The Everton Board Thread

Yes but that was an error of judgement last year.

Asking someone so out of touch to make structural changes to the club is nonsensical.

I remember commenting that at the time, but it was very much the majority viewpoint that criticising Moshiri was taboo because of the stadium. It baffled me at the time but more and more people have woken up since then, I think people genuinely expected him to make wholesale changes in the summer just gone, they thought the narrow escape from relegation was going to “scare” him into making sweeping changes.

I know people won’t want to hear this, but that stadium has been a death sentence for this club, because it’s bulletproofed this owner from any criticism and fan angst for too long. The tables are turning on him now, finally, but it’s too late.

The simple fact is that none of this board / senior (business) management are good enough. In any other business, spending half a billion over six years to make the business worse would have resulted in them all being sacked.

It doesn’t matter who you think is the problem - Moshiri, Kenwright, ‘Professor’ BB, Sharpy, successive DoFs, crap managers, Cenk Tosun or the fact that Goodison is built on a sacred burial ground and we’ve upset the spirits - this is a failing business. It needs root and branch reform.

You will see these self serving bastards on show in Saturday .
I will bet you,
Bill loves the limelight and his mug on the TV he will not miss the opportunity.
should stay away and let the fans and the team get behind the new manager.
but No they will show up and ruin it.
we get beat it will go toxic towards them for all the nation to see.
it will be all about the fans .
no the mess they have created.
yet another bad decision if the show up to add to the list.
No chance they show their faces in the ground on Saturday. While there was no genuine risk of physical harm to them at prior fixtures, I'm not so sure anyone can state that is the case now. It is gone to far, very quickly and is largely a result of their most recent lies and inflammatory communications.

Even if they were somehow spirited in/out of the ground discretely, their mere presence in the box will invite noisy derision and will be acutely embarassing to them and the club. Their ego's (BK's anyway) wont allow that happen publicly.

I remember commenting that at the time, but it was very much the majority viewpoint that criticising Moshiri was taboo because of the stadium. It baffled me at the time but more and more people have woken up since then, I think people genuinely expected him to make wholesale changes in the summer just gone, they thought the narrow escape from relegation was going to “scare” him into making sweeping changes.

I know people won’t want to hear this, but that stadium has been a death sentence for this club, because it’s bulletproofed this owner from any criticism and fan angst for too long. The tables are turning on him now, finally, but it’s too late.
I have said many times that a spade should not have put in ground until we had at least 3 seasons of establishing ourselves in a stable league position of sorts - say mid table for eg.

I'm surprised there aren't and protests planned. Or maybe there are. But these "friendly" protests will do no good, unfortunately. Don't get violent, don't break the law, but make it literally impossible for these crooks to attend a game ever again. Be creative.

Yes, but this isn't the truth

I could make a ton of points, but I'll make just a couple

First, the board cannot hide behind fan opinion as an excuse for decisions they make or fail to make. A competent board does what they believe is right regardless of how people will feel. If they wanted to sack Lampard earlier they would have done so. They kept him on till 2 weeks ago because they wanted to, and I presume were a bit deluded in thinking things could somehow turn around. If he had been sacked after the Bournemouth debacle, no one would have been overly upset. In fact, the vast majority knew Lampard was finished at the club back then. I continued to support him not because I wanted him to stay, but because the board kept him in place, and I like to win football matches regardless of who is in our dugout.

The board have never sacked managers under Moshiri. Moshiri sacks managers under Moshiri.

Also, the supporters had zero impact on the transfer window because the club had no money, and did not intend to back the manager, be it Sean Dyche, Frank Lampard, a caretaker, or anyone else. If the club had been serious about backing the manager, Lampard would have had players in during the first week of the month. The fan protests only began to pick up pace and widespread when it became clear the team was not going to be strengthened. And we all are aware that this club is very unlikely to survive because we did not get the players we needed.
The option of loan deals was there and we had one secured with Lampard. And we';d have had them with his successor if he'd have been sacked early enough.

The protests were in full swing at the Brighton game and United cup match. They were at the beginning of the window. Even the Southampton protest was just midway through January. There was scope there to do a deal or two until it got really toxic.

The fans have not led any of this of the past month. The fans have responded to the poor decisions by the board and owner every time, rather than causing any poor decisions. The blame the fans narrative is the laziest and most outrageous narrative that I've seen in my years. At no other club would you see such a lack of competence and organisation at the top, and somehow the blame be shifted onto the support base. It just wouldn't happen, the media wouldn't allow it, and more importantly, it would be ridiculed by everyone because it's such a laughable and amateurish attempt to pass the buck.

And when I say the blame lies with the board and owner and I always mean both, because both are to blame. If I ever blame one without the other then I want people to correct me, because the blame is shared between Moshiri, the board, and the chairman. All of them need to go.

