The Everton Board Thread

What does Kenwright do or DBB do of any note?

Just in the last year, say.

My view is that they're 'kin useless and should be gone for that reason. I'd like to see the working out from those who say they make major decisions.
You wouldn't like to expand & explain what Graham Sharp & Grant Ingles actually do could you old bean ?

The most inept , unqualified & unprofessional board in football.

You wouldn't like to expand & explain what Graham Sharp & Grant Ingles actually do could you old bean ?

The most inept , unqualified & unprofessional board in football.
They dont do anything of importance. Same as Kenwright and DBB.

That body is shorn of real power. It has been since 2016.

That's not a convincing answer.

Moshiri knows the pattern: fans agitate to get a manager sacked and they get sacked. If Everton supporters didn't agitate for it he was happy to sit back a while longer.

Lampard's outstaying his shelf life for another 3/4 games than he should have had will be decisive this season.
I beg to differ a little David.
If Moshiri , the board & Thelwell backed Lampard right at the start of the window with bringing in some real firepower up front we probably wouldn't even be discussing how late Lampard was sacked.

Sorry not buying it mate.

It's been put out that the whole club is toxic & by association ( ie Jeff Stellings idiotic comments) the fans.

Well apart from a few players getting legged after the game by a few idiots & the usual twitter fools posting crap there has been no toxicity from the supporters.
This has wrongly now been used as an excuse for the lack of signings in the window. The real reason ( if there's truth in it ) players didn't want to come here was we are joint bottom of the table had no manager until near the end and they saw what a shitstorm the club is.

So please don't tar the fans with the same brush.

"Both sides" doesn't wash mate.

Id acknowledge the alternate opinion mate but dont agree and that is what we are discussing, opinion.

I do happen to think it had an impact - was it intentional - no - but it lacked foresight, vision or self awareness by all involved of what was an important period and what was a priority. The coming together of the two opposing forces, events footage, media coverage by both sides - conveyed an image of chaos and toxicity and ultimately cival war. Did that colour anyone's thinking in decision making - of course it did and i think you are fooling yourself if you think it didnt, Andre Ayew today doesnt want to touch us with a barge poll, were a couple of years ago hed have ran over hot coals to get here. The whole thing couldn't have happened at a worst time, i want it to continue now so it better not loose energy, because January and that opportunity now is gone. So this better keep up.

Last edited:
What does Kenwright do or DBB do of any note?

Just in the last year, say.

My view is that they're 'kin useless and should be gone for that reason. I'd like to see the working out from those who say they make major decisions.
That’s the point though. Both of them are supposed to be running the club but they’ve made a complete mess of it.

Bill is in London - he’s not in the best of health and he has other interests with his production company. However as we’ve seen/heard from Sean’s disclosure is that he very much controls the player transfer business handling most if not all of the agent negotiations.

Denise is in Liverpool - she’s supposed to take care of day-to-day running of the club.

Mosh is aots - he’s very rarely in the U.K. let alone Liverpool. He offloads the majority of the decisions around the club to Denise and Bill and only gets involved when those two cock it all up or if Kia wants to make some more money.

The club is set up to fail due to the way the board is comprised. They are distant both geographically and ideologically. They are working in isolation, doing their own thing and it shows, it’s a complete mess.

Moshiri has to sack DBB and Bill and appoint his own people, those he can trust to implement whatever plan he decides upon.

That's not a convincing answer.

Moshiri knows the pattern: fans agitate to get a manager sacked and they get sacked. If Everton supporters didn't agitate for it he was happy to sit back a while longer.

Lampard's outstaying his shelf life for another 3/4 games than he should have had will be decisive this season.

It's not convincing because you have already decided to take the blame the fans angle

It's a fact that the fanbase would not have cared if Lampard had gone following Bournemouth (game 2) or Brighton (1-4). There was not pressure being put on Moshiri to retain the manager, and there is not even a debate round that point. The only reason the manager was retained was because owner and board decided to retain him longer than was necessary.

I beg to differ a little David.
If Moshiri , the board & Thelwell backed Lampard right at the start of the window with bringing in some real firepower up front we probably wouldn't even be discussing how late Lampard was sacked.
It's not the board - it's Thelwell working with the owner on that.

The board are basically patrons.

And if Lampard had been backed with a striker or two he possibly could have gained us the results, which is what I'm also saying about the protests having needed to be about getting players in as well as a new manager.

