Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butland really is top quality. He won't be getting sold for less that £30m though so that rules him out for me.

£30m for a 24 year old 'keeper, nowhere near his prime but still very good indeed, is buttons in the current market.

Stoke would be silly to let him go. He's contracted to 2021 - the way the market is going, they can get two more years out of him and get closer to £50m in 2019.

watched him for the first time in a few months the week before last when Torino played Inter.

Made two great saves, but was at fault (and I mean absolute howlers) for both goals. Also cocked up hugely in the England game as well but Stones had him covered.

I wanted us to sign him last summer and still wouldn't be against it I suppose as he's better than what we've got, but at the same time he's not going to get any better now and for the wages etc may just not be worth it.

He was never as good a keeper as his PR and the press tried to make out.

Any keeper who is known to have major problems if a shots hit at a certain area as he struggled to that side is a worry, case of if you have the ego and a big enough mouth then people will believe your good.

Thing is toff, he isn't better than what we've got, he's just a bigger name.

Be an utter waste of money and possibly a disaster of a signing for us.

Trust me soon as he played for us and made a quarter of the mistakes he was making for city, England or torino, the press would be hammering him.

£30m for a 24 year old 'keeper, nowhere near his prime but still very good indeed, is buttons in the current market.

Stoke would be silly to let him go. He's contracted to 2021 - the way the market is going, they can get two more years out of him and get closer to £50m in 2019.

The market on keepers hasn't gone as silly yet though mate, plus from stokes angle, he breaks down again next season then he'd be viewed possibly rightly so as damaged goods and his value would plummet.

Stoke are in that spot they aren't ever pushing for Europe, nor in danger of getting sucked into the relegation fight, year on year, makes them vulnerable to good offers really.

£30m is silly when you consider getting a new keeper is far from being a priority for Everton, we need to spend a lot on the back 4 next summer and that will take most of the budget im sure.

Would anyone take Nolito?
Probably get him for 10mil.
Think he would be a great option to play in a wide striker role.

Hasn't set the world alight at city, but was very good in his last couple of season in Spain. And destroyed us in pre-season a few years back

Too old for me. Can't be bothered having to re-make the team every couple of years.

Any 2 from Van Dijk, De Vrij and Keane would be a great start. All very solid, good in the air and decent on the ball. Van Dijk in particular would be an incredible signing.
Exactly my view! 2 of VVD, SDV, Keane and Gimenez would be perfect signings.

Cyle larin the MLS striker is in no way a good repayment for Lukaku, he is a decent back up/bench striker with long term potential but not a first team starter.

I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, but I can't see us going for an up and comer at that position. I could seeing us going in for Joe Hart, but if we're going to sign someone at that position with the stated intent of making the leap to top for, you don't do with with a Pickford or Butland.

Pickford and Butland look class to me, I think one will be England keeper soon (would have been butland after last summer but for his injury).

For me, hart is like rooney...about to be ditched by England.

Status
Not open for further replies.