The Everton Board Thread

The saddest part of all of this mess is the fact that when I think of the Everton board, just one thing comes to mind, LIARS, not even the incompetence comes to the forefront, it's just the decades of lies spun by the appalling Kenwright and his minions. I don't defend Moshiri either, I don't buy all this badly advised rubbish, he can't possibly be as stupid as he portrays himself and have his amount of money. Sooner he slings his hook the better, but, Kenwright and the board must go now.

The saddest part of all of this mess is the fact that when I think of the Everton board, just one thing comes to mind, LIARS, not even the incompetence comes to the forefront, it's just the decades of lies spun by the appalling Kenwright and his minions. I don't defend Moshiri either, I don't buy all this badly advised rubbish, he can't possibly be as stupid as he portrays himself and have his amount of money. Sooner he slings his hook the better, but, Kenwright and the board must go now.
1000% agree the board need to go today. We all know that there is a good we can go down this season. I hate to think us being in the championship with this current board. We need a leader and someone who knows how to the run the club on a day to day basis. Clear strategy that’s communicated to the fans. Wishful thinking but a new CEO who comes in and says right DOF you in charge of all football decisions. The owner the, chairman and rest of the board won’t interfere. Tweaks like this will make a massive impact going forward.

It’s interesting to deconstruct and to actually to look at the reactions and the dynamic, there has been a change this time.

Ultimately it came down to results to my mind, yes we know the personalities involved don’t like the board or Moshiri, we’ve been a financial basket case for years, we’ve made bad signings and bad appointments in the past, but I’d suggest no one would give a flyer about that if Lampard had got results from Bourmouth on - it would all be hunky dory.

Up until this point the managers have been the lightening rod the buffer or ire between the manager and administration. From Martinez right the way up to Lampard. Something changed though and I honestly, beleive it was Lampard his profile, the cult of celebrity and te perceived was “he got us” - there was so much good will weirdly for the man, that even when it became clear he was a bad manager and not up to the task, no one could get angry at him - that had to go somewhere and the leaders of the protest groups channelled it toward the board, not wholly incorrectly, but in a poorly timed, unweildly, incoherent, polarisingand uncontrollable way. But it was a reaction to results In the main and misplaced tension by the fans, we are football fans at our core. But the Lampard lightening rod thing is unique up to this point.

This is the first time the manager wasn’t the lightening rod and to be honest the administartion was lost, they hedgehogged it, leaked stuff and we were caught in a vacuum of the being afraid to act on Lampard around fear in the reaction.

The end result is both the administration and the protests through cival war and the unleashing of uncontrollable forces, compleatley undermined what ultimately was the only objective the welfare of the club, both can hold their hands up to my mind about the culpability of their actions in terms of the direct impact on the well-being of the club. There are loads of uncomfortable truths to go around,
If you remember the 27 Minute Group started their protests even under Benitez's reign - the Arsenal game in December 2021. But you're right, once Lampard got us clear at the end of last season he was always going to be an awkward customer for an increasingly unpopular board to deal with, and their sale of Richarlison glossed over the rank signings Lampard made with the cash he was handed. And people, including me, were prepared to hand Frank time to get it right on the pitch - against mounting evidence he just couldn't do the job.

That's proved fatal to our season. A manager ordinarily with his record at Everton would never have got past the World Cup. They'd have been sacked in the week after the B'mouth PL loss. He had the support he had purely because the protest groups had decided that the board had to go first - and the urgency of ridding ourselves of a failing manager was forgotten about. We lost our PL status right at that moment. Instead of looking for another manager to start a transfer window and demanding cash for that manager, the protests took on a momentum of their own - to a point where Lampard was able to even limp on to the West Ham game doing even more damage. It's so out of control that even now, when a new manager has called for unity to give him a chance with a team who's confidence is on the floor, that the protests go on. And for what? Is there any sense to continuing the protets against a board who will never get back into Goodison ever again and who's chances of surviving here into next season are pretty much nil?

Terrible leadership. History will judge it as that. A fan protest group who;s actions were that ill-focussed and governed by a sheer frustration that they allowed it to bury theoir own football club from an easily recoverable position.

There'll be plenty of time for some to reflect on their actions at leisure over the summer until the Championship season starts in July.

If you remember the 27 Minute Group started their protests even under Benitez's reign - the Arsenal game in December 2021. But you're right, once Lampard got us clear at the end of last season he was always going to be an awkward customer for an increasingly unpopular board to deal with, and their sale of Richarlison glossed over the rank signings Lampard made with the cash he was handed. And people, including me, were prepared to hand Frank time to get it right on the pitch - against mounting evidence he just couldn't do the job.

That's proved fatal to our season. A manager ordinarily with his record at Everton would never have got past the World Cup. They'd have been sacked in the week after the B'mouth PL loss. He had the support he had purely because the protest groups had decided that the board had to go first - and the urgency of ridding ourselves of a failing manager was forgotten about. We lost our PL status right at that moment. Instead of looking for another manager to start a transfer window and demanding cash for that manager, the protests took on a momentum of their own - to a point where Lampard was able to even limp on to the West Ham game doing even more damage. It's so out of control that even now, when a new manager has called for unity to give him a chance with a team who's confidence is on the floor, that the protests go on. And for what? Is there any sense to continuing the protets against a board who will never get back into Goodison ever again and who's chances of surviving here into next season are pretty much nil?

