Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Welbeck is leaving arsenal meaning I won’t be able to sleep until he joins anybody but us.

Imagine Welbeck and DCL upfront....
In the 70 games they play in a season they would rattle home 7 goals and [Poor language removed] out of 70000 challenges and have a record 0.04% chance conversion rate. Barlow and Angell would lose their claim to fame as the worst strike force ever.

He’d just be another Walcott signing. Never happening.

I agree, but if he was fit and i know he never is, hes a better alternative and then Tosun or Niasse in my opinion.

We have been treated to some right shocking depth strikers in the last few years inclusive of the above we have had Kone and Valencia etc.

Im so bored of having no striker and depth in that area. Its actually criminal.

Thinking of it more, he is a bit like DCL so not what we need really.

But i could see him being an option for someone 10 -15 games a season.

Its a position teams struggle with, that depth striker, the CL clubs have a Giroud, Loretne etc. Someone happy to sit on the bench for the sub appearance or cup games and the odd PL game. I think you actually need a player of that type, not necessarily Welbeck mind.

Id settle for a starting centre forward first and perhaps DCL become B.

Really important window if we can secure Gomes and zooms and add two quality first teamers id be happy
I’d be happy with Zouma, Gomes and then a big money centre forward, maybe a couple of cheap squad players

Coleman and Richarlison as a right hand side is defo good enough

Unless you buy from abroad or take a gamble with someone from a smaller team, there really are no decent strikers that you'll be able to get on the cheap. Good strikers are becoming a rarer and rarer commodity these days, so it's always going to cost a bit to get one and there's always going to be competition from other clubs

It's why us persevering with DCL and developing him into a good striker would be such a bonus
The Pedro kid from Fluminense is a 20 year old baller and Real agreed to sign him for something just under £20m. Now tack on a injury that kept him out for half of last season and he is probably the same if not less than before.

Wesley from Brugge would also be a great signing and not more than £20m.

Timothy Weah is also under 20 and is under £20m while lighting up the Scottish league currently and performing very well for PSG prior to his loan to Celtic. Has pace, skill, a clinical shoot, and incredible positional awareness while also playing as a RW ST SS or LW.

I’d be happy with Zouma, Gomes and then a big money centre forward, maybe a couple of cheap squad players

Coleman and Richarlison as a right hand side is defo good enough
I disagree, while a striker will definitely improve us. We still need a few more quality additions. A Quality RB of Digne’s level could be worth an extra 10 points a season maybe more.

And if we lose Richarlison and/or Bernard we have no quality cover. I hope we bring in a top class wide player.

Status
Not open for further replies.