The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember the feller's name?
I also remember this story, and if I’m not mistaken the fella in question sat right by me in the Street End, along with his son.

He was an absolutely lovely bloke as well. I don’t know the full ins-and-outs of the story but the broad strokes outlined in those tweets match my own recollections.

Sadly, I can’t remember the bloke’s name! Actually, that’s not strictly true, as I think I remember his first name but I don’t want to put it on here if (a) it’s wrong or (b) the fella himself doesn’t want to revisit what was an appalling time for him personally.

I do hope someone decides to engage in some actual journalism and take the tweeter up on their offer though!

You’re absolutely missing the point, I’m not arsed about who was right or wrong, or whataboutary. The priority was the well-being of the club. What would have been a Iva ke and productive was to protest about what would improve the well being of the club, signing players, getting results. Tension built based on results was channelled away from that immediate priority. I don’t care who the owner or the board is, or who’s got a twitter following once Everton’s welfare is ok.

The Dynamic between both administration and protest grouo turned the atmosphere in and outside the club toxic - that is evident, we’re in the media as a basket case every two mins, the videos all over social media. That dynamic regardless what you belive undermined the club.

Youd have to be pretty oblivious to think, that players wanting to leave, players picking Southampton over us, bang average players just giving us a fat no wasn't down to the toxicity surrounded by the club created by the cival war dynamic, we had a shot to improve - it was January and your fooling yourself if you think the dynamic didn’t influence the torpedoing of it, of course it did. We got worse because of it, do you think we got better……

The only looser in the im right, you’re wrong, he said, she said, cival war was Everton. The outcome of January is there, what was improved, what was achieved. Nothing we got worse and be a miracle if we’re not relegated.
Still wasn't the fans fault no matter how spin it as 'all sides are to blame to an extent'. Yes the toxic atmosphere is the reason, but it was the board that added fuel the the toxicity by issuing their statement about not attending the match and Headlockgate on the morning of the game, thereby declaring civil war.

You can't defend the indefensible.

The support wants blood Neiler, and I don't blame em, 8 months ago this support shed blood and was the greatest on the planet, 7 months later its violent and attacking the woman on the board.

It's a big fat no from me, up the toxicity, the players had the chance to stay and play or leave for elsewhere summer and this January - times up, this race is run, and theres a lot pissed off that this scandal has been actively encouraged. Down with the board and all their phonies cronies and shysters.

Time's up.

Oh I’m not backing the administration one bit mate. The only point I’m making is that creating a cival war in the middle of January was poorly timed, planned and executed - to give us any chance of staying up. I’m criticising all involved for the toxic dynamic at the worst possible time. Not even arsed.

People can protest their brains out now, I don’t mind, but One side is as bad as the other in scuppering us through Jan in practical terms, nothing good came of it, absolute manure show from all involved and the clubs well-being is the worse for it because of the toxic dynamic created and that takes two.

Like what was the point….everyone says they want what’s best for the club….but every side absolutely disempowered our chances due to that toxic dynamic and atmosphere created.

Right idea, wrong time.

Last edited:
Oh I’m not backing the administration one bit mate. The only point I’m making is that creating a cival war in the middle of January was poorly timed, planned and executed - to give us any chance of staying up. I’m criticising all involved for the toxic dynamic at the worst possible time. Not even arsed.

People can protest their brains out now, I don’t mind, but One side is as bad as the other in scuppering us through Jan in practical terms, nothing good came of it, absolute manure show from all involved and the clubs well-being is the worse for it because of the toxic dynamic created and that takes two.

Like what was the point….everyone says they want what’s best for the club….but every side absolutely disempowered our chances due to that toxic dynamic and atmosphere created.

Right idea, wrong time.

Some blues have been very worried since the season began, for me it's been clear as day. We've had our throats cut and now we want our turn. There isn't a business on earth that'd behave like these have to the life blood of the club. It's just a shame it isn't criminal. A scandal though.

The board and chairman are resposible for the safety and wellbeing of the club. Thats their job. The fact we are owned by a billionaire and cant spend coz of ffp shows mismanagement. The paranoia from the boardroom and the fact they cant/wont listen to supporters shows bad leadership. You have to be bigger than that. It goes with the job. If you think a few lads with flags has added to the reason we havent signed anyone we will have to agree to disagree on that. Why would the club be trying to do a £2m loan deal for sarr at watford if we had the £40m to spend from the gordon sale. Their are suggestions that the £40m had to go straight on the balance sheet and i personally believe the board knew they werent buying anybody and they misled the supporters including yourself. Again the wrong decision as its added fuel to the fire. 2 seasons running our manager has had 24 hours to get players in. Again bad mismanagement. I go back to the ntl deal and its a long long list of lies and mistakes made by kenwright. This smear campaign against the supporters is the worst of the lot for me. Its a new low for kenwright.
You’re absolutely missing the point, I’m not arsed about who was right or wrong, or whataboutary. The priority was the well-being of the club. What would have been a Iva ke and productive was to protest about what would improve the well being of the club, signing players, getting results. Tension built based on results was channelled away from that immediate priority. I don’t care who the owner or the board is, or who’s got a twitter following once Everton’s welfare is ok.