Terrible leadership. History will judge it as that. A fan protest group who;s actions were that ill-focussed and governed by a sheer frustration that they allowed it to bury theoir own football club from an easily recoverable position.

There'll be plenty of time for some to reflect on their actions at leisure over the summer until the Championship season starts in July.

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever read, especially the line highlighted

Like something the board would write themselves

The board have never been THE issue at Everton. Not this board at least. The have been largely ornamental with no determining powers.

The owner has always been the issue.

And here's the inconvenient truth: all those pitchforking the board right now were in the vanguard of welcoming Moshiri in and encouraging the spending spree on players and managerial turnovers. And they avoided criticising him and targetting him because they were petrified the stadium dream would evaporate if they turned their ire on him.

If we're taking the drop this season, then lets be absolutley truthful about who deserves a share of the blame.

You will see these self serving bastards on show in Saturday .
I will bet you,
Bill loves the limelight and his mug on the TV he will not miss the opportunity.
should stay away and let the fans and the team get behind the new manager.
but No they will show up and ruin it.
we get beat it will go toxic towards them for all the nation to see.
it will be all about the fans .
no the mess they have created.
yet another bad decision if the show up to add to the list.

The talk of Unity and parking the protests for me it is too late.That is what we did last year and here we are again fighting against relegation, it is not the fans who have picked the time it is the owner and the board with their lies and totally incompetence.
I actually think getting rid of this board and Moshiri is a bigger issue than getti g relegated. In 6 months time we could be starting the season in the championship but even worse starting the new season with these clowns in charge is unthinkable.
Support Dyche and the team by all means but we have to increase the protests.
The Board and Moshiri must go

Ah I see Dave has gone fully in on the blame the fans narrative now, sad to see.
No, that's not right.

I have always wanted Moshiri out. The board were chosen though as the target by this protest group. I consistently on here made that point. Protesting and almost completely leaving Moshiri out was nonsensical. The board were the low hanging fruit easy to get at.

Do I want the board? No. They're useless. Something I've always argued.

The fans aren;t being blamed here by me either. I'm stating that passionate blues who organised the protests did so in an unfocussed and anarchic way and that has contributed to a club crisis that's engulfed us and buried us.

In a nutshell that ^^^ is my view.

No, that's not right.

I have always wanted Moshiri out. The board were chosen though as the target by this protest group. I consistently on here made that point. Protesting and almost completely leaving Moshiri out was nonsensical. The board were the low hanging fruit easy to get at.

Do I want the board? No. They're useless. Something I've always argued.

The fans aren;t being blamed here by me either. I'm stating that passionate blues who organised the protests did so in an unfocussed and anarchic way and that has contributed to a club crisis that's engulfed us and buried us.

In a nutshell that ^^^ is my view.

There has been plenty of protest aimed at Moshiri in this round of protests, the 27 campaign last year wrongly absolved Moshiri of blame but that has not been the case this time around.

You will see these self serving bastards on show in Saturday .
I will bet you,
Bill loves the limelight and his mug on the TV he will not miss the opportunity.
should stay away and let the fans and the team get behind the new manager.
but No they will show up and ruin it.
we get beat it will go toxic towards them for all the nation to see.
it will be all about the fans .
no the mess they have created.
yet another bad decision if the show up to add to the list.
I didn’t think we’d see their faces again but for all the talk of pulling together and unity I suspect they’ll use it as an opportunity to snake their way in and hide behind dyche .

To say it perfectly illustrates their self serving nature doesn’t do it justice , once again putting their own agendas ahead of the club . If me not being there helped us win I’d take the stick , be a whole lot richer and be a full on telly clapper .

The truth hurts.
Yes, but this isn't the truth

I could make a ton of points, but I'll make just a couple

First, the board cannot hide behind fan opinion as an excuse for decisions they make or fail to make. A competent board does what they believe is right regardless of how people will feel. If they wanted to sack Lampard earlier they would have done so. They kept him on till 2 weeks ago because they wanted to, and I presume were a bit deluded in thinking things could somehow turn around. If he had been sacked after the Bournemouth debacle, no one would have been overly upset. In fact, the vast majority knew Lampard was finished at the club back then. I continued to support him not because I wanted him to stay, but because the board kept him in place, and I like to win football matches regardless of who is in our dugout.

Also, the supporters had zero impact on the transfer window because the club had no money, and did not intend to back the manager, be it Sean Dyche, Frank Lampard, a caretaker, or anyone else. If the club had been serious about backing the manager, Lampard would have had players in during the first week of the month. The fan protests only began to pick up pace and widespread when it became clear the team was not going to be strengthened. And we all are aware that this club is very unlikely to survive because we did not get the players we needed.

The fans have not led any of this of the past month. The fans have responded to the poor decisions by the board and owner every time, rather than causing any poor decisions. The blame the fans narrative is the laziest and most outrageous narrative that I've seen in my years. At no other club would you see such a lack of competence and organisation at the top, and somehow the blame be shifted onto the support base. It just wouldn't happen, the media wouldn't allow it, and more importantly, it would be ridiculed by everyone because it's such a laughable and amateurish attempt to pass the buck.

And when I say the blame lies with the board and owner and I always mean both, because both are to blame. If I ever blame one without the other then I want people to correct me, because the blame is shared between Moshiri, the board, and the chairman. All of them need to go.