The Everton Board Thread

I think they're irrelevant to that.
I don't agree Dave, Moshiri has decided that the board are a good thing, perhaps because their true awfulness, duplicity and incompetence keeps the attention away from those very same flaws in himself. If the board are forced out, and I don't think it will take too much more negative attention on the club to bring that about, then I believe that Moshiri, realising that there is nowhere left to hide, will rethink the valuation he puts on his stake in the club. Nobody is going to pay anything like the sum he, reportedly, wants at present.

Fans, players, media and indeed the owner give credit to fans as being a key reason why Everton stayed in the league last season. We put aside anger an frustration and put on a fake face to welcome Fabian Delph and co as heroes to drag them over the line.

Unfortunately, since that - our own board in desperate self preservation mode have switched the narrative and portrayed fans as thugs - the Sky Sports News narrative over the bus welcome prior Southampton compared to how they covered last season was the direct consequence of the boards smear campaign.

That 'statement' and action from the board was the final straw, there's no recovery from that. Make no mistake, they need booting out of this football club.

However... *puts protective gear on*

If I was in the campaign group I'd suggest a "OK. We hear Sean Dyche's 'park it' request. We'll do that for the foreseeable but our aims will not relent. We want this board out for these reasons..."

I'd do that not to relent on the board, but it's a perfect response to the boards effort to undermine fan protests.

Let focus for Arsenal be how we've had to appoint Sean Dyche an how we're the only team who didn't bring a single player in. The chaos speaks for itself, let's not risk the chance for the agenda to be "the board aren't here because of safety concerns" as the camera pans to fans protesting.

The campaign group paused match day protesting last year and gave their reasons as to avoid distraction. Is the same is needed now?

The lesson though is if we do stay up, don't relent.

I don't agree Dave, Moshiri has decided that the board are a good thing, perhaps because their true awfulness, duplicity and incompetence keeps the attention away from those very same flaws in himself. If the board are forced out, and I don't think it will take too much more negative attention on the club to bring that about, then I believe that Moshiri, realising that there is nowhere left to hide, will rethink the valuation he puts on his stake in the club. Nobody is going to pay anything like the sum he, reportedly, wants at present.
Needs the press to get on board to force the issue

Wishful thinking

There was a thread on this once on the this forum. I rememeber a follow posting from someone who then detailed the allegations made by the club against the teacher.

I've been searching for it but cant find it. There was defo a blackguarding of the man by the club - I think it was maybe 2011?
Something to do with the 'Free School' thing...what ever one of them is

The argument towards this board has been won.

You know it's been won when you have even the likes of Ian Wright, Kevin Campbell and Jamie Carragher saying "Hang on, this isn't on the fans as the board are trying to say. This is the issue here... Everton are the worst ran football club in the country"

The chaos speaks for itself.

Sometimes you can just point, rather than shout.

Don't let them hide behind "those nasty fans wont let us go to a football match".

It gives them an out. A distraction. We don't want to distract from anything other than the complete an utter failings of this board.

Needs the press to get on board to force the issue

Wishful thinking
You know what mate, it just may happen, there has been a shift in the narrative by a couple of the Everton journalists recently. I think they resent being lied to and made to look foolish over 'headlockgate'. Now they know how it feels to be a victim of the Kenwright machine.

Fans, players, media and indeed the owner give credit to fans as being a key reason why Everton stayed in the league last season. We put aside anger an frustration and put on a fake face to welcome Fabian Delph and co as heroes to drag them over the line.

Unfortunately, since that - our own board in desperate self preservation mode have switched the narrative and portrayed fans as thugs - the Sky Sports News narrative over the bus welcome prior Southampton compared to how they covered last season was the direct consequence of the boards smear campaign.

That 'statement' and action from the board was the final straw, there's no recovery from that. Make no mistake, they need booting out of this football club.

However... *puts protective gear on*

If I was in the campaign group I'd suggest a "OK. We hear Sean Dyche's 'park it' request. We'll do that for the foreseeable but our aims will not relent. We want this board out for these reasons..."

I'd do that not to relent on the board, but it's a perfect response to the boards effort to undermine fan protests.

Let focus for Arsenal be how we've had to appoint Sean Dyche an how we're the only team who didn't bring a single player in. The chaos speaks for itself, let's not risk the chance for the agenda to be "the board aren't here because of safety concerns" as the camera pans to fans protesting.

The campaign group paused match day protesting last year and gave their reasons as to avoid distraction. Is the same is needed now?

The lesson though is if we do stay up, don't relent.
In my opinion, no. Because if we did stay up, the problems would be forgotten again and swept under the carpet by large portions of our support. And the media will move on to the next story, and things would be forgotten. Come the summer we would then have plenty using the usual argument of not the right time, because for them there will never be the right time.