In short: unachievable objectives were chosen to challenge Moshiri with rather than the more achievable ones. Once it became about the useless board and the club's comms department took up a stance behind them the club was fractured so badly we'll never recover from it this season.

All that was avoidable.

Id accept the alternate opinon mate and that is what we are discussing is opinion.

I do happen to think it had an impact - was it intentional - no - but it lacked foresight, vision or self awareness by all involved of what was important and what was a priority. But the coming together of the two opposing forwards, events footage, media coverage by both sides - conveyed an image of chaos and toxicity and ultimately cival war. Did that colour anyone's thinking in decision making - of course it did and i think you are fooling yourself if you think it didnt. The whole thing couldn't have happened at a worst time, i want it to continue ow so it better not loose energy, because January and that opportunity now is gone.
You are still incorporating the fans into the media frenzy of the word toxic.

My earlier post looked at the root of this & the reaction which you fail to acknowledge.

Again did the board envisage the reaction to be what it was ?

If they did and it was calculated , then then that puts them in an untenable position & signifies there is far deeper problems within the club.

This is not on the fanbase mate.

Id acknowledge the alternate opinion mate but dont agree and that is what we are discussing, opinion.

I do happen to think it had an impact - was it intentional - no - but it lacked foresight, vision or self awareness by all involved of what was important period and what was a priority. The coming together of the two opposing forces, events footage, media coverage by both sides - conveyed an image of chaos and toxicity and ultimately cival war. Did that colour anyone's thinking in decision making - of course it did and i think you are fooling yourself if you think it didnt. The whole thing couldn't have happened at a worst time, i want it to continue now so it better not loose energy, because January and that opportunity now is gone. So this better keep up.

There is no evidence I can see that fan protests affected January business. The only facts we have is that we received 40 - 45m and reinvested nothing. That suggests that they did not intend to back the manager, whoever it was. And also suggests there was absolutely no money prior to the Gordon sale.

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't actually follow it at this point. If the board's decision making was so badly effected by criticism then they clearly aren't competent in their roles. But that point would also rely on the board making good decisions when they are not under heavy scrutiny and that simply hasn't been the case. Protests or no protests, their decision making has been inept over many years. This isn't just an issue that appeared in January - this was the culmination of many years of poor leadership from board and owner.

And if Lampard had been backed with a striker or two he possibly could have gained us the results, which is what I'm also saying about the protests having needed to be about getting players in as well as a new manager.

In short: unachievable objectives were chosen to challenge Moshiri with rather than the more achievable ones. Once it became about the useless board and the club's comms department took up a stance behind them the club was fractured so badly we'll never recover from it this season.

All that was avoidable.
Kenwright has been mentioned as involved in both the interview process for the manager, and by Dyche yesterday in terms of recruitment. He's the chairman of a massive football club so I can't possibly believe he has no authority or responsibility. It's not an honorary role he holds. And the owner of the club certainly doesn't appear to be heavily involved in a day to day basis either.

That’s the point though. Both of them are supposed to be running the club but they’ve made a complete mess of it.

Bill is in London - he’s not in the best of health and he has other interests with his production company. However as we’ve seen/heard from Sean’s disclosure is that he very much controls the player transfer business handling most if not all of the agent negotiations.

Denise is in Liverpool - she’s supposed to take care of day-to-day running of the club.

Mosh is aots - he’s very rarely in the U.K. let alone Liverpool. He offloads the majority of the decisions around the club to Denise and Bill and only gets involved when those two cock it all up or if Kia wants to make some more money.

The club is set up to fail due to the way the board is comprised. They are distant both geographically and ideologically. They are working in isolation, doing their own thing and it shows, it’s a complete mess.

Moshiri has to sack DBB and Bill and appoint his own people, those he can trust to implement whatever plan he decides upon.
We're going round in circles:

As I see it - Thelwell handles the transfers; Chong handles the stadium; Moshiri handles the major hirings and firings (managers and DoF).

BK's allowed to try and schmooze a bit on the phone with agents and DBB attends industry junkets - and the club's on fire over that?

Pffft!

All that was avoidable.
I posted the other day an agent saying Everton are by far the worst club to deal with , he has to go through 3 people to get a decision or agreement then back to the 3 to get it signed off.

Yes you are so right to call them 'useless'

But you are so wrong thinking the protests shouldn't be aimed at them.

They are the Root Cause of all the problems.