The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have to look at the concourses at half time to realise that some fans do still want to jump around singing. however when they go back to their seats they are not together. so they're not going to carry on like that if their seat is surrounded by people who choose to sit down. They have to be together in the ground.

I don’t see the lack of singing as an issue as we’ve never really been ones to sing all the way through matches, and are hardly known for a vast repertoire of different songs. However, the lack of any kind of noise in the stadium over the past couple of years does concern me. I think a real apathy has set in amongst the supporters, and we are in danger of being as un-arsed as the players seemingly are. We don’t even seem to berate the ref for poor decisions or opposing players for fouls etc...a small boo then that’s it.

Maybe 20+ years of absolute mediocrity has finished Goodison off...

Already replied with this. We have more season ticket holders than Liverpool...

46% of their capacity are season ticket holders.
84% of our capacity are season ticket holders.
Did you write that "tongue in cheek?" It is probably easier to explain the difference in atmosphere by saying that their relative success down the decades has achieved a world wide audience despite a continual lack of trophies. Every transfer splurge they make is greeted as the last piece of the jigsaw, and "this could be our season". This goes on and on most seasons. I don't know what the comparative spend is over the past 25 years, but their expectations are always higher than ours. I am always nauseated by the media concentration on the pre match ritual of "You'll never walk alone" . I am probably jealous, but it was my fault choosing Everton over them many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.