And also because we can support Dyche and the players and campaign against the board outside of the 90 minutes.

Think this is the link silencing ?

I just want the season over and done with.

The football side has been too overshadowed by the toxity of the board

They are too stubborn/insular to move

If it takes relegation to fet tid then so be it. We need the place to get back to what it was and should be

In my opinion, no. Because if we did stay up, the problems would be forgotten again and swept under the carpet by large portions of our support.

I said on here after Palace that it would be a mistake to allow that to happen.

A combination of relief and just wanting a break from Everton proved a huge mistake. We let them off the hook.

The club also did well in a bit of a PR spin by letting the manager thank fans etc.

I think now though the vast majority of Everton fans see how bad the club is ran - there's no comeback.

I speak to a big cross section of Everton fans and there's not one I know who don't want this board out.

Last season that was not the case.

And because we can support Dyche and the players and campaign against the board outside of the 90 minutes.

We can. I've said that before.

But we can't.

External factors we can't control take that narrative away and the narrative counts.

Dyche suggested parking it.

The fan campaign group paused match day protests last season and give the reason as to avoid distraction.

A campaign against the board doesn't have to be on a match day.

It should include match days for maximum impact, no doubt - I just don't think it's now. For me, the way the cards have fell - new manager, the immediate fixtures coming up, and how clear and obvious the boards failing now is in public - it's counter productive for match day protests right now.

You have opposition teams potentially having a small mental lift with "lads, their own fans are kicking off and will get on top of them, the pressure is on them..." - it's not true, but former/current players have said this happens.

I'll support the fan protests as a fan, just feel as though it would be more savvy and damaging to the board to do as Dyche suggested. Park it. That doesn't mean stop it.

The board and chairman are resposible for the safety and wellbeing of the club. Thats their job. The fact we are owned by a billionaire and cant spend coz of ffp shows mismanagement. The paranoia from the boardroom and the fact they cant/wont listen to supporters shows bad leadership. You have to be bigger than that. It goes with the job. If you think a few lads with flags has added to the reason we havent signed anyone we will have to agree to disagree on that. Why would the club be trying to do a £2m loan deal for sarr at watford if we had the £40m to spend from the gordon sale. Their are suggestions that the £40m had to go straight on the balance sheet and i personally believe the board knew they werent buying anybody and they misled the supporters including yourself. Again the wrong decision as its added fuel to the fire. 2 seasons running our manager has had 24 hours to get players in. Again bad mismanagement. I go back to the ntl deal and its a long long list of lies and mistakes made by kenwright. This smear campaign against the supporters is the worst of the lot for me. Its a new low for kenwright.

Thats not the point im making, im not defending the board and if you check my post history you will see me cautioning about mismanagement, wasting money, losses etc - while the cool thing to do was say "well its not my money".

Im not arguing in favour of the board - what im saying is the time to challenge that and protest was wrong, ev3ents became uncontrollable escalated and impacted the perception of the club - we absolutely disagree - the toxic dynamic created absolutely impacted the wellbeing of the club, both sides are culpable.

Ive no axe to grind with the the protest groups, they can protest every day now, in fact i hope they do - now is the right time, in January it was the wrong time, about the wrong issues and it disempowered us - board culpable as well - the whole thing was shocking toxic and likely to remain so - but we below our shot in Jan. Again agree to disagree.

Our club has been dying for 30 years.
For 30 years we have suffered failed promises of imminent resurrection.
The anger and disaffection that exists now has been bubbling below the surface for decades, just growing in intensity.
Those protests didn’t create that anger , the anger spawned the protest groups.
It existed even if no one bothered to paint a banner or organise a protest.
Your correct about the right time though, it should have happened at least ten years ago, now we’re just arguing about reanimating a rapidly decomposing corpse.
Will Mr Dyche be our Dr Frankenstein?
I doubt it,

It needed a trigger anda afocal point though mate - it wouldnt have happened if we won five on the bounce, the right things to protest about and pressure was a lack of investment in the squad and a manager out of his depth, that would have been meaningful in Jan. Open letters, national media - we want answers articles cultivated the concern of the fan base based on poor performence, Moshiri sent an open letter - not enough, he went on talk sport which was horrfic and that was the touch paper - the trigger for the pent up emotion that sparked civl war and created the toxic dynamic. Thats not condoneing either thats an observation.

My point is supporting neither, my point is what was created was toxic and disempowered the wellbeing of the club - timing, priority and issue were poor.

I hope the protests continue now, that not the issue.