Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Sigurdsson has run the greatest distance in the league this season. One of the areas Barkley gets criticised is how he covers ground. Something to bear in mind.

I was unaware of his work rate tbf. Remembering his time at Tottenham though, i'm wondering if he is that much quality above Barkley, those ideally are the teams we are now competing against.

Personally just think we should aim bigger, player isn't arsed about joining us either

Just read that Sigurdsson has run the greatest distance in the league this season. One of the areas Barkley gets criticised is how he covers ground. Something to bear in mind.
Fair point however on The blue room podcast Matt Cheetham said the difference is marginal this does have elements of firminio v lukaku. Sigggurdson has created 24 chances from Open play this season Barkley 83.

I'd take siggursdon all day his set pieces are amongst the best in the world however he isn't a replacement or a play maker in any way.

Also a cautionary note Lorente is pretty much the best attacking header of the ball in the league 8 of siggursdon assists-come from his goals.

It would be nice if we could get 2 new centre halfs who can ensure siggursdson set peice delivery is fully utilised although jags hasn't done a bad job in the opposition box lately he won't be first choice next year.

Fair point however on The blue room podcast Matt Cheetham said the difference is marginal this does have elements of firminio v lukaku. Sigggurdson has created 24 chances from Open play this season Barkley 83.

I'd take siggursdon all day his set pieces are amongst the best in the world however he isn't a replacement or a play maker in any way.

Also a cautionary note Lorente is pretty much the best attacking header of the ball in the league 8 of siggursdon assists-come from his goals.

It would be nice if we could get 2 new centre halfs who can ensure siggursdson set peice delivery is fully utilised although jags hasn't done a bad job in the opposition box lately he won't be first choice next year.

I've mentioned the same thing.

To me he can work as a central midfielder drifting into an attacking mid. But if Barkley is going, we still need a creative spark.

But then again, I can see Koeman wanting to play 3 quick strong pacy attacking forwards (3 Mane's if you will) and 3 defensive mids. So a playmaker may not be on his list.

I'd rather just laugh at them and say they know nothing about football if they put us and west ham in the same bracket

It sets the tone for damaging conversations were Southampton and utter crap like that are compared to us in tv/radio debates though. Then you get laughable conversations were teams like Leeds who have spent half of their history in the lower divisions referred to as a big club by the press, whereas us we've spent 114 seasons in the top league, being questioned. It does the club no favours and that's why we're always called out by no mark clubs supporters, negativity on the drip has an effect.

I want them both mate, they bring different things.

If Barkley goes I think we will change how we play rather than attempt a like for like replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.