Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Left footed, quick, can turn and carry the ball, creates and scores plenty, contributes in defence, lots of intercepts, a lot to like about this guy.

Not happening though, is it? They've just made his signing permanent for £21 million. For them to consider selling him immediately, you're probably talking £40m or more.

Not happening though, is it? They've just made his signing permanent for £21 million. For them to consider selling him immediately, you're probably talking £40m or more.

I'd say even at £40 mil its not impossible, Brands said himself we might spend some big fees on quality young players with big potential, obviously interest from other clubs might get in our way but I could certainly see us making 1 or 2 high-value purchases this summer.

I'd say even at £40 mil its not impossible, Brands said himself we might spend some big fees on quality young players with big potential, obviously interest from other clubs might get in our way but I could certainly see us making 1 or 2 high-value purchases this summer.

You'd assume that Gomes and Zouma might fall into the category of "high value"?

Just seen the red echo are quoting that Everton are looking are changing their goalkeeping options in the summer
I assume they mean back up options as I can’t see Pickford going anywhere
He’s proved his worth with a settled defence who know what they are doing in front of him
Granted the Newcastle game and Anfield were blips but he’s still a good goalkeeper
Plus who will pay the 50/60 m we would want for him

Just seen the red echo are quoting that Everton are looking are changing their goalkeeping options in the summer
I assume they mean back up options as I can’t see Pickford going anywhere
He’s proved his worth with a settled defence who know what they are doing in front of him
Granted the Newcastle game and Anfield were blips but he’s still a good goalkeeper
Plus who will pay the 50/60 m we would want for him
I'd assume Virginia will move to back up and Stek released or at least I hope or maybe Stek is getting the boot and they'll bring someone else in, Signing back up goalkeepers is the worst because 99% chance they'll never play in the whole season yet they'll still want game time.

The Depay at Utd? Of course not.
The Depay at Lyon, from the 7 or 8 games i've seen, absolutely a decent buy at the right price.
He doesn't seem a Brands purchase though, from what our Dutch overlord has said.

Marcel Brands:

”The fact that you can spend money means that you have to be much more careful,”

“If you make a mistake here, you will hardly be able to get rid of them.

“Players earn a lot of money and there are not many clubs that can handle such salaries or transfer fees.”

That comment has made me very optimistic that we have someone with common sense in the vanguard of our transfers.

Marcel Brands:

”The fact that you can spend money means that you have to be much more careful,”

“Players earn a lot of money and there are not many clubs that can handle such salaries or transfer fees.”

That comment has made me very optimistic.

He’s basically bemoaning the likes of Bolasie there.

Marcel Brands:

That comment has made me very optimistic that we have someone with common sense in the vanguard of our transfers.
can't believe we bagged this man, absolute hero

Marcel Brands:

He hates Steve Walsh just like all of us.

Marcel Brands:

Smart.

I like both Lozano and Neres for different reasons. But neither would be cheap and we have bigger positional needs. The idea is to find those types of players before they become 40M players.

Marcel Brands:

Yep, it's incredibly difficult to get rid of your deadwood when they're earning the kind of wages we have dished out. If you are giving out those sort of contracts, you have to be certain. It should seem like common sense, but it's incredible how often it's overlooked. If Brands can shift the likes of Bolasie, Sandro, Schneiderlin, Tosun and Walcott, it'll be very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.