioned as involved in both the interview process for the manager, and by Dyche yesterday in terms of recruitment. He's the chairman of a massive football club so I can't possibly believe he has no authority or responsibility. It's not an honorary role he holds. And the owner of the club certainly doesn't appear to be heavily involved in a day to day basis either.
The biggest problems for this club have been caused by

1/ hiring managers and not backing the decent ones and firing them
2/ hiring directors of football who have all been ineffectual
3/ outside associations with nefarious characters that have brought the club into disrepute

All three are down to the owner.

WTF we're all dying on the hill of getting a bunch of puppets on the board out for I have no idea.

3/ outside associations with nefarious characters that have brought the club into disrepute

WTF we're all dying on the hill of getting a bunch of puppets on the board out for I have no idea.

Moshiri takes the majority of the blame as the owner of the club - no argument from me on that one. But there is plenty of blame to spread around.

I also think it's pretty clear at this point that the DOF role is a meaningless role at Everton as they do not have final say on recruitment. If we are going to have Moshiri and Kenwright involved, then there is no point to having a sporting director.

Moshiri
Board
Chairman

All of them need to go before the club will ever start to move forward.

My point isn't about who started its the impact of the confrontation. The two forces coming together and what it created and the impact - thats where we differ.

I also dont accept that the majority of the "fans" are part of the protest group in fact the minority are rightly or wrongly - the majority of the fans may want to bring about change in the administration of the club - but that doesn't mean all fans are on board with what happened with the timing etc in January.

Take myself and Dave as a sample - we've made good reasoned points in this thread - the protest group doesn't speak for or represent all fans, lets be clear on that and not put everyone other that banner. They aren't above critique - nor i assume would they want to be.
We have an old saying around these parts mate.

Do you know what happens when you do nothing ?......Nothing.

You have changed your tac more than a few times in your posts , and you are quite entitled to do so. But you still keep coming back to fans being part of the process of making it toxic. Sorry but I'm not having any of that.
If you want to listen to Jeff Stelling , Alan Brazil & even some of our local press that's up to you.
I'm firmly of the opinion that what Ian Wright & even Carragher put out is the real story.

So best park this mate.

Moshiri takes the majority of the blame as the owner of the club - no argument from me on that one. But there is plenty of blame to spread around.

I also think it's pretty clear at this point that the DOF role is a meaningless role at Everton as they do not have final say on recruitment. If we are going to have Moshiri and Kenwright involved, then there is no point to having a sporting director.

Moshiri
Board
Chairman

All of them need to go before the club will ever start to move forward.
And its only latterly that Moshiri has been in the firing line...well over 6 years into his ownership when it's been abundantly obvious he's been the central problem of the club.

Remember that as recent as last season the 27 Minute group were imploring Moshiri to get the house in order? Not go, just clean house.

Yeah I agree the board is a waste of space, but at this point they aren't making any real decisions. Bill should have gone years ago, Denise is in over her head and Sharp well what he does is anyone's guess however the real issue is Moshiri. Not sure how some fans don't see that. He's the one calling the shots, writing the cheques and making the final decisions.

I think because he is delivering on the stadium he is given some slack, but it's in his interest to finish that stadium without it he doesn't recoup any money!

You have changed your tac more than a few times in your posts , and you are quite entitled to do so. But you still keep coming back to fans being part of the process of making it toxic. Sorry but I'm not having any of that.
If you want to listen to Jeff Stelling , Alan Brazil & even some of our local press that's up to you.
I'm firmly of the opinion that what Ian Wright & even Carragher put out is the real story.

So best park this mate.

Ok mate agree to differ! ;)

Yeah I agree the board is a waste of space, but at this point they aren't making any real decisions. Bill should have gone years ago, Denise is in over her head and Sharp well what he does is anyone's guess however the real issue is Moshiri. Not sure how some fans don't see that. He's the one calling the shots, writing the cheques and making the final decisions.

I think because he is delivering on the stadium he is given some slack, but it's in his interest to finish that stadium without it he doesn't recoup any money!
I think people see it fine but you can make changes to the board a lot easier than you can in finding a new owner for the club. Nobody is going to buy or even invest in the club until they know more of what the clubs league status is. Moshiri could fire/hire people on the board on Monday morning (in theory) if he really wanted to.

It would only take a decent journalist with a modium of investigative skills to obtain evidence of why every transfer target turned the club down. The players, agents and other clubs could be given anonymity for the truth of Everton's failure to sign one single player. It would appear there is some evidence it is because of trying to deal with the Everton hierarchy. Similarly evidence, if it was a factor, could also be produced that players refused to sign because of concerns about alleged behaviour by fans.

Meanwhile, apart from Gordon, whose transfer may well have taken place pre-season (but didn't and he has angled for a move since), none of the remaining players in the squad have publicly voiced that they wanted out due to concerns about the fans ... including Big Yerry. Mind, they are all on a decent wedge they'd probably not get elsewhere.

The over-riding issue of toxicity is between the owner and the Board, the fans are just fed up with the perennial failures to improve the club and the performance of the team.

How is any of the issues the supporters fault?!

You know what cures the toxic environment at the club - every director (including the DoF) and the comms manager Prenno resigning with immediate effect. Watch how the mood improves then. Get some competent football people in to replace them and the club improves immediately.

If the owner sold up that would be the cherry on the cake, but just removing the rats nest out of our club would make things better, this second.

The distraction for fans and the players is gone ,the stink of festering decay and lies is blown away.

The only other way is for the fans to avoid the everything Everton and just give up - we don’t survive if that happens.

The protests have to continue, otherwise what was the point of it all? Do we care about what we are fighting for if we just stop?

So best park this mate.

Spot on mate. The second you bow down to tyrants, they can do whatever they want to you. Power to the people, we need to take back this club.

We're going round in circles:

As I see it - Thelwell handles the transfers; Chong handles the stadium; Moshiri handles the major hirings and firings (managers and DoF).

BK's allowed to try and schmooze a bit on the phone with agents and DBB attends industry junkets - and the club's on fire over that?

Pffft!
Chong reports directly to Denise. So Denise calls the shots and Chong does as he’s told.

On a day-to-day basis Bill is supposed to lead the board in their strategic goals, and provide governance. In his role he is supposed to review the performance of Denise, Chong, Thelwell, Sharp and Ingles. This absolutely isn’t happening.

Board members and directors are not delivering and Bill isn’t managing them at all. Meanwhile Mosh couldn’t give a toss and is only interested in the stadium getting built so he can sell and move on.

The whole circus needs burning to the ground - all of them are culpable in bringing our club to its knees.

People have a go at the Sharp appointment but Bill needed someone else on the board at the time. Mike Parry was even considered so be thankful for Sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.