Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he is Canadian, but he plays here so I'll take a shot from what I've seen in MLS. Strong, good finisher, pretty good hold up play, but no idea if he's ready for such a big jump. It's a crap shoot, but he'd be cheap so worth the minimal risk if you ask me. Worse comes to worse, we sell him back to MLS two years on for the same money it would take to get him now.
I go to all of the Orlando City home games, so I've seen him quite a bit. Everything that you said is pretty much spot on. I always think he'd be ready for the PL, but I hesitate because, as you said, it's a massive jump. Keep in mind he's still only 21.

I go to all of the Orlando City home games, so I've seen him quite a bit. Everything that you said is pretty much spot on. I always think he'd be ready for the PL, but I hesitate because, as you said, it's a massive jump. Keep in mind he's still only 21.

Would he even get a work permit?

Sticking with Joel is a no brainer, Hart is shocking, Pickford is one for the future perhaps, but we have that now, dont forget Sunderland will need to sell him in the summer once they drop and they are going to want top coin for him, the type of money we need to spend on defenders, especially also to replace Coleman.
Besides both Liverpool and Arsenal will need keepers in the summer, RS dont have one and Cech is pretty much on the way out, bidding war right there pushing the prices up.

I'd definitely keep Joel. We need one more though, so its a case of either going for a young one, e.g Woodman or one around 23-25 with experience such as Pickford/Butland or going for a foreigner.

One thing I'm enjoying is seeing us have a lot of players in the squad who are English and in the national youth teams...Butland or Pickford could conceivably be our keeper for 10+ years and some of our lads will be in the same England squads as them...I do like that.

I'd definitely keep Joel. We need one more though, so its a case of either going for a young one, e.g Woodman or one around 23-25 with experience such as Pickford/Butland or going for a foreigner.

One thing I'm enjoying is seeing us have a lot of players in the squad who are English and in the national youth teams...Butland or Pickford could conceivably be our keeper for 10+ years and some of our lads will be in the same England squads as them...I do like that.

I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, but I can't see us going for an up and comer at that position. I could seeing us going in for Joe Hart, but if we're going to sign someone at that position with the stated intent of making the leap to top for, you don't do with with a Pickford or Butland.

I'd sign Hart. NEA.

watched him for the first time in a few months the week before last when Torino played Inter.

Made two great saves, but was at fault (and I mean absolute howlers) for both goals. Also cocked up hugely in the England game as well but Stones had him covered.

I wanted us to sign him last summer and still wouldn't be against it I suppose as he's better than what we've got, but at the same time he's not going to get any better now and for the wages etc may just not be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.