The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 39k there for a lunch time game on New Years Day. That's excellent support.

But I fully expected someone at some point to blame the fans, because it seems fashionable within the nucleus of super blues. I can only assume those who always moan about atmosphere were non stop trying to start songs, waving flags, holding up banners and clapping furiously every time we found a team mate.

The only boos were at full time. The crowd where quite patient yesterday compared to last season. Leicester only brought the lower tier. By the logic of the blame the fans brigade, how did they win with such poor support?

The Goodison atmosphere won't improve until there is less money spent every week on players who show no pride of performance and no pride in the blue shirt. The current crop certainly don't deserve our support. Why should we revere players who are here for their bank balance and happy to go through the motions?

There were 39k there for a lunch time game on New Years Day. That's excellent support.

But I fully expected someone at some point to blame the fans, because it seems fashionable within the nucleus of super blues. I can only assume those who always moan about atmosphere were non stop trying to start songs, waving flags, holding up banners and clapping furiously every time we found a team mate.

The only boos were at full time. The crowd where quite patient yesterday compared to last season. Leicester only brought the lower tier. By the logic of the blame the fans brigade, how did they win with such poor support?

The Goodison atmosphere won't improve until there is less money spent every week on players who should no pride of performance and pride in the blue shirt. The current crop certainly don't deserve our support. We should we revere players who are here for their bank balance and happy to go through the motions?

No chance there was 39k, there were loads of empty seats.
The stadium has been quiet for years, part of the reason teams find it so easy to play at goodison now.

We need to believe the team is capable of victory , right now we don’t.
It’s always been a symbiotic relationship.
At present there is a palpable sense of resignation to defeat.
We don’t believe.
Only the team can change that.
No amount of singing turns a poor team into a good one.

The stadium has been quiet for years, part of the reason teams find it so easy to play at goodison now.

There were quite a few in the park end empty. Otherwise no there weren't lots of spaces. That includes the remainder of the away end.

Can I assume you were at the game yesterday to know what the atmosphere was like?

Ive been going since the early 70's - nothing has changed. Goodison has a unique atmosphere/setting.

A singing section - give me strength.

There is nothing `put on' about our crowd/stadium.

All it needs from the players is a high level of commitment, tackles and movemnet. Then in an instant the place goes from silent to a fire cracker.

wrong, they find it easy to win here because the players are pathetic

it has been quiet for years I agree, but there wasn't any excuses under koeman ( first season ) when we won about 10 in a row at home

some people on here have excuses for us being Shiite, and it's never the players/managers fault

We have always forgiven mistakes if the fight is there. Keane for me is the slowest most hapless and biggest waste of money centre half I have seen in many, many years BUT if he crunches into a tackle I will be up screaming encouragement and willing him to go on and continue to play well.

When you have the likes of complete fannies like Walcott/Gomez bottling out of challeneges and just jogging around I shout for them to be taken off.

That is our culture and I hope it doesnt change.

Ive been going since the early 70's - nothing has changed. Goodison has a unique atmosphere/setting.

A singing section - give me strength.

There is nothing `put on' about our crowd/stadium.

All it needs from the players is a high level of commitment, tackles and movemnet. Then in an instant the place goes from silent to a fire cracker.
Everything in football is 'put on' in 2019. EVERYTHING.

You sneer at the idea of a singing section but seriously what would be the problem with a section of blues who just want to sing and support the side all game, every game?

I'm like a stuck record but a significant problem is we've over subscribed season tickets. What is it, 9 in every 10 seats sold out before a ball is kicked - a massive increase in kids season tickets because they cost buttons. There are too many going through the motions/routine - myself included.

It's short-sighted and we should put a low cap on total season tickets for any new stadium.

Because people just don't talk as much anymore let alone chant. Bet you find most fans are either on Facebook, Twitter to vent or cheer...last time I went to a game a shouted "come on you blues" and fans actually turned round to see who was disturbing the peace. I didn't rally cry again. It's just not cool to cheer at goodison anymore unless a goal goes in. It's a sad time and I blame social media for it all.
Did the same in one of the cup games, shouted, stop backing off get into them, the reaction was people looking around and the poor girl in front nearly having a heart attack.
All i heard all game was turn , by the same people every few minutes until i couldn't take it anymore and said shut up you gang of d***heads have you ever played the game, think at the time are player had three players directly around the back of him?
In fairness to the younger fans , years ago you could just go into any end and just stand with like minded people who wanted to be a bit more excitable, if you go now it will more than likely be one here one over there scattered all over the end so its a lot harder to get anything going..
Don't know if its possible in the new ground , but if they had a safe standing area , couldn't they just issue say 3000 tickets for that part of the ground with no allotted seat number so groups could get together, just go in and sit/stand with your mates.
We have been a pretty mundane team for years just making up the numbers , which hasn't helped, and to be honest its a different crowd at goodison these days as well.

They can't even be arsed to voice their displeasure. A quick one-second boo after a humiliating home defeat and then a generous round of applause for the losers on the field. No wonder nothing ever changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.