The Everton Board Thread

The board is done in its current guise, we might get a bone thrown of an addition or stepping away before the summer but I don’t see root and branch change really until then at the earliest. I think it’s Moshiri myself, i think he’s the dysfunctional presence, the money always holds the influence, I think he’s been a good intentioned loon, but I see that changing. He’s has always been sensitive, reactionary and emotional, so now the face has turned, I think it’s very likely he sells us down the river. Good and bad in that, but depends on the context. But the dysfunction can’t continue, the clubs well-being is haemerahing and we don’t have much farther to fall - we thought it couldn’t get worse then last season, it has.

The protests haven’t been enabling, if people want to believe it hasn’t effected our public profile it has and they have undermined us - thats down to piss poor timing, a lack of awareness and agreed a lack of coherence in what the priority should have been, pandoras box shouldn’t have been opened - If it couldn’t be controlled - you can disassociate yourself and condemn the scenes - but it’s like jamming on the breaks, your grand, but there is a 5 car pile up behind you - there is the natural cause and effect.

Timing, purpose and something beyond “just wanting change” and everything and everyone out is vital. I’m not against any of that, in fact I’d like something coherent I could support - haven’t seen it yet and as I say I don’t like the timing of what went down this month, less so the disempowering impact - not wholly at their door but was one of a number of factors.

I have my own opinion on Moshiri and the board and the need to change, but none of the protest groups have gone beyond binary stuff and as such I can’t warm to them, nor do I think they can unify the fan base behind an incoherent cause or limited strategy, even if the spirit behind it, is what’s required but it requires more coherence and realistic strategy, then just a vent.
Wrong. Bill Kenwright is.

Do not make the mistake of thinking Bill Kenwright is above sabotage either. I say that specifically

I completely agree with all that mate. Well said.

It's Moshiri who has to go. All roads lead to him. He's the source of all the instablity.

Funnily enough (and this underlines that it's not all black and white) Kenwright when he ran the club underlined how he could walk a tightrope and keep the club's balance. Did he hold us back? Yes. But he didn't crater the club and I doubt - if he'd have clung onto control until today - we'd be in this position now. And I'd also say that not EVERY Moshiri decision and appointment was crazy. Allardyce was astute to a point. He steadied the ship...but he didn't have the gumption of character to retain Allardyce another season to gain the club its firm footing again with back to back top 10 finishes...and he was also right about Silva too...he just (again) failed to stick by him. But combined, BK and FM were lethal for us. One in control but ceding every day club affairs to Bill and his fellow hand picked incompetents and thereby leaving the fans with a sense of confusion over who was to blame which ultimately exploded.

As for the protests: yes, "a pandoras box best left opened" - spot on. That's because although all the demands to keep discipline were made by NSNOW they were dealing with forces they couldn't fully control or dictate to. We're a big club with a lot of people who wont go back in the box when summoned up. Their actions allowed the media to frame us unfairly as a club that cant protect our players, and that's contributed to not getting a possible loan deal or two over the line and almost certainly sealed our fate as a PL outfit. That could have been avoided with a different strategy that deferred the fight to get the owner out until the summer and concentrated on the here and now of getting a failed manager out and players in for the next manager to succeed with. It's been a calamitous example of how not to protest IMO.

He put the club into a long term mortgage

Sold Rooney then relied on Moyes

A slow death is still a death

Kenwright has had enormous influence in the past 7 years. Too much.

The truth will come out about the corporate crises situation the club is in - off the field that which isn't public right now

It will. As Bill Kenwright once said "watch this space"

He's the cause

Likewise mate, good post and an excellent analyisis, I agree with all of it.

It’s important to point out, one size doesn’t fit all, there is to much binary thinking my mind, you can be critical of how the protests, were planned, executed, timing, impact and message and not support the board or the owner. The protests were damaging for those reasons I mention - ultimately they undermined the club this month and made things worse. Not wholly to blame of course, Moshiiri on Talksport was the touch paper and an example of the dysfunction we both mention. But we needed sensible heads, protesting for the right thing at the right time, instead of scaring the bejaysus out of our own players and up the road (literally and figuretively) and scaring the life out of any perspective signings, giving the kopite friendly media a field day - they don’t need an excuse.

The issues need something else, better leadership, better strategy, better alternatives, more coherence, realistic objectives and alternatives then just binary stuff and at the very least not to cut the legs out from under us and be disempowering, this Jan and the impact can’t be allowed to happen again, though its likely to late, an absolute mess.
I think a lot of it was down to frustration about not having a voice. A big contribution to the that's been war declared on owner and board was the insult of the Everton F.A.B.

That was a recruiting sergeant for people who demanded genuine dialogue with the board and a substantial input to their decision making. There are no doubt people running the NSNOW campaign who probably believe they'd never be called upon to get a chair at the table even though they know they could be of invaluable help to the club, and I think that's been a background feature here.

Whatever the origins of the protests I think they've been poorly thought out and executed.

I think a lot of it was down to frustration about not having a voice. A big contribution to the that's been war declared on owner and board was the insult of the Everton F.A.B.

That was a recruiting sergeant for people who demanded genuine dialogue with the board and a substantial input to their decision making. There are no doubt people running the NSNOW campaign who probably believe they'd never be called upon to get a chair at the table even though they know they could be of invaluable help to the club, and I think that's been a background feature here.

Whatever the origins of the protests I think they've been poorly thought out and executed.

I disagree with all of that post.

