• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart.

I like both Lozano and Neres for different reasons. But neither would be cheap and we have bigger positional needs. The idea is to find those types of players before they become 40M players.

Or buy them for 40 mill before they are 90, economies of scale, like Richarilison and Digne. I think Mina will prove the pick of the litter, if not it will be his own fault.

I dont like the Barca shadow of that deal, some would say loan. lol ;)

Or buy them for 40 mill before they are 90, economies of scale, like Richarilison and Digne. I think Mina will prove the pick of the litter, if not it will be his own fault.

I dont like the Barca shadow of that deal, some would say loan. lol ;)
Either way, agreed. Its every bit about good business.

Either way, agreed. Its every bit about good business.

The way i read it the higher the transfer fee and wages - the higher the risk to the club, the more the caution and the certainty the judgement needs to be that is the general approach.

Its certainly something we talk about here regularly but its good to see that opinion is shard, acknowledged and validated by the club.

Transfers like the ones of the Koeman era are death by a thousand cuts, they undermine the growth of the club for years by the constant blood letting of wages and fees, three years on and we are still suffering the hangover.

Marcel Brands:

”The fact that you can spend money means that you have to be much more careful,”

“If you make a mistake here, you will hardly be able to get rid of them.

“Players earn a lot of money and there are not many clubs that can handle such salaries or transfer fees.”

That comment has made me very optimistic that we have someone with common sense in the vanguard of our transfers.

Perfect comment really, lets Steve Walsh and his signings know that they were a complete waste of time, and points to us being far more sensible going forward.

*flameproof suit equipped*

... Anthony Martial, anyone? Seems fed up over what's been going on at United.

Undoubtedly has ability, but not convinced he's the type of player we should, or will be after. We'll be after the next Martial before he's made a big move.

Would take a punt in Fraser from Bournemouth for the right price.
Last year of his contract so anything under 15 mill would be great.
Good age, very pacey, good stats for assists and cover anywhere on the right, perfect squad player and allows more time to phase.out coleman

Would take a punt in Fraser from Bournemouth for the right price.
Last year of his contract so anything under 15 mill would be great.
Good age, very pacey, good stats for assists and cover anywhere on the right, perfect squad player and allows more time to phase.out coleman

But plays mainly on the left.

Just seen the red echo are quoting that Everton are looking are changing their goalkeeping options in the summer
I assume they mean back up options as I can’t see Pickford going anywhere
He’s proved his worth with a settled defence who know what they are doing in front of him
Granted the Newcastle game and Anfield were blips but he’s still a good goalkeeper
Plus who will pay the 50/60 m we would want for him
United if De Gea goes off to seek his fortune at Real? I don't really see any other way of him going, and I wouldn't put money on that either.

Chelsea can't get him because of a ban. Liverpool and City have decent keepers who fit their systems.Arsenal or Tottenham? Don't see it. I would be more than surprised if a European team swooped in for an overpriced English player unless he was world class. I can't see Pickford anywhere else but here next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.