There's no blaming of fans going on here by me. There's a hierarchy of blame as I see it:

Moshiri
Weak DoFs
Useless Board
Incompetent players

They're to blame.

But there's room for self examination too. The encouragment of a catastrophic owner to do whatever he pleased to do ("The Mosh has got this lads" culture) as long as that stadium was being built and the targeting of a puppet boardroom who really have no power and have had no power since 2016 were calamitous actions when we urgently needed Lampard out.

There was an incredible amount of provocation from an imbecile owner and his pliant board, but the whole thing spun out of control in the January when we had to get players in to stay up.

The board have never been THE issue at Everton. Not this board at least. The have been largely ornamental with no determining powers.

The owner has always been the issue.

And here's the inconvenient truth: all those pitchforking the board right now were in the vanguard of welcoming Moshiri in and encouraging the spending spree on players and managerial turnovers. And they avoided criticising him and targetting him because they were petrified the stadium dream would evaporate if they turned their ire on him.

If we're taking the drop this season, then lets be absolutley truthful about who deserves a share of the blame.
If you're talking about this current owner, then he has clearly not 'always' been the issue, the tissue of lies surrounding the incompetent running of this club, go back over 20 years. I doubt if the Iranian lunatic even knew what an Everton was at that stage.

I agree, however, that the owner is a huge problem now and he needs to be made to feel so uncomfortable by the fans that he sells up sooner rather than later. I believe that he turns a blind eye to the lies and misinformation told by Kenwright and the board, because he sees them as a convenient shield. Make no mistake, driving Kenwright the liar and his rag tag bunch of followers out will hasten Moshiri's departure.

Not sure about Lamentable - I think they got over taken by the speed of unfolding events.
Yes. I said at the time of all this being called for that you better understand the forces being unleashed. I know Everton fans and I know the depth of passion they have. It goes well beyond the phoney identification Kopites have with their club, and the protest organisers surely knew that.

The board and their comms department threw flames on a fire and the rest is history.

IMO the scrap with the board should have been deferred until we were safe. To launch an attack to remove them when we were in the releagation dog-fight rather than removing the manager doing the immediate damage was a monumental error.

If you're talking about this current owner, then he has clearly not 'always' been the issue, the tissue of lies surrounding the incompetent running of this club, go back over 20 years. I doubt if the Iranian lunatic even knew what an Everton was at that stage.

I agree, however, that the owner is a huge problem now and he needs to be made to feel so uncomfortable by the fans that he sells up sooner rather than later. I believe that he turns a blind eye to the lies and misinformation told by Kenwright and the board, because he sees them as a convenient shield. Make no mistake, driving Kenwright the liar and his rag tag bunch of followers out will hasten Moshiri's departure.
I think they're irrelevant to that.

No chance they show their faces in the ground on Saturday. While there was no genuine risk of physical harm to them at prior fixtures, I'm not so sure anyone can state that is the case now. It is gone to far, very quickly and is largely a result of their most recent lies and inflammatory communications.

Even if they were somehow spirited in/out of the ground discretely, their mere presence in the box will invite noisy derision and will be acutely embarassing to them and the club. Their ego's (BK's anyway) wont allow that happen publicly.

It would be hypocritical of them to turn up now, especially as turning up now will be a lot more hostile towards them.

The board have never sacked managers under Moshiri. Moshiri sacks managers under Moshiri.

The option of loan deals was there and we had one secured with Lampard. And we';d have had them with his successor if he'd have been sacked early enough.

The protests were in full swing at the Brighton game and United cup match. They were at the beginning of the window. Even the Southampton protest was just midway through January. There was scope there to do a deal or two until it got really toxic.

There's no blaming of fans going on here by me. There's a hierarchy of blame as I see it:

Moshiri
Weak DoFs
Useless Board
Incompetent players

They're to blame.

But there's room for self examination too. The encouragment of a catastrophic owner to do whatever he pleased to do ("The Mosh has got this lads" culture) as long as that stadium was being built and the targeting of a puppet boardroom who really have no power and have had no power since 2016 were calamitous actions when we urgently needed Lampard out.

There was an incredible amount of provocation from an imbecile owner and his pliant board, but the whole thing spun out of control in the January when we had to get players in to stay up.
The protest at the Brighton game was unplanned and kicked in spontaneously as we went 4 nil down. I really don't think we can claim some kind of orchestrated protest that night, and being 4 nil down shortly after half time is going to provoke a reaction - it's totally unacceptable at Goodison Park.

I have been anti Moshiri now for many years, and yes I agree other people took too long to to realise it. But we are where we are and we can't turn back time. The protests this month have clearly included Moshiri unlike the past, and that's correct as he is the owner and ultimately responsible.

The decision to persist with Lampard post Brighton also went against the majority of fan opinion. Most of us expected him to be fired after a hammering at home but Moshiri decided to go on talksport and say he would continue to back the manager - "he'll get it right" was the quote. No one forced him to say that.