The Dynamic between both administration and protest grouo turned the atmosphere in and outside the club toxic - that is evident, we’re in the media as a basket case every two mins, the videos all over social media. That dynamic regardless what you belive undermined the club.

Youd have to be pretty oblivious to think, that players wanting to leave, players picking Southampton over us, bang average players just giving us a fat no wasn't down to the toxicity surrounded by the club created by the cival war dynamic, we had a shot to improve - it was January and your fooling yourself if you think the dynamic didn’t influence the torpedoing of it, of course it did. We got worse because of it, do you think we got better……

The only looser in the im right, you’re wrong, he said, she said, cival war was Everton. The outcome of January is there, what was improved, what was achieved. Nothing we got worse and be a miracle if we’re not relegated.

It's not "whataboutary" though is it Neiler

There is no basis to equate the protesters to the behaviour of the board members. No basis at all. I find your attempts to suggest my behaviour is equal to that of Bill Kenwright's and Denise Barrett Baxendale's offensive

I'd also state to you the protests had zero impact on January. The terms offered to clubs and players by the incompetent Everton board had all the impact. All of it. Nothing whatsoever to do with the protests.

Equally. Bill Kenwright and his "revered" board aren't the draw to players he seems to think he/they are

Other clubs do not ask themselves what would Everton do. Bill Kenwright does not "always get it right"

Last edited:

Right idea, wrong time.

One side is not as bad as the other Neiler. You simply can't say that. One side did not brief the global media of threats and violence. Then for it to turn out nothing was reported to the Police and no offences reported or clearly evidence provided.

Fmp3UMTWYAAP_RF.jpeg

You're commenting from a very uninformed position I believe, particularly in relation to the protests. You're equating fans that aren't paid a million pounds a year to board members that are but that have behaved terribly (incl. things not public yet - trust me there is things yet to come out publicly about what is going on) and they continue to do so. You're comparing them to fans that simply want the club ran properly

Who cancelled the Annual General Meeting at the club Neiler? The fans?

Your attempts to equate the protests to the behaviour of Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett Baxendale do not stand up. In any way shape or form

Right idea, wrong time.

I don't really understand your point. There was clearly no money available so the protesting had zero impact on transfer plans. They didn't intend to back whoever the manager was, and they didn't, whilst receiving a very large fee late in the window.

And I fully agree with it not being about the managers anymore. No manager can succeed under this environment, with this total lack of support. If Dyche gets us to 17th, then he's done the best job here since Moyes, and by a long way.

As tempers simmer,
There will be less vitriol written on this thread and others as the apathy creeps back in and headlockgate becomes yesterdays news.

Advocates of the board will continue to peddle their narrative everywhere.

@Damo_1878 and others are doing great work reminding people why it is utter disgusting these cretins are still around.

Don't forget. Keep it at the front and centre.
Back Everton, sack the board.

Right idea, wrong time.
Our club has been dying for 30 years.
For 30 years we have suffered failed promises of imminent resurrection.
The anger and disaffection that exists now has been bubbling below the surface for decades, just growing in intensity.
Those protests didn’t create that anger , the anger spawned the protest groups.
It existed even if no one bothered to paint a banner or organise a protest.
Your correct about the right time though, it should have happened at least ten years ago, now we’re just arguing about reanimating a rapidly decomposing corpse.
Will Mr Dyche be our Dr Frankenstein?
I doubt it,

I'd suggest instead of "park the protest" that is should be "park the criticism of the protest"

Type away paragraphs down the line on your detailed analysis of the timing

Right now I'm sure most fans are hoping the tide has really turned, the genies out the bottle and that we've started down a path to get real change at the top with Kenwright first and foremost out the door

I think many fans hoped it would happen in some moment. The longer the club went making crap and/or antagonistic decisions the more likely the fans would lose the plot. That the dam seems to have broken now is totally on the incompetent decision makers and it's IMO a waste of any fans energy nitpicking at details of protests a long time coming. Just get behind it now

I'd suggest instead of "park the protest" that is should be "park the criticism of the protest"

Type away paragraphs down the line on your detailed analysis of the timing

Right now I'm sure most fans are hoping the tide has really turned, the genies out the bottle and that we've started down a path to get real change at the top with Kenwright first and foremost out the door

I think many fans hoped it would happen in some moment. The longer the club went making crap and/or antagonistic decisions the more likely the fans would lose the plot. That the dam seems to have broken now is totally on the incompetent decision makers and it's IMO a waste of any fans energy nitpicking at details of protests a long time coming. Just get behind it now
It's a well known fact of Everton, that there will be fans who say the timing is wrong no matter when fans speak up. It's a convenient excuse for people who actually support the status quo.

Support the team, oppose the regime. You can do both at the same time, no matter how many times people claim you can't. The board know that finally after so many years, the fans are pointing the finger in their direction. No observant Everton fan could honestly believe that managers are still the main problem at this point. And the board know that too, and they don't like it.

It is our duty to support the people on the pitch who can save us on a Saturday afternoon, but it's also our duty to speak out against those in authority who make decisions which hurt the club. Fans were here before the board and owner and fans will be here after the board and owner leave the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.