The teacher? This is the first time I’ve heard of all this. The fella tweeting may be better off trying to contact media rather than waiting for a response.
There was a thread on this once on the this forum. I rememeber a follow posting from someone who then detailed the allegations made by the club against the teacher.

I've been searching for it but cant find it. There was defo a blackguarding of the man by the club - I think it was maybe 2011?

W
There was a thread on this once on the this forum. I rememeber a follow posting from someone who then detailed the allegations made by the club against the teacher.

I've been searching for it but cant find it. There was defo a blackguarding of the man by the club - I think it was maybe 2011?

As I said it’s the first time I heard of it mate. People should get in touch with the tweeter I suppose if he says he has all the info.

I don't recognise you these days @davek and I'm disappointed in @Neiler's posts too about NSNOW.

I'm too tired to do a point by point rebuttal tonight

All I will say there is plenty of things going on yet to emerge about the goings on at Everton (nothing to do with Dyche or the team)

Specifically surrounding Bill Kenwright

The NSNOW are doing something needed. On that note I'll bid you goodnight

See you Saturday. I'll be sitting in since until the board are removed nothing changes

I support my club and am acting in its best interests. Just like the rest of NSNOW

As I said it’s the first time I heard of it mate. People should get in touch with the tweeter I suppose if he says he has all the info.
He did a previous full thread on it with full details during January. There is probably some non public things he is referring to in his tweet today. However in the thread he did before he did links to news articles on it too

As I read it

It’s interesting to deconstruct and to actually to look at the reactions and the dynamic, there has been a change this time.

Ultimately it came down to results to my mind, yes we know the personalities involved don’t like the board or Moshiri, we’ve been a financial basket case for years, we’ve made bad signings and bad appointments in the past, but I’d suggest no one would give a flyer about that if Lampard had got results from Bourmouth on - it would all be hunky dory.

Up until this point the managers have been the lightening rod the buffer or ire between the manager and administration. From Martinez right the way up to Lampard. Something changed though and I honestly, beleive it was Lampard his profile, the cult of celebrity and te perceived was “he got us” - there was so much good will weirdly for the man, that even when it became clear he was a bad manager and not up to the task, no one could get angry at him - that had to go somewhere and the leaders of the protest groups channelled it toward the board, not wholly incorrectly, but in a poorly timed, unweildly, incoherent, polarisingand uncontrollable way. But it was a reaction to results In the main and misplaced tension by the fans, we are football fans at our core. But the Lampard lightening rod thing is unique up to this point.

This is the first time the manager wasn’t the lightening rod and to be honest the administartion was lost, they hedgehogged it, leaked stuff and we were caught in a vacuum of the being afraid to act on Lampard around fear in the reaction.

The end result is both the administration and the protests through cival war and the unleashing of uncontrollable forces, compleatley undermined what ultimately was the only objective the welfare of the club, both can hold their hands up to my mind about the culpability of their actions in terms of the direct impact on the well-being of the club. There are loads of uncomfortable truths to go around,

It’s interesting to deconstruct and it’s actually to look at the canvases reaction and the dynamic, there has been a change this time.

Ultimately it came down to results to my mind, yes we know the personalities involved don’t like the board or Moshiri, we’ve been a financial basket case for years, we’ve made bad signings and bad appointments in the past, but I’d suggest no one would give a flyer about that if Lampard had got results from Bourmouth on - it would all be hunky dory.

Up until this point the managers have been the lightening rod the buffer or ire between the manager and administration. From Martinez right the way up to Lampard. Something changed though and I honestly, beleive it was Lampard his profile, the cult of celebrity and te perceived was “he got us” - there was so much good will weirdly for the man, that even when it became clear he was a bad manager and not up to the task, no one could get angry at him - that had to go somewhere and the leaders of the protest groups channelled toward the board, not wholly incorrectly. But it was a reaction to results In the main, we are football fans at our core.

This is the first time the manager wasn’t the lightening rod and to be honest the administartion was lost, they hedgehogged it, leaked stuff and we were caught in a vacuum of the being afraid to act on Lampard around fear in the reaction.

The end result is both the administration and the protests through cival war and the unleashing of uncontrollable forces, compleatley undermined what ultimately was the only objective the welfare of the club, both can hold their hands up to my mind about the culpability of their actions in terms of the direct impact on the well-being of the club. There are loads of uncomfortable truth to go around,
Last paragraph. Totally. Totally. Wrong.

It’s interesting to deconstruct and it’s actually to look at the canvases reaction and the dynamic, there has been a change this time.

Up until this point the managers have been the lightening rod the buffer or ire between the manager and administration. From Martinez right the way up to Lampard. Something changed though and I honestly, beleive it was Lampard his profile, the cult of celebrity and te perceived was “he got us” - there was so much good will weirdly for the man, that even when it became clear he was a bad manager and not up to the task, no one could get angry at him - that had to go somewhere and the leaders of the protest groups channelled it toward the board, not wholly incorrectly, but in a poorly timed, unweildly, incoherent, polarisingand uncontrollable way. But it was a reaction to results In the main and misplaced tension by the fans, we are football fans at our core. But the Lampard lightening rod thing is unique up to this point.

The end result is both the administration and the protests through cival war and the unleashing of uncontrollable forces, compleatley undermined what ultimately was the only objective the welfare of the club, both can hold their hands up to my mind about the culpability of their actions in terms of the direct impact on the well-being of the club. There are loads of uncomfortable truths to go around,
@Neiler in a few years from now when things that aren't public come out. You'll retract that last paragraph