Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
but in my view, anyone who thinks like that is a moron and isn't worth listening to. Not really sure there's much we can do to make them understand, because they're a bit simple to understand, 5 minutes of reading up would make them understand.

I agree but people are stupid, why do you think we have the Tories in power, they listen to the media's lies. Everton need to raise the bar, and this window is a big opportunity to do that. Let's hope we move forward again.

I think that's too high a price for us given that he's 30. we will need to spend to improve many positions in the team and the fact is we have to watch how much we are allowed to spend to adhere to PL rules.

This could be the named player we need to attract other big name, younger players. We will also get at least 3 years out of him as a top class footballer. We have to start somewhere and no one else will pay that fee for him at that age surely. We are not the attraction we were as previous Windows have proved, I say he's a top player, a little older than we'd like but if we can let's go get him. He could be our catalyst like Robihnio was for City.

£24m for a 30yr old Mertens, or £25m for a 26yr old Bolasie.

Which one I would go for? Not sure...
I get your point but I'm just thinking how long before we'd need to replace that £24m player. We still have a ceiling on our spending and this may be too much of a luxury.

I'm not sure either age or price or fame is the main factor in our spending this summer, allowing for what we're permitted to spend, of course. We have to get the right players in to take us from seventh to fourth, regardless of who they are, how much they cost, and how old they are. Character and desire, as well as ability, are going to be key. Fine to pay over the top for a terrific plsyrt who is 30+, so long as he wants trophies, not a pay day.

Hi, some update from Belgium, with comments from Herman Van Holsbeek, Anderlecht's sport manager:
{link removed due to spam)

"Youri Tielemans devrait nous quitter dans les deux semaines", a dit Van Holsbeeck. "On parle de Monaco mais ce n'est pas encore fait et ce n'est pas le seul club intéressé. Les choses pourraient encore bouger d'ici là."

I try to translate (sorry for my english if there are some mistakes): "Tielemans should leave in the next two weeks. There are talks about Monaco but it's not done yet and it's not the only club interested. Things could still change until then."

So there is still a little hope for Everton. On other targets mentionned here, Van Holsbeeck says that Anderlecht agreed with Kara Mbodji in january to let him go in the summer if a good offer is made, and he is adament that Dendoncker is staying next season.
I always love when people who do not speak English as a native language say that then proceed to essentially run circles around native speakers.

Thanks for the heads up and welcome!

I get your point but I'm just thinking how long before we'd need to replace that £24m player. We still have a ceiling on our spending and this may be too much of a luxury.

You're right, and that's why I'm not sure. Particularly since I gather Mertens is a player relying on speed and explosiveness (correct me if I'm wrong here), both of which start to decline fairly quickly in the 30s.

I know no one gives a poop about this but I thought I'd write a proper good FIFA list of everyone I know (there'll be others I've never heard of) to look out for at the U20 World Cup kicking off tomorrow in each team because... well I'm waiting for my pasta to boil and I'm bored. I claim ownership of all these players true Zat style:

Group A

South Korea: Lee Seung-woo and Paik Seung-ho both Barca players involved in them receiving a transfer ban.
Guinea: N/A
Argentina: Ascacibar (next Mascherano), Senesi, Lautaro Martinez (next Aguero), Conechny, Mansilla, Colombatto & Ponce
England: Don't think it's necessary everyone knows the England players.

Group B

Venezuela: Penaranda, Stoeldo and Yangel Herrera (class)
Germany: Ochs, Gimber, Mittelstadt & Serdar - surprisingly weak squad from the Germans!
Vanuatu: Don't even know where this country is
Mexico: Antuna & Ulises Torres

Group C

Zambia: Patson Daka - moved to RB Salzburg so I'll assume he's another African talent like Keita was/is.
Portugal: Yuri Ribeiro, Xadas, Diogo Dalot, Jose Gomes, Alexander Silva
Iran: Reza Shekari (Guardian recommended in 2015)
Costa Rica: Moving on...

Group D

South Africa: Liam Jordan (Sporting Lisbon usually have decent academy players)
Japan: Ritsu Doan (another mini Messi), Nakayama
Italy: Dimarco, Barella (class), Orsolini, Mandragora, Marchizza - Italy have a good squad.
Uruguay: Schiappacasse (Atletico), Amaral (star player #1), de la Cruz (RS winger), Valverde & Bentancur (signed for Juve as part of the weird Tevez deal with Boca, love him)

Group E

France: The whole squad, definite favourites for me! Diop, Onguene, Boscagli, Augustin, Tousart, Nkunku, Saint-Maximim (better Adama Traore), Blas, Harit, Poha, Lafont, Thuram (son of Lilian, other end other pitch).
Honduras: *tumbleweed*
Vietnam: See above.
New Zealand: *shrug*

Group F

Ecuador: Estupinan (Watford, highly rated full-back)
USA: Redding, Carter-Vickers & Palmer-Brown in defense. Zelalem (how is he still only 20), Lennon.
Saudi Arabia: Could not tell you one of their names.
Senegal: Ibrahima Niane - just signed to the Metz academy so good indicator he's going to be decent after Mane, Sarr, Cisse etc.

I know no one gives a poop about this but I thought I'd write a proper good FIFA list of everyone I know (there'll be others I've never heard of) to look out for at the U20 World Cup kicking off tomorrow in each team because... well I'm waiting for my pasta to boil and I'm bored. I claim ownership of all these players true Zat style:

Group A

South Korea: Lee Seung-woo and Paik Seung-ho both Barca players involved in them receiving a transfer ban.
Guinea: N/A
Argentina: Ascacibar (next Mascherano), Senesi, Lautaro Martinez (next Aguero), Conechny, Mansilla, Colombatto & Ponce
England: Don't think it's necessary everyone knows the England players.

Group B

Venezuela: Penaranda, Stoeldo and Yangel Herrera (class)
Germany: Ochs, Gimber, Mittelstadt & Serdar - surprisingly weak squad from the Germans!
Vanuatu: Don't even know where this country is
Mexico: Antuna & Ulises Torres

Group C

Zambia: Patson Daka - moved to RB Salzburg so I'll assume he's another African talent like Keita was/is.
Portugal: Yuri Ribeiro, Xadas, Diogo Dalot, Jose Gomes, Alexander Silva
Iran: Reza Shekari (Guardian recommended in 2015)
Costa Rica: Moving on...

Group D

South Africa: Liam Jordan (Sporting Lisbon usually have decent academy players)
Japan: Ritsu Doan (another mini Messi), Nakayama
Italy: Dimarco, Barella (class), Orsolini, Mandragora, Marchizza - Italy have a good squad.
Uruguay: Schiappacasse (Atletico), Amaral (star player #1), de la Cruz (RS winger), Valverde & Bentancur (signed for Juve as part of the weird Tevez deal with Boca, love him)

Group E

France: The whole squad, definite favourites for me! Diop, Onguene, Boscagli, Augustin, Tousart, Nkunku, Saint-Maximim (better Adama Traore), Blas, Harit, Poha, Lafont, Thuram (son of Lilian, other end other pitch).
Honduras: *tumbleweed*
Vietnam: See above.
New Zealand: *shrug*

Group F

Ecuador: Estupinan (Watford, highly rated full-back)
USA: Redding, Carter-Vickers & Palmer-Brown in defense. Zelalem (how is he still only 20), Lennon.
Saudi Arabia: Could not tell you one of their names.
Senegal: Ibrahima Niane - just signed to the Metz academy so good indicator he's going to be decent after Mane, Sarr, Cisse etc.

This sort of thing will get you put on a watch list.

Status
Not open for further replies.