The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
for doing what.
Selling Rooney,
screwing up a couple of stadium moves
failing to back his manager
letting goodison fall in to disrepair
Working out a deal with a terrible owner?
1999 to 2015 is the bleakest period in Everton's history.
Yeah but you're forgetting all the new pairs of shoes he bought for Jenny, not to mention the new frocks, etc.

That's why she thinks it was well spent.

Last edited:

And the two appointments to the board is the dead giveaway that this won’t happen.

Our “Chairman” will never allow the jobs-for-me-and-my-mates boardroom culture to be impacted.

“Farhad, we don’t need investment or additional people on the board here at Everton, nobody understands this club like we do.

Kevin has a 3,256 point plan that he’s working on, Denise is talking to gambling companies about morally bankrupt sponsorships, Sharpy is balls deep in a panda. He scored a good goal at Anfield in the 80s you know! And me, well… I AM Everton football club.

Besides, other clubs ask ‘what would the Everton board do because they always seem to get it right’. You just leave us to it, there’s a good lad”
I agree totally with everything you've said here about the board.
I do think you're doing Sharp a huge disservice with this. He should be nowhere near our board, but we shouldn't ignore his part in Everton's history.

It also shows he is a proven liar
He learned from the best.
Everton-news-Bill-Kenwright-next-manager-1445999.jpg

I am absolutely intrigued as to what will happen this Summer if we stay up.

We'd need to invest in players that Dyche (not Thelwell, Moshiri or Kenwright) identifies and ensure we have a squad that isn't threatened with relegation again. I just don't know if that's possible though. The Board are a complete bunch of incompetent nitwits who had almost certainly accepted relegation during the January transfer window.

I hope Premier League status and our last season (???) our last season at one of World Football's most historic old grounds plus BMD just one year away = strong enough bids from serious, competent football-focused investors who can send Moshiri and Kenwright packing pronto.
The official view is now Jan 2025 is the earliest date for completion - with the start of season 2025-26 being the likely date for the first League game*
*An inaugural opening game will no doubt be slotted in before that.

Yes because that really would of been great for us at the time.
Everyone was glad back then Johnson sold the club, the fact remains nobody else was interested
Lets say for argument's sake that's true, why didn't he sell on to people who were interested and had money to invest at a later date? There were interested parties then, and he didn't. You can't claim he's some sort of saviour. You can't deny that the fact he remained on as chairman getting a fat wedge when he did eventually sell points to a selfish approach on his part, with self interest placed well above the interests of the club.
What am I saying? You can claim it. You can deny it. Because that's what you do, regardless of the evidence accumulated over the decades. It's what you do, isn't it Bill?

Yeah but he had nothing to invest, anyway, I can actually see Usmanov and Moshiri losing money, which they fully deserve.
If he had nothing to invest then why buy the club.
The whole idea of buying a club is to put money into it to take it forward,and have a forward thinking board with a vision for the future of the club.
Kenwright did none of these and his forward thinking was only about himself,leaving the club to stagnate,himself to get richer,and other clubs with a proactive board to leave us floundering with the also rans and relegation certainties.

I am absolutely intrigued as to what will happen this Summer if we stay up.

We'd need to invest in players that Dyche (not Thelwell, Moshiri or Kenwright) identifies and ensure we have a squad that isn't threatened with relegation again. I just don't know if that's possible though. The Board are a complete bunch of incompetent nitwits who had almost certainly accepted relegation during the January transfer window.

I hope Premier League status and our last season at one of World Football's most historic old grounds plus BMD just one year away = strong enough bids from serious, competent football-focused investors who can send Moshiri and Kenwright packing pronto.
The problem with that, is it will most likely be a new rebuild when dyche goes or is sacked. I know some fans will throw out that dyche style isn’t defensive and look at the XG since he joined and then rave about how Brighton and Brentford do things.

A lot of our chances are most likely from set pieces, which teams will start to work out over time. The DOF and his team should pick the managers and players, so if a manager doesn’t work out for what ever reason,
The new manager has a similar style and can work with similar players. We go from one extreme to the other. And will waste money on dyche’s players and then be stuck with them, all managers are selfish, so dyche won’t care about doucoure getting a new deal and him staying till 34 or Keane for that matter. But this is where the DOF should control things, that’s not to say a manager shouldn’t have input, because of course he should.

Personally I think dyche’s style is defensive,
That doesn’t mean you can’t create chances on 30% possession, but when you play Brentford yes Brentford and have 20% at home in the 2nd half is definitely a worry for me, in the modern game you will never lay a glove on the top half of the prem doing that. And again some on here will say who cares about the top half let’s just have 2/3 seasons not fighting relegation, but plenty of clubs have proved you can from bottom 6 to top half very quickly, with good recruitment and planning. West Ham, Leicester, Brentford, Brighton.

Let’s survive first, but I do think the fans will turn if we start to get dominated with the ball every week at goodison, trying to hang on for dear life at home 1-0 up v , palace, Leeds etc

Status
Not open for